PDA

View Full Version : Airfoolers.com gone

Bobbyevo
03-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Anyone no what's happened to airfoolers forum it usually goes off every now and then but only for a couple of days it's been off for weeks now

Ghostv2
03-28-2017, 12:00 PM
That's been the problem for years now. I was never a member and now that I have an air fooler it'd be nice to have a dedicated forum to my bike but it's not worth it. It's not reliable. I don't know why it's always been that way. But for the last 3 years+ it's just gone downhill until now it's nonexistent.

I enjoy being here at 3ww, so here I'll stay. I'd love to be able to go back and learn from what's posted on that forum but it is what it is. I'm curious to see if anyone knows the scoop.

Bobbyevo
03-28-2017, 12:22 PM
It normally goes off for the server fees people usually donate and get it back on but nothing was said
And it is a good forum plenty of info for the air cooled 250rs shame really hope it's back on soon

big specht
03-28-2017, 05:48 PM
There is alot of info that will be lost if it don't come back up. It's a pain to try and follow builds on bookface

C.J
03-29-2017, 08:12 AM
It'll be back up. Saul has never let it disappear before, has he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostv2
03-29-2017, 12:25 PM
I'd be more than willing to join if it was a stable forum. You aren't going to keep members returning and contributing if it's down constantly. If money's the problem pay out of pocket for a couple months and hold some fundraisers, raffles, etc until it's back up on its feet. Sell stickers, something.

If it happens to come back online someone keep us updated. I'll at least join to view the content.

atc300r
04-03-2017, 12:43 PM
All I can say is 241570

Rob Canadian
04-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Sad thing is. If it goes too long site will be dormant. Then it is lost into cyberspace...

knipfeldustin
04-04-2017, 11:33 PM
There was a post on the facebook page for airfoolers that said the guy needed $100 in donation for server fees to get it up and running again about a month or so ago.

Ghostv2
04-05-2017, 12:43 AM
If $100 is make or break for this site I think it needs to be turned over to someone else. I don't mean to sound rude and I was never a member so I don't know what that place is like but it seems it might be worth more than $100/month to some people. To most people here that's just like another cell phone bill, car insurance, cigarettes, whatever. The point is, we generally spend more than that on ONE luxury alone a month. And with a website that has a following and steady flow there is more than enough opportunities to make enough money to support itself and eventually turn a profit. Some requiring zero effort.

That being said,
I would also like to thank 3ww for being an ad free experience.

OZQUAD44
04-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Would it be possible to conduct a merger of sorts, and have airfoolers.com embedded as a section within 3WW?

Airfoolers has some great stuff in there, and it would be good to retain those years of knowledge in a place regularly frequented by trike enthusiasts, and avoid the risk of it going down the tubes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atc300r
04-05-2017, 10:03 AM
I would like to see it back up and running. I have put up a lot of info on that site.

barnett468
04-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Would it be possible to conduct a merger of sorts, and have airfoolers.com embedded as a section within 3WW?

From what I have read on this site, I don't ever see that happening . It seems that the owner of this site dislikes saul a lot more than he dislikes me :lol: but I have no idea why. :wondering

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

Bobbyevo
04-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Well this is looking like a sh1te situation and sounds like it will end up lost in cyberspace if anyone finds out anything else let us no
Thanks

sledcrazyinCT
04-05-2017, 08:32 PM
It will come back from 404 file not found have faith as this does happen quite often

big specht
04-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Just what does it cause to run a web site with server costs?

Rob Canadian
04-05-2017, 08:59 PM
Just what does it cause to run a web site with server costs?

Well. I helped out on a forum years ago from the start as an old one went defunct and never came back. Simple cost was about $25.00 US per month. Not sure what the exchange rate was at the time... site owner had to upgrade this and that as it got more traffic. Got to the point where is was around the $100.00 per month. Just like Airfoolers.

In my case the site owner sold off to a Autoguide group. Full of ADS which payed the bills.. I left and never looked back. PROPS to a AD free forum here!!!!

I

350for350
04-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Barnett, maybe you and Saul both ride Tecates and that's why he hates you guys.

OZQUAD44
04-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Possibly, when the Tecate's first came on the scene they certainly "foiled" the air foolers party....[emoji23]

Sorry just a dad joke...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ol Deuce
12-18-2017, 06:02 PM
I really think Saul is really upsidedown .............Lot of great was lost ! Damnit !! Ol Deuce

big specht
12-18-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm with you on that bookface ruined that site! I'm looking for some hop up info that I know was on that site

Ghostv2
12-18-2017, 10:27 PM
I'm with you on that bookface ruined that site! I'm looking for some hop up info that I know was on that site

Can’t say you didn’t see that coming for like the last 4 years lol...

So how did 3WW survive the great Facebook war without losing too many casualties? [emoji848] Or is this just another conspiracy?

bkm
12-19-2017, 12:38 AM
Can’t say you didn’t see that coming for like the last 4 years lol...

