PDA

View Full Version : Sickle bar mower

sledcrazyinCT
03-04-2017, 10:33 AM
I am in need of replacement parts for a JARI monarch mower. Not interested in spending $340 on a set of tire/rims. Does anyone know of other equipment that used a 16x2 solid rubber tire?240375240376

Could probably continue to run these tires if I used an adhesive to fill the dry rot cracks but finding a source for new ones would be awesome. Thanks in advance for any info on places that offer these style tires and rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolpool
03-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Here's a long shot. Would putting a cut to length, cogged serpentine belt upside down riveted to the rim work? Reaching here.

90nut
03-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Hard to find. I see some at tractor and engine shows I go to but don't have a source for new ones. Pic of the whole machine? I think I know exactly what one you have.

sledcrazyinCT
03-04-2017, 08:37 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/95616c69f29149e85b958a47c0d73d52.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/50278d3604b057cf5ef28aa4896b325a.jpg

These mowers are pretty bulletproof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolpool
03-05-2017, 12:35 PM
Cool machine, restoring it or just using it as is? I was thinking if you wanted to protect the current rubber, stretch a kids bike tire over it and it can take the beating.

6bt
03-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Or even a couple old snowmobile belts, cut, flipped over and bolted/riveted on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Caminofeld
03-06-2017, 02:33 AM
I gave a trashed and flat set of dry rotted woolyboogers to my friend; who cut the tread off and epoxied them to his son's bald Power Wheels plastic wheels. Actually worked really well, but I presume you want to keep the original look?

Shep1970
03-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Interesting how the top spindles drive the wheels like a gear. Maybe try these with some time w/a tire groover. Probably would have to rework center spindle/bearing though, and im sure the metal isn't as beefy.240476 240477

Shep

Ive got an attachment for an old gravely you may be interested in i'll post a pic shortly, just not sure if your machine has connection point for it. Here it is 240478

wheelsforheels
04-02-2017, 08:55 AM
I have one of these exact same machines. It has no engine. I put one on it shortly after I got it and it worked fine. The engine has since been removed for other projects as I have a better rough cut mower. The cogs on the wheels are somewhat worn. The small drive spindles seem to show more wear than the tires. Last I looked, there were no cracks or splits in the hard rubber. I see your in Conn. Not to terribly far from NY. I'd sell it for what I paid. $25. Been thinking of selling my trikes too. Two 110's, one runs, rough, the other is a parts machine. Also a 125M that runs well but sometimes jumps out of second gear. Let me know if your interested and I'll go out and have a closer look at it. It has been stored, covered, outside for awhile.

It was actually a smooth running machine but I would joke with friends about the name, Jari. It will Jari you all over the place when you run it.:lol:

plastikosmd
04-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Forget the rust pile ;), I want to see the turning center or the red car (944?)u are hiding!

sledcrazyinCT
04-05-2017, 08:35 AM
Forget the rust pile ;), I want to see the turning center or the red car (944?)u are hiding!

Our company would be happy to sell you a German built Swiss lathe. We currently have a trade in 2012 36mm machine and a brand new 20mm Swiss.......For $160,000 someone can buy our 20mm lathe with a barfeeder, 4 port oil pump and a mist collector.

The 944 is an 86 non turbo that the boss man picked up to use when he visits from Germany

sledcrazyinCT
04-05-2017, 08:37 AM
I have one of these exact same machines. It has no engine. I put one on it shortly after I got it and it worked fine. The engine has since been removed for other projects as I have a better rough cut mower. The cogs on the wheels are somewhat worn. The small drive spindles seem to show more wear than the tires. Last I looked, there were no cracks or splits in the hard rubber. I see your in Conn. Not to terribly far from NY. I'd sell it for what I paid. $25. Been thinking of selling my trikes too. Two 110's, one runs, rough, the other is a parts machine. Also a 125M that runs well but sometimes jumps out of second gear. Let me know if your interested and I'll go out and have a closer look at it. It has been stored, covered, outside for awhile.
It was actually a smooth running machine but I would joke with friends about the name, Jari. It will Jari you all over the place when you run it.:lol:

Thanks for that generous offer! I am certainly interested and do travel to NY on occasion

plastikosmd
04-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Darn, thought they were your toys. I wish I had a job shop that needed such a lathe. What I do does not require cnc though I did just add a cnc mill to my shop

wheelsforheels
04-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Thanks for that generous offer! I am certainly interested and do travel to NY on occasion I'm generally around here at home. Just don't visit this site often. I don't like putting my phone # on the internet though. We would both have to be online at the same time. I'll post my #, then delete it 5 minutes later.

I love to see old things like this come back to life. I originally bought mine for mowing copious amounts of goldenrod on a steep hillside. Very stable machine for off camber applications. Just don't cut all that fast.