PDA

View Full Version : 2017 3WW Stanley Cup Challenge

El Camexican
04-03-2017, 06:11 AM
It's a little early, but I have a few spare moments, so I thought I'd get this up. There are still a couple spots yet to be clinched, but you may want to start scouring the stats if you haven’t paying attention during the season.

Rules have changed just a bit, see below. I’ll get the ladders up as soon as all the pairings are set by the league.

HOW TO PLAY:
As always anyone can play. Gather points by picking winners in an epic internal struggle between your head and your heart. It helps to not have a team in the mix, so you can remove your heart from the equation and make educated wild guesses. Don’t worry if you haven’t kept up with hockey this season, or even if you don’t know anything about hockey, because the only thing that’s certain in these games is that anything can and will happen before the Cup is awarded.

POINTS SYSTEM:
As with previous years I will post a list of pairings for each round. Participants will copy paste and post the list as well as type in a winner and how many of the scheduled 7 games they feel it will take for their pick to get to 4 wins, but this year to lessen the chance of a tie there are additional points for those who wish to pick Conference winners and a Cup winner at the onset of the playoffs for 5 extra points of each correct Conference pick and 10 for the Cup winner to be added to your totals at the end of the playoffs. Serious bragging rights are up for grabs on these advance picks!

- Pick your Conference winners (5 points each) and Cup winner (10 points) for up to 20 points
- The first round awards 1 point for picking a winner and 1 point for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the first round is 16
- The second round awards 2 points for picking a winner and 2 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16
- The third round awards 4 points for picking a winner and 4 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the third round is 16
- The final awards 8 points for picking the winner and 8 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16

Good luck!

bkm
04-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Since we don't know who will exactly be playing who, I'm going to call the Western Conference Champs Chicago and Eastern Conference Champs Washington. Chicago will win the Cup unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

86T3
04-03-2017, 09:15 AM
I agree with your finals pick and winner. I'd love to see ovechkin hoist that cup though. One again no team in the mix so I'll be free to play along.

Aulbaugh
04-03-2017, 10:47 AM
I'm in! I went to a Dallas Stars game couple months back against the Blackhawks and felt outnumbered by their fans. I'm not a Patrick Kane fan! You just can't beat the Lord Stanley Cup, it's a great time!

keister
04-03-2017, 12:32 PM
...... I'd love to see ovechkin hoist that cup though........
It's waaay to early to start this crap already.

As defending champ, I do feel obligated to defend my title, but I'm not ready for this yet.

The Flyers were officially eliminated the other day, so that's always fun.
My beloved Pirates open today in Boston, and March madness ran into April.
Tonight is the national championship game of the urban tree hockey tournament.
I'll put my swami hat on after we get past these events.

Good luck to all....... well, all except NBFJoe.

Mr. Clean
04-03-2017, 01:51 PM
<IN> I always look forward to this challenge.

El Camexican
04-04-2017, 12:15 AM
I'm in! I went to a Dallas Stars game couple months back against the Blackhawks and felt outnumbered by their fans. I'm not a Patrick Kane fan! You just can't beat the Lord Stanley Cup, it's a great time!

Cool! Now if we could just get Hublake an a few others to step up we'd have a nice big group. I keep saying I'm going to fly up to Dallas for a Jets game with my daughter one day, I really need to do it before she gets much older.

hublake
04-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Cool! Now if we could just get Hublake an a few others to step up we'd have a nice big group. I keep saying I'm going to fly up to Dallas for a Jets game with my daughter one day, I really need to do it before she gets much older.

Well I guess I might as well chirp in. MY Red Wings are now unfortunately out of the playoffs. I didn't follow them as close this year because, basically they weren't very good.

As far as anybody else that is in the playoffs, I will be rooting for the Maple Leafs. After they stole Babcock from the Wings, they have seemed to turn it around and I have friends that live in London, Ontario that are big Maple Leaf fans, so I will give them my support.

Go Leafs

86T3
04-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Hublake, as much as I hate the penguins it doesn't compare to what I feel for the Leafs. Babcock is a flaming pile of shite for what he did to the sabre's 2 years ago. I almost barfed when they won the draft lottery. Their drunken idiot fans invade out barn anytime they play here and start fights. If they never won a playoff series again I would die a happy man.

Anyways, that does suck that your playoff streak ended, it was a hell of a run. I hope the rebuild is quick and painless for you guys.

hublake
04-04-2017, 12:58 PM
All good things must end. They were lucky to get in the last couple of years. Will start a new streak next year. I go way back as a fan of the Red Wings. I can remember listening to them on radio in the days before TV and FM radio. I live about 250 miles north of Detroit and on a good night we could get them on our AM radio. Station WJR That was the early 50s. Those were the days of Howe, Abel, Lindsay, Sawchuk, Red Kelly, and so on.

El Camexican
04-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Here are the pairings for the 2017 march to Lord Stanley Cup. Good luck gentlemen.

East
Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers
Washington Capitals VS Boston Bruins
Ottawa Senators VS Toronto Maple Leafs
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets

West
Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators
Anaheim Ducks VS Calgary Flames
Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks

El Camexican
04-09-2017, 04:35 PM
My first round picks:

Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers – Canadians in 6
Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Caps in 4
Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – Senators in 6
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets – Pens in 6
***Eastern Conference Champs – Pittsburgh

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Hawks in 5
Anaheim Ducks VS Calgary Flames – Ducks in 6
Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues – Wild in 7
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – Oilers in 7
***Western Conference Champs – Chicago

***Stanley Cup Champs – Chicago Black Hawks

86T3
04-10-2017, 10:06 AM
You have the match ups wrong, the bruins are playing the sens and the caps playing the Leafs.

El Camexican
04-10-2017, 11:07 AM
You have the match ups wrong, the bruins are playing the sens and the caps playing the Leafs.

F*$% me! I swear I triple checked that. Let's start again, thanks.

86T3
04-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers – Canadians in 5
Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Caps in 5
Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – bruins in 6
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets – Jackets in 6
***Eastern Conference Champs – Caps!!!

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Hawks in 6
Anaheim Ducks VS Calgary Flames – Ducks in 7
Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues – Blues in 5
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – sharks in 5

Cup winner - Your Washington Capitals

Disclaimer: I haven't followed hockey much at all this year, i don't have high hopes for my picks

bkm
04-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers – Rangers in 6
Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Leafs in 7
Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – Bruins in 5
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets – Jackets in 6
Jackets Eastern Champs

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Hawks in 6
Anaheim Ducks VS Calgary Flames – Flames in 7
Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues – Blues in 7
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – Oilers in 6
Blues western Champs

Blues End a 50 year drought and Win the Cup!

I figure I'm always a glass half empty guy when it comes to the Blues, so what harm could it do seeing it half full this time around.

El Camexican
04-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Blues End a 50 year drought and Win the Cup!

I figure I'm always a glass half empty guy when it comes to the Blues, so what harm could it do seeing it half full this time around.

There must have been Everclear in the missing half of that glass!!! Good luck to you and your Blues :beer

Mr. Clean
04-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Caps in 7
Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – Bruins in 6
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets – Penguins in 6

Penguins win the conference

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Predators in 7
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – Sharks in 6

Sharks with the conference

Sharks win the Lord Stanley's Cup and then drinketh from the cup

bkm
04-10-2017, 12:37 PM
There must have been Everclear in the missing half of that glass!!! Good luck to you and your Blues :beer
One way or another, when it comes to Blues Hockey, there are mass quantities of alcohol involved. Mostly just sulking in my sorrows.

86T3
04-10-2017, 01:42 PM
F*$% me! I swear I triple checked that. Let's start again, thanks.

If the Maple Queefs won their last game I believe that's how the match ups would have been

keister
04-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers – Habs in 5
Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Caps in 6
Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – Senators in 7

Capitals win the conference

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Blackhawks in 5
Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues – Wild in 6
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – Sharks in 7

Chicago wins the conference

Final prediction: Capitals win the cup (in 6), and I stab myself in the pancreas with a newly sharpened skate.

El Camexican
04-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers – Habs in 5
Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Caps in 6
Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – Senators in 7

Capitals win the conference

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Blackhawks in 5
Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues – Wild in 6
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – Sharks in 7

Final prediction: Capitals win the cup (in 6), and I stab myself in the pancreas with a newly sharpened skate.

Betting against his very own beloved Stanley Cup champions for a few mesly points? Wow! Dude, you are one cold hearted sonofagun. :lol:

El Camexican
04-10-2017, 06:12 PM
If the Maple Queefs won their last game I believe that's how the match ups would have been

That really has me scratching my head. I had trouble finding a ladder and I swear to God the one I did find had Toronto playing the senators. Makes me wonder what else I screwed up today LOL

hublake
04-11-2017, 09:35 AM
A shot in the dark.

Canadiens over Rangers in 6
Senators over the Bruins in 7
Capitals over the Leafs in 5
Penguins over Columbus in 7

Blackhawks over Nashville in 5
Minnesota over St.Louis in 6
Ducks over Flames in 7
Oilers over Sharks in 7

Stanley Cup

Blackhawks over Capitals in 7

bkm
04-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Looks like 86T3, Mr. Clean, and myself are the only ones who are picking the Blues against the Wild. You two might want to rethink your picks. I'm not know as a guy who makes picks based on logic and reasoning.

Aulbaugh
04-11-2017, 12:02 PM
The NHL Playoffs are the best! Good Luck to All!

East
Montreal Canadians VS New York Rangers-Rangers in 6 games
Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs-Capitals in 5 games
Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins -Boston in 6 games
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets-Penguins in 6 games

Eastern Conference Champs- Penguins

West
Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators- Hawks in 6 games
Anaheim Ducks VS Calgary Flames- Mighty Ducks in 5 games
Minnesota Wild VS St. Louis Blues- Wild in 7 games
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks -Oilers in 7 games

Western Conference Champs- Hawks

Stanley Cup Champs-Penguins

keister
04-11-2017, 12:32 PM
Betting against his very own beloved Stanley Cup champions for a few mesly points? Wow! Dude, you are one cold hearted sonofagun. :lol:

It's just my way of sandbagging. This way I can pick the Pens through all the rounds and I still have already hedged my bet.

Here's the deal though -- Sid and Gino grab all the headlines, but the Pens have two top centers. There is only one Letang, and with him out I can't see them repeating.
Add in the fact that I'm note even convinced that Malkin is healthy at all right now to begin the playoffs.

If this contest were for anything other than bragging rights I wouldn't be sharing all this intel.

El Camexican
04-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Looks like 86T3, Mr. Clean, and myself are the only ones who are picking the Blues against the Wild. You two might want to rethink your picks. I'm not know as a guy who makes picks based on logic and reasoning.

I believe the Blues won 3 of 5 against the Wild, but I think the Wild's style of play (at least the games I saw) is going to give the Blues fits when played back to back. They also have a better all time W/L against the Blues, if that means anything:rolleyes:

I'd like to cheer for your team, but I really need the points.

Aulbaugh
04-11-2017, 03:55 PM
It's just my way of sandbagging. This way I can pick the Pens through all the rounds and I still have already hedged my bet.

Here's the deal though -- Sid and Gino grab all the headlines, but the Pens have two top centers. There is only one Letang, and with him out I can't see them repeating.
Add in the fact that I'm note even convinced that Malkin is healthy at all right now to begin the playoffs.

If this contest were for anything other than bragging rights I wouldn't be sharing all this intel.

thanks for the info but honestly everything you shared one could easily look up and read for themselves. nothing worthy of intel. now if you had inside information that would be different.

bkm
04-11-2017, 03:57 PM
I believe the Blues won 3 of 5 against the Wild, but I think the Wild's style of play (at least the games I saw) is going to give the Blues fits when played back to back. They also have a better all time W/L against the Blues, if that means anything:rolleyes:

I'd like to cheer for your team, but I really need the points.
The Blues were truly two different teams this year pre and post Hitch. I like the addition of Sabotka, but we need Statsny back in a big way. It will ultimately come down to the guys between the pipes and the space between their ears. If Allen plays like he did the last month, they just might sweep the Wild, but if he let's in a few early cupcakes, it's all over but the drinking.

