PDA

View Full Version : 85 Tri-z running ruff any thoughs

levitate1
02-01-2017, 07:41 PM
hey guys i have a 85 tri-z that i bought not running. I put in a fresh top and bottom end, jetted it to altitude ( i live at 9000 ft) the problem that i am having is the bike starts right up will idle forever, and will move, but never hits the power band. almost like it wont clean out (but more of just lake of power not really sputtering). I am sure im pretty close on the jetting. could it be electrical, timing...? I am up for any advice. i have been messing with it for months and i am just not getting anywhere.

has DG pipe, new piston, crank, new stock plug, stock carb

thanks guys

Rob Canadian
02-01-2017, 08:11 PM
There was a member on here not long ago that rebuilt a 250R engine with a similar problem.

Turned out to be a mouse nest in the exhaust of all things. Air in Air out... It has to flow.

brandonlowe2
02-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Is the carb good and clean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

levitate1
02-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Yea super clean with all brand new jets

levitate1
02-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Well I haven't checked that but I will do so to my knowledge I'm the first one to start this bike since 04

Red Rider
02-01-2017, 10:05 PM
There was a member on here not long ago that rebuilt a 250R engine with a similar problem.

Turned out to be a mouse nest in the exhaust of all things...Poor mice. Did they survive?

ebaccm26
02-01-2017, 11:06 PM

Turned out to be a mouse nest in the exhaust of all things. Air in Air out... It has to flow.

I guess that's pretty common then lol. I refreshed the top end of a tri-z this past fall and at the same time picked up another pipe off of here because mine was rusted. Got it all together and it wouldn't rev up for anything, turns out the pipe I bought off of here came free with a family of mice stuck inside of it. :crazy: