PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Tail Lights??

Rust Free
02-06-2017, 06:09 PM
239575239576I picked up a Big Red last weekend and plan to clean it up a little. It has had new fenders added and there are cut outs for tail lights. I am wondering if anyone has ever added a false light rather than finding the more expensive original lights? When I say false light I mean red lenses mounted in the holes that look ok on the cheap. I am just thinking rather than spend $150 on original lights if you can even find them.

Rob Canadian
02-06-2017, 10:47 PM
Can you measure the size of the cutout?

I just picked up a tail light assembly for my 200X off ebay. New aftermarket. $16.00. Lens /socket... Maybe make a mount and go that route(?) Have functioning running light?

DiamonDon
02-07-2017, 02:53 AM
A super cheap, yet labor intensive suggestion!

If you are comfortable with some soldering, and super cheap($3 shipped) this might be of interest:
http://www.dx.com/p/15w-waterproof-flexible-led-light-strip-red-60-5050-smd-720lm-700nm-white-dc12v-1m-391823

Know they are ridiculously bright, very waterproof, low power, and can be cut & soldered back together into various shapes using small lengths of wire.

For three dollars, you could do worse, but it depends on the look you are after :)

Your Big Red looks sweet, worth the wait to get some oem parts used IMHO.
Eventually, the real lenses will come up for a decent price on ebay or craigslist.