PDA

View Full Version : 1984 200ES Carb issues.

AC Farmer
02-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Howdy! I'm new to the three wheeler world. I bought my first three wheeler about a month ago and have been messing with it since. I bought a 200es that didn't run and had been sitting for 8 years! Here's what I've done I've put a new carb in it since the old one was very rough. Put a new air filter in it. Now here's my problem it cuts out when you try to open it up in neutral and in gear with the air filter lid on. If I take the lid off it runs perfect. I've messed with the adjustments on the carb and it didn't seem to make a difference. Any information would help. Thanks!

350for350
02-03-2017, 10:11 PM
You're carb is running rich. When you remove the airbox lid, you're letting more air in. Since it runs better when you let in more air, you're running rich. You may need to either rejet or leave the lid off of the airbox. I wouldn't recommend leaving the lid off. A lot of extra dirt could get in and clog your filter faster. Mud and water can also get in through the top. I'd recommend rejetting.

Rob Canadian
02-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Where did you get the carb from? Stock air filter?

AC Farmer
02-04-2017, 01:12 AM
350for350- Thank for some info. I'll have to look into that.

Rob Canadian- I bought the carb off Amazon its a Caltric Carburetor. The air filter is aftermarket. Also bought it off Amazon.

One more thing I'd like to point out is that it does not have an exhaust at the moment just the header pipe. I finally found one the other day though and its on its way. Not sure if having no back compression would effect it any.