PDA

View Full Version : Going from 3 wheels to 4

compaqkoci
02-07-2004, 12:06 AM
hey i never rode a quad before always my 3-wheelers. is it alot diffrent in leanibng and riding than a 3 wheeler? :-P

Honda125m1984
02-07-2004, 12:35 AM
just take all the skills needed to ride a 3-wheeler and throw them out the door. then u will be a kick arse atv guy....... j/k

ATC's and ATV's are pratically the same to me except you dont lean as much on a quad

Jugernaut
02-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Big difference....It will take some getting used to.When you ride a quad for a while and then get back on the trike,you'll feel the difference.

ATC crazy
02-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Big difference....It will take some getting used to.When you ride a quad for a while and then get back on the trike,you'll feel the difference.

Yup, I agree. Very different feeling between the two...

tecatecrazy
02-07-2004, 12:15 PM
dont sweat it... quads are very easy to ride compared to trikes, almost effortless by comparison. its getting back on the trike that requires some skill. :-D

compaqkoci
02-07-2004, 02:13 PM
thanks guys. i was thinkin bout getting a quad but i got me a 250r instead :-D lol i kinda like riding the pioneering things. love going to the dune and have everyone point and grin at me i love it :-P

CHAINSAW
02-07-2004, 04:34 PM
I like watching people who have never rode 3 wheelers before.. they go to turn and... oops.. that one back tire goes up in the air, leg hits the ground from instinct and being off balance, and whoops.. over the trike goes..

Bumb
02-07-2004, 04:53 PM
There is a diffrence in how u sit and look when u ride. They handle diffrent. But it dont take too long to get used to them. I would reccomend sitting on them first and driving them around trailprotrailpro u get one.

Billy Golightly
02-07-2004, 06:03 PM
the differences between the two are best explained as:

On a quad you spend more time on the seat in the sitting neutral posistion.

On a trike you spend more time off of it, standing up, and hanging off each side to control the balance.

Domingo
02-10-2004, 12:11 AM

yea...the big difference being the top speed and power that you can only get on a trike.... ;)

TimSr
02-10-2004, 11:31 AM
I dont think theres any difference in how I ride them. Only difference is to me is the 4 wheeler will cover a lot more of your mistakes, while the trike will dump you on your can. The other difference is in selecting what line to take when trail riding.
Going from trike to quad shouldnt even make you blink. Other way around isnt so easy.