PDA

View Full Version : Noise Emission sticker on 86 Tecate 3

Schigara
02-10-2017, 11:56 PM
I have just begun the restoration on my recently acquired 86 Tecate 3 and I noticed a noise emission sticker on the under side of the frame below the neck. It is still readable but has some cracks in the plastic protective covering which allowed some water damage. I was able to remove and save it using a heat gun and razor blade scraper with minimal new damage. I am going to do the most comprehensive restoration I can and will find a way to re-create this sticker if no else is doing it but does anyone re-create these noise emission stickers?

I am going to paint the frame like it was originally instead of powder coating because I want the VIN to still be visible like it was when it came from the factory. I have to re-stamp the last five numbers of the VIN because they are very worn due to 30 years of clutch cable wear. I am taking the frame to be sand blasted in the moring and have taped off the vin and will tell the guy to not blast the vin at all.

Also, has anyone ever been able to get a replacement title for an old atv such as this that was most likely lost by the original owner over 25 years ago?