PDA

View Full Version : Heald Super Bronc 3

dlmeyer0325
02-26-2017, 08:30 PM
Picked up this Super Bronc 3 for FREE about a year ago. Just pulled it out to start on it. Coworker's grandpa had it in a shed. His brother bought it in the 80's and played with it for 2 years before parking it where it sat since then. Motor fires and electric start works. I pulled off the head and the engine looks almost new inside. He said that he was glad I came to get it because in 2 more weeks it would have gone to the scrap yard because he was tearing down the shed.

OZQUAD44
02-27-2017, 09:34 AM
I love it! Hipster trike[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

350for350
02-27-2017, 10:06 PM
Nice find! Keep that baby stored inside while you have it too. You don't see many in that condition.

dlmeyer0325
03-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Thanks! I've got it completely torn down now and it's pretty slick how simple it is. I've got new bearings on the way. The shocks on the seat are 13" h-h which I'm finding is common with motor cycles but the old style like this is bringing a pretty penny.

Does anyone know where any Carlisle old style v-tread 21x12-8 are lying around? I can't find them any where. All 3 are shot. I'd like to keep it stock but if not I'll go with the knobby.

I'll be sanding/sandblasting a lot of the main parts. Any idea of paint schemes? The fenders and rack look like they had been painted with a brush but I kind of like the honda colors. I found one restore that was black and orange.

I called power tech a couple times and spoke with the son but haven't talked with Roy yet. From the sound of it they don't have too many parts.

Side note: I was at an auction last weekend where they had a haul master that ran great. Sold for $600. Few less projects and it would be in the garage. I got talking with the owner and he said that roy had rebuilt the transmission for him. I'll update as it progresses

3wheelbancher
03-13-2017, 06:21 PM
I love it! Hipster trike[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk