PDA

View Full Version : Atc 200s help

Tanker
02-08-2017, 02:38 AM
I just got my first 3 wheeler ever in a craigslist trade. The guy said he had it running but i have yet to get it to start. i put on a new pullrope and it has compression and good spark. the fuel tank was rusty inside so i am planning to replace the fuel lines and put an inline filter in the line. any tips and tricks to getting this thing started? it seems in good shape frame and engine wise. the plastics are really rough and the sprockets could probably be replaced. only the rear right tire holds air for long but it came with 3 spare tires. the foot brake is completely broken off and as of now it has no brakes at all. i really want to get this thing rideable because they seem really fun. any information or advice is welcome.

Ghostv2
02-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Well it sounds to me you missed one of the most important parts to get these things running right. The carburetor. Take it off, clean it really good. flush out your tank, new inline fuel filter, check your air filter and box to make sure nothings in there. You'd be surprised. Then give it a pull. Otherwise you're just wasting your energy.

And by the way I don't think it's a 200s. It's older than that. Looks like a 200e or 200m to me. Front fender is wrong, dash pad is wrong, seats wrong, throttles wrong, bars have been replaced, etc etc. (for a 84-86 200s anyways)

Post up some more pictures. The homemade bars holding up the rear rack also catches my eye lol.

deathwobble
02-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Defiantly pull off the carb and give it a good soaking. I recently picked up a 200s and the carb looked like it spent a month at the bottom of the ocean. Also I tried to put an inline fuel filter in mine and with the way the line runs from the tank to the carb there was no place to fit it and still put the gas tank on. If its rusty pull off the gas tank and flush it to cause putting a fuel filter on it will just cause the fuel filter to get plugged with rust and you get no gas. Also I always go clear gas line and filters so you can see if fuel is flowing.

Tanker
02-09-2017, 02:31 PM
More pictures of it. Engine is definitely a 200 still haven't gotten started... Tank is off and im working on cleaning it. Carb coming off tomorrow. Getting new tires mounted. are all the rims the exact same so i can just take the one from the back that holds air and put it on the front? chain and rear axle bearings should be in today.

Tanker
02-09-2017, 02:34 PM
new pics are posted. carb is coming off tomorrow hopefully. tank is off and ready to be cleaned. nothing was in the air filter box other than a rather new looking filter that didnt actully fit the intake... i noticed a spot for a battery, do i need to put one in? i need to figure out something to do for brakes, both work but there are no levers or cables. thanks for the help.

86125m
02-09-2017, 03:42 PM
yea it was at one time in its life a 200e but it looks more like a Frankenstein now.

Ghostv2
02-09-2017, 08:25 PM
^hes right.
That for sure looks to be a 200s motor. So a battery won't do much of anything.

As far as breaks, you gotta find the original parts and put them back on. Cables can be aftermarket. Levers can be anything. You need a brake drum cover, your foot brake pedal looks to be sitting above your skid plate, missing both hand brakes and cables. Right goes to front drum, left goes to rear. A Left OEM perch will have a parking brake on it too. Which your missing that cable by the looks of it too.

It would be a lot of work to bring it back to original. I'd just get it driving and stopping again and enjoy having a beater to play on. If you wanna make it presentable or original again, look for a parts trike. Since you'll need everything but a frame pretty much. Or find a 200s with a shot motor and put that motor in it. (Easier and cheaper route). https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170210/5399175def0c68c6d3dd5de7b006b17e.jpg

Tanker
02-10-2017, 03:32 PM
ok i have a parts bike lined up i am getting it tonight. Hopefully it has all the parts i need to get this thing running well.