PDA

View Full Version : 85 250SX Parking Brake

Herboso
03-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Question: The left brake lever on my SX is in perfect condition except it is missing the little doohickey that you rotate to lock the brake on for parking. Where the heck do I find that part? I have been able to find new levers for sale on the web but they don't include the little attached lever. Can't seem to find it. Considered trying to manufacture the part. Any suggestions that don't involve hauling a chock block wherever I go?

lincolnolli
03-19-2017, 07:14 PM
I have seen the very same system on many quads.My wifes chepo 100cc korea quad has the same,f.e.
Look around there,you might find something.
Olli

wonderboy
03-19-2017, 08:31 PM
All the parts you need are still available from Honda. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the on-line OEM parts websites, but there are dozens of them. I use this particular one because they are local to me, and I can order on-line for internet prices, but then pick up locally to avoid shipping. Do a google search and you'll find lots of sites (they pretty much all use the same catalog system with the same diagrams).

This is just an example:
http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hon/506baa90f870023420a212bc/switch-handle-lever-cable

Look at parts 28, 29, 30, and 35 should set you up nicely. Minty fresh!

Herboso
03-19-2017, 10:49 PM
All the parts you need are still available from Honda. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the on-line OEM parts websites, but there are dozens of them. I use this particular one because they are local to me, and I can order on-line for internet prices, but then pick up locally to avoid shipping. Do a google search and you'll find lots of sites (they pretty much all use the same catalog system with the same diagrams).

This is just an example:
http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/oemparts/a/hon/506baa90f870023420a212bc/switch-handle-lever-cable

Look at parts 28, 29, 30, and 35 should set you up nicely. Minty fresh!

Thanks for the info. Part has been ordered.