So how did 3WW survive the great Facebook war without losing too many casualties? [emoji848] Or is this just another conspiracy?3ww had the numbers and trikefest to survive, even with the goofy probation process here. Not to mention this is a site for every trike, foolers was kinda one dimensional.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ghostv2
12-19-2017, 01:25 AM
I never had the privilege of exploring that site, which would be helpful now that i own a fooler. Every time i tired to go on it there were nothing but problems. Plus i didn’t feel like getting into another trike forum when i was just beginning to get established on this one. Plus it was like everyone who got banned from one site migrated to the other.

bkm
12-19-2017, 01:50 PM
I never had the privilege of exploring that site, which would be helpful now that i own a fooler. Every time i tired to go on it there were nothing but problems. Plus i didn’t feel like getting into another trike forum when i was just beginning to get established on this one. Plus it was like everyone who got banned from one site migrated to the other.Were you on 3wheeler.org? That was exactly what you just described. Guys would get banned here and go over there. Now it lives on as a Facebook page.

big specht
12-19-2017, 09:03 PM
What 3ww.org is gone too?

bkm
12-19-2017, 09:07 PM
What 3ww.org is gone too?I think the home page still comes up, but it gone.

big specht
12-19-2017, 10:26 PM
DAME Bookface screwed a lot of stuff up!! You cant follow SH*T on there or find build threads like you could on the forms. There was a lot of good info that was lost for good when those forms when down cause some of that stuff was posted buy people that has since passed on..

bkm
12-20-2017, 02:13 AM
DAME Bookface screwed a lot of stuff up!! You cant follow SH*T on there or find build threads like you could on the forms. There was a lot of good info that was lost for good when those forms when down cause some of that stuff was posted buy people that has since passed on..Facefawk and trolls ruined the forums. The mods here and at most places just got fed up dealing with idiots. On Facefawk, you can pick and choose who you want to interact with, but on forums, it's open to pretty much any idiot with nothing better to do but to screw with people.

Loudmouth know it all's begin to wear down all contributing members, they get sick of the bs, and move on. Mods try to squash the BS and they are fought tooth and nail by a few members who have bought into the trolls anti establishment rhetoric and then it becomes mob rule.

Let's face it though. How much more can be done to these bikes that guys can't already research in here? How many times can a 250r build be interesting? How many young guys can afford this sport? Hoarders and just plain ole attrition have given trikes a second impending doom. No one can afford to mess with any of the sport bikes anymore and this is why the only forums you really see get any action are open type forums where politics and bias comes into play.

Forums unfortunately have run their course unless something new comes along that the masses want to learn about. The only reason this one has kept going is because Billy still keeps the lights turned on.

One thing that will be interesting is that when the forums fully collapse and all this info is lost, do they start back up agian? Just like trikes, will they have a resurrection?

I started a thread on here a while back asking if Facebook was killing the forums and a lot of guys who are now solely on Facebook laughed at me. Lol

Ghostv2
12-20-2017, 04:28 AM
BKM, i have to agree with a lot of those statements, coming from a younger guy who joined 3ww towards the end of its climax. I do believe this is still around thanks to billy just keeping the lights on, and i appreciate that a lot. But that’s also the reason why those other forums don’t even exist anymore, they didn’t have someone like billy and a few other select guys who care enough to keep it going. I don’t believe it’s all to blame on Facebook, but it sure made it easy to just walk away. There’s something here that keeps us coming back. Even if there’s a mob of old timers waving their sticks around every time someone causes a ruckus.

What really wanted to make me reply is the comment how younger guys can’t afford to get into the sport. And i believe that 100%. Im there. How much is a decent rider condition liquid 250r worth now, $3,000 for a GOOD deal? Right? You can buy a house in my town for $10,000. And Im talking 3 bedroom and the works. The only way i stayed into trikes is because i had my dad’s and if i wanted to go riding with my friends on their brand new big bad quads i had to take my dad’s 20 year old 85 200s hardtail. It was kinda embarrassing but i also felt cool when all the older guys would give you the nod. Then i learned to appreciate and work on these things. Grew to a passion. Saved up money when i was 18 and the only way i ever got to experience other model ATC’s was trading trike for trike (not my dads, ever). I couldn’t afford to have what i wanted. I didn’t get my first 250r until last year...and even then it’s only a 2nd gen because i can’t afford a liquid R. I now have a small fleet to choose what i ride that day, but by no means is it impressive compared to most people here. The collectors are ruining prices while the riders are the ones out there putting in the hard work doing reproductions, putting on events, getting seat time in. I don’t wanna imagine what a 350x will cost by time i can afford one. I’m 24 years old. I have yet to ride a 85/86 250r/350x. But by no means am I a noob to the sport. A lot of guys from here have seen me at Trikefest, races, group rides. I own half a dozen trikes. I only ever bought one quad in my whole life and traded it for a 200x two weeks later. Trikes are my passion, but i can’t afford to be in the sport and at all the races like i want to. It’s an older mans game. It sucks.

To all the young bucks out there getting into it, sick to the hardtail. You’ll have just as much fun and you’ll never have to worry about not being able to afford the trike or the parts.

Forums have their place now serving as a place to document information, Facebook is for sharing it.

atc300r
12-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Roy you ,me and Useless were the top three posters on af.com.Its a shame all the info,pics and tech info we all put in .All gone.Saul never said anything the last time .
I really think Saul is really upsidedown .............Lot of great was lost ! Damnit !! Ol Deuce

83ATC185
01-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Ahhh trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro way she goes, boys....the atv scene has changed so much in my neck of the woods. It's not just the trike scene that's faded away but the whole way of riding has changed, with the whole side by side boom. I cant remember the last time i saw a group of quads and bikes headed for a day in the woods, or even a lone person out on a bike or quad. Used to be every weekend you'd see people out on the dirt roads and trails. Now they all just load up their overpriced trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro child of a jeep and a railjob and go to an atv park.

Cold and all alone, I kick my trike and ride into the night.

I'll be here as long as its here.

DAM shop
01-05-2018, 03:36 PM
I'm with ya brother,
There is nothing more enjoyable to us than going for a short flat out speed trial down a gravel road or a wheelie romp on a modded 90 in the yard. The best is when we can find a local property to ride on and just explore. Seems like to me that so many are obsessed with running circle tracks and that's all fine and dandy if ya have a track or dune in your backyard. This year I found a tree farm that the guy will let us ride on and a past customers cabin property in the woods by a river, thats all we need.
Heck at our age 3-4 hrs of riding and you're feeling it for the next few days..