El Camexican
04-11-2017, 10:18 PM
The Blues were truly two different teams this year pre and post Hitch. I like the addition of Sabotka, but we need Statsny back in a big way. It will ultimately come down to the guys between the pipes and the space between their ears. If Allen plays like he did the last month, they just might sweep the Wild, but if he let's in a few early cupcakes, it's all over but the drinking.

The last game I watched Allan play he was relieved of his duties partway through the game against a pretty crappy opposition.

In the words of Joda: Confidence in him this does not inspire.

El Camexican
04-11-2017, 10:20 PM
thanks for the info but honestly everything you shared one could easily look up and read for themselves. nothing worthy of intel. now if you had inside information that would be different.

He's last years winner. Take notes!

bkm
04-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Honestly, anyone who doesn't make their picks based off emotions and hatred is losing out. Nothing better than watching a team like the Blackhawks, Red Wings, LA, Vancouver, and Minnesota, get their teeth kicked in. So when you bet against them based off nothing but pure hatred, it makes it that much sweeter. And when your pick doesn't go your way, your hatred just runs that much deeper.

El Camexican
04-12-2017, 08:53 AM
LMFAO! Such is the case when you have skin in the game. While I'm blessed with having no horse in the race to cloud my judgment I'd still rather see the Jets play and loose to someone I bet against.

Looks like Maurice and Cheveldayoff still have a bromance going on, so next year may look a lot like this one for the Jets :(

Aulbaugh
04-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Honestly, anyone who doesn't make their picks based off emotions and hatred is losing out. Nothing better than watching a team like the Blackhawks, Red Wings, LA, Vancouver, and Minnesota, get their teeth kicked in. So when you bet against them based off nothing but pure hatred, it makes it that much sweeter. And when your pick doesn't go your way, your hatred just runs that much deeper.

Very well said bkm! I wish my team was it so I could have more on the line.

He's last years winner. Take notes!

Notes haha. I never took notes!

bkm
04-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Elmexico sniffed out my hatred without me even having to admit it. I was happy to hear the NHL wasn't sending players to the Olympics and tried to play it off as wanting to see the kids play, when in all reality it's impossible to have to root for Patrick Kane on the US team. My Hawk hatred runs that deep.

keister
04-12-2017, 01:03 PM

But I didn't have to look it up!

I could print out a fake press pass and scout some practices, I guess. In fact, I could ride there on my 3-wheeler. "How," you might ask? Well, you didn't, but I'll tell you anyway.

I used to live off of Rowan Road. The woods that I once rode (circa. 2006) has been cut down and turned into Dick's Sporting Goods, Marriot, Sears.......
... and finally The UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex (Pens practice facility).

If you follow this due north, you will find a housing plan called Fox Run, and from there you can see where all of our precious riding is now ashphalt, concrete, and bare earth awaiting more urban sprawl.https://www.google.com/maps/place/UPMC+Lemieux+Sports+Complex/@40.688849,-80.0935675,847m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8834880449a779c7:0x66bd8 1278fefb20d!8m2!3d40.6876959!4d-80.0943338

Puck drops at 7:05 folks! Good luck!!

Aulbaugh
04-12-2017, 02:19 PM
But I didn't have to look it up!

I could print out a fake press pass and scout some practices, I guess. In fact, I could ride there on my 3-wheeler. "How," you might ask? Well, you didn't, but I'll tell you anyway.

I used to live off of Rowan Road. The woods that I once rode (circa. 2006) has been cut down and turned into Dick's Sporting Goods, Marriot, Sears.......
... and finally The UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex (Pens practice facility).

If you follow this due north, you will find a housing plan called Fox Run, and from there you can see where all of our precious riding is now ashphalt, concrete, and bare earth awaiting more urban sprawl.https://www.google.com/maps/place/UPMC+Lemieux+Sports+Complex/@40.688849,-80.0935675,847m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8834880449a779c7:0x66bd8 1278fefb20d!8m2!3d40.6876959!4d-80.0943338

Puck drops at 7:05 folks! Good luck!!

I'm not saying you did look it up, I was saying that what information you shared could take a google search for the information provided. awesome location to live! Do they let the public in to watch the practices? Sucks to hear stuff getting turned into concrete. Does PA have alot of places to ride?

side note: Stars picked Hitchcock back up. I knew they would and I am not sure it was their best move.

El Camexican
04-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Washington Capitals VS Toronto Maple Leafs – Caps in 7
Ottawa Senators VS Boston Bruins – Bruins in 6
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Columbus Blue Jackets – Penguins in 6

Penguins win the conference

Chicago Black Hawks VS Nashville Predators – Predators in 7
Edmonton Oilers VS San Jose Sharks – Sharks in 6

Sharks with the conference

Sharks win the Lord Stanley's Cup and then drinketh from the cup

Good start!

keister
04-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Do they let the public in to watch the practices?

Yep, most are free and open to the public. That may change now that the playoffs are here, though.

Does PA have alot of places to ride?

Less and less everyday. I have since moved about 10 miles further out from the city -- so I am back out in the farmland again with more trails. Sometimes I sort of feel like a displaced critter, getting pushed further and further out as they cut down the rainforest.

El Camexican
04-14-2017, 05:01 AM
in case any of you hadn't noticed, all eight of Mr. cleans picks won their first game. I think that's a first as far as our little gentlmens competition goes. Hopefully he bought a Powerball ticket this week as well.

Aulbaugh
04-14-2017, 10:53 AM
in case any of you hadn't noticed, all eight of Mr. cleans picks won their first game. I think that's a first as far as our little gentlmens competition goes. Hopefully he bought a Powerball ticket this week as well.

Nice! Great first 2 days of the Stanley Cup Playoffs! Lets go Nashville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keister
04-21-2017, 03:12 PM
***Stanley Cup Champs – Chicago Black Hawks

Jackets Eastern Champs

Blackhawks over Capitals in 7

Western Conference Champs- Hawks

Errrrr.... maybe some of us should just stick to 3 wheelers?

In other news, Letang who??

bkm
04-21-2017, 04:04 PM

Look at this guy using logic and critical thinking to base his picks off of. Ain't nobody got time for dat!

El Camexican
04-21-2017, 05:51 PM

Don't feel bad, a lot of highly overpaid "experts" had the Hawks in the finals. Aside from the "Bird" teams the first round has been surprise.

Aulbaugh
04-21-2017, 10:53 PM

I've never been more happy to be wrong! This has been fun having this gentleman's game going, adds some extra fun to the games!

bkm
04-22-2017, 09:21 PM

Hmmm, look who looks like the smartest three guys in the room.

86T3
04-23-2017, 11:32 PM
I guess that makes up for my hawls and blue jacket picks. Lol

El Camexican
04-23-2017, 11:55 PM
Ok ladies, here are the results after the first round. Feel free to check my math, I've been known to mess up before.

Please get your next rounds ready and post em up before the next puck drop. Good luck!

86T3 - 4
BKM - 5
El Camexican - 6
Hondaatcs - 6
Hublake - 7
Keister - 5
Mr. Clean - 7

El Camexican
04-24-2017, 12:01 AM
Here are my wild guesses

Nashville in 6 (sorry bkm, I swear if the Blues win this round I'll pick them the rest of the way)
Ducks in 6
Sens in 7
Pens in 6

86T3
04-24-2017, 03:01 AM
Nashville in 5
Oilers in 6
Senators in 6
CAPITOLS in 7

bkm
04-24-2017, 04:05 AM
Blues in 6
Ducks in 6
Rangers in 7
Capitals in 5

keister
04-24-2017, 10:53 AM
Capitals in 7
Rangers in 7
Ducks in 7
Nashville in 6 (sorry bkm, I swear if the Blues win this round I'll pick them in the western finals)

hublake
04-24-2017, 11:05 AM
I will go out on a limb and pick the following:

Nashville
Oilers
Senators
Capitals

Got to have a couple of Canadian teams in there.

bkm
04-24-2017, 12:39 PM
Capitals in 7
Rangers in 7
Ducks in 7
Nashville in 6 (sorry bkm, I swear if the Blues win this round I'll pick them in the western finals)
That's alright, I like the underdog status. All the talking heads don't give them a chance so I like a team who has no pressure to win.

Aulbaugh
04-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Penguins in 7
Rangers in 6
Ducks in 6
Blues in 7

hublake
04-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Am I going to be the only one to stick my neck out and pick a Canadian team.

Opps I see 86t3 is also picking the Canadian teams.

Mr. Clean
04-27-2017, 01:28 AM
Blues in 7
Ducks in 7
Rangers in 7
Pens in 7

Sorry I am late, did not look at tonight's results before making my pics.

I expect I will be given a five minute major for unsportsmanlike conduct for being late, penal box here I come.

El Camexican
04-27-2017, 06:34 AM
After review the initial call of failure to report has been overturned. We have good picks.

86T3
04-29-2017, 08:08 AM
I caught my first playoff game this year last night, i forget every year how good playoff hockey is. I imagine HIM was as excited as I was to see that gorgeous, late 3rd period goal.

El Camexican
04-29-2017, 08:32 AM
I caught my first playoff game this year last night, i forget every year how good playoff hockey is. I imagine HIM was as excited as I was to see that gorgeous, late 3rd period goal.

You owe it to yourself to watch at least one of the Pittsburgh vs Washington games. That may very well be the best series of the playoffs.

El Camexican
04-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Am I going to be the only one to stick my neck out and pick a Canadian team.

Opps I see 86t3 is also picking the Canadian teams.

I've got the Sens, but I'm wishing I'd picked the Oilers too. That team has really pulled it together for the show.

Mr. Clean
04-29-2017, 06:20 PM
The rangers senators game has been great to watch, late tying goal by Ottawa. Constant action!!! Love playoff hockey!!!!

hublake
04-29-2017, 07:11 PM
Senators in 2nd OT win. Gotta love the Canadian teams

86T3
04-29-2017, 10:23 PM
You owe it to yourself to watch at least one of the Pittsburgh vs Washington games. That may very well be the best series of the playoffs.

Im watching it right and it sure seem like a DUD

bkm
04-29-2017, 11:28 PM
HIM was very excited!

86T3
04-29-2017, 11:49 PM
HIM was very excited!

Lmao! The was supposed to be BKM, friggin autocorrect!

El Camexican
04-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Im watching it right and it sure seem like a DUD

Boy is my face red :confused:

IDKWTF happened, that was time we'll never get back. Game one was totally different. Looks like once again the mighty #8 and the rest of the Crapitalls will be out early.

El Camexican
04-29-2017, 11:56 PM
Senators in 2nd OT win. Gotta love the Canadian teams

Given the amount of Americans and Europeans on the Jets I can't get to canadianie about hockey anymore.

86T3
05-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Think the caps will pull it off tonight? Im hopeful but after seeing them choke for years I won't believe it till the clock is all zeros.

bkm
05-10-2017, 11:03 AM
I shouldn't be allowed to make hockey picks any longer.

keister
05-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Western Finals: Nashville in 6
Eastern Finals: Pittsburgh in 7

Aulbaugh
05-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Think the caps will pull it off tonight? Im hopeful but after seeing them choke for years I won't believe it till the clock is all zeros.

They got some momentum! Nothing is better than a game 7 in the playoffs, 2 in 1 night is even better!

El Camexican
05-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Western Finals: Nashville in 6.
Eastern Finals: Washington in 7

Calling the caps already? I think Sid and the boys may have something to say about that.

keister
05-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Can I still pick Edmonton?

El Camexican
05-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Can I still pick Edmonton?

My mom used to say "you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose", but she never mentioned Edmonton, so I guess it's OK.

El Camexican
05-11-2017, 01:43 AM
I will go out on a limb and pick the following:

Nashville
Oilers
Senators
Capitals

Got to have a couple of Canadian teams in there.

You didn't pick games to win!??

hublake
05-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Must have been a memory problem, age is creeping in.!!! Am I out of the competion?

keister
05-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Ok, for real this time:

bkm
05-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Ducks in 6
Pens in 6

hublake
05-11-2017, 10:34 AM
I will try to get it right this time.

Nashville in 7
Ottawa in 7

El Camexican
05-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Must have been a memory problem, age is creeping in.!!! Am I out of the competion?

I wish I had noticed this earlier. I think the fair thing to do here is give you points for the teams that you selected properly, but no points based on any scores. So if you had two teams correct that would be 4 points. If you feel that this is unfair I would recommend that you get in touch with Tom Brady's lawyer.

I will get everybody's status posted up as soon as possible.

Mr. Clean
05-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Pens in 7
Ducks in 7

Aulbaugh
05-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Predators in 5
Penguins in 6

86T3
05-11-2017, 11:26 PM
I hate the penguin and im thinking that I have it better as a fan of the shitty sabres for the last 10 years as opposed to a fan of the capitals. I'll go with the Penguins in 5 and Ducks in 7.

El Camexican
05-12-2017, 12:34 AM
I'm going with the Pens in 5 and the Preds in 6

El Camexican
05-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Here is where we stand today. Let me know if you notice any fuzzy math.

86T3 - 4+6
BKM - 5+2
El Camexican - 6+10
Hondaatcs - 6+6
Hublake - 7+4*
Keister - 5+8
Mr. Clean - 7+8

El Camexican
05-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Getting down to the wire boy's. I'm traveling the rest of the week, but will try to get the points up after the game if possible. Go Pens!!!:Bounce

Aulbaugh
05-25-2017, 11:54 PM
Ok, for real this time:

On the money!

El Camexican
05-26-2017, 12:14 AM
On the money!

Yea, but he didn't pick his own Pens to take the Conference, something about hedging a bet? :)

86T3 - 4+6+4+ Conference picks – 0 TOTAL = 14
BKM - 5+2+4 Conference picks 0 – TOTAL = 11
El Camexican - 6+10+12+ Conference picks 5 – TOTAL = 33
Hondaatcs - 6+6+8+ Conference picks 5 – TOTAL = 25 (You're the only person who picked the Pens to win the Cup, possible 10 extra points if they do)
Hublake - 7+4*+4+ Conference picks 0 – TOTAL = 15
Keister - 5+8+16+ Conference picks 0 – TOTAL = 29
Mr. Clean - 7+8+8 Conference picks 5 – TOTAL = 28

I'll take the Pens in (edit) 6 for the Cup

bkm
05-26-2017, 12:26 AM
Pens in 6

I can't bear to see another team that came in the league with or after the Blues win a cup before them, like Carolina, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Dallas, LA, Colorado, Edmonton, Anaheim, Calgary, New York Isles, and Philly. Fawk that's a depressing list! Go Crosby, even though I've just put the bkm death touch on him.

Aulbaugh
05-26-2017, 12:45 AM
Penguins in 7 here too. Nashville is looking nasty though and has me concerned.

hublake
05-26-2017, 06:31 AM
Nashville in 7

86T3
05-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Nashville in 6. They have a really good fan base down there, they had 20,000 people watching outside. Can't root against that. And as always, F the Penguins

keister
05-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Yea, but he didn't pick his own Pens to take the Conference, something about hedging a bet? :)

Something about not jinxing my team. It worked too, I've positioned myself with a chance to win going into the finals. I knew (or strongly believed) that the winner of the Washington/Pittsburgh series was going all the way.

......... And as always, F the Penguins

And these are the exact same words he greeted me wiith when I pulled into TrikeFest last year. BEFORE I even had my truck parked!! And you wonder why New Yorkers have a reputation for being rude.

Penguins in 6 for the win and I'll be 'grinning like a butcher's dog.'

86T3
05-26-2017, 11:48 PM
Lmao, i don't even remember that. I'll probably say it again this year though.

Hey BKM, this commercial popped up, i thought you'd like it.

https://youtu.be/BC1ElUAI9dA

El Camexican
05-27-2017, 01:20 AM
Well lads, I've come to the sad realization that if the Pens win in 7 Hondaatc beