PDA

View Full Version : VTX 1800 triples and forks

pervO
03-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know what forks Kasey was using on those VTX triples? they don't look like CR forks. I got KYB when I asked.

pervO
03-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know what forks Kasey was using on those VTX triples? they don't look like CR forks. I got KYB when I asked.

ok so they are aprilia wont be using those. anyone know anything that fits these triples without making bushings 56mm top and bottom.

pervO
03-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Here is what I got so far. 1989 CR250 forks.... I know they aren't the best and they need a rebuild but they were cheap and hopefully they will be better than the small forks that came on my 85 tri z. (that were also bent and blown out) I might give racetech another call after I get this all mocked up and see how much they would charge to change the spring and such. The bottom clamp slid on beautifully the top... not so much. They are a little to big, maybe the VTX1300 top clamp will be smaller? I've emailed a few sellers on eBay to see if they could take some measurements. (I know I'm that guy). They also have an axle that threads into one side, even though its not the same threads as the tri z maybe I can get an axle made somewhere. Here is something people don't do around here.. the measurements are 55mm on the upper 57mm on the lower with a length of 36 3/8 from axle to top.

Matt85'350x
03-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Here is what I got so far. 1989 CR250 forks.... I know they aren't the best and they need a rebuild but they were cheap and hopefully they will be better than the small forks that came on my 85 tri z. (that were also bent and blown out) I might give racetech another call after I get this all mocked up and see how much they would charge to change the spring and such. The bottom clamp slid on beautifully the top... not so much. They are a little to big, maybe the VTX1300 top clamp will be smaller? I've emailed a few sellers on eBay to see if they could take some measurements. (I know I'm that guy). They also have an axle that threads into one side, even though its not the same threads as the tri z maybe I can get an axle made somewhere. Here is something people don't do around here.. the measurements are 55mm on the upper 57mm on the lower with a length of 36 3/8 from axle to top.
Very nice and thanks for the measurements

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

pervO
03-28-2017, 10:41 AM
Running into problems, mainly with just the width of the vtx triples they are only 10 1/4 center to center. The Honda hub that Kasey has on my first post is real tight, you will have to take the studs off the hub and make an adaptor for the bigger dirt bike rotor. (I was thinking of cutting down a stock Honda ATC rotor to use as the adaptor since it had the correct bolt pattern to fit the hub, or maybe just using it as a template to transfer over to aluminum). More to come when I can buy my own Honda hub (currently borrowing from a buddy for measurements). If anyone has one for cheap let me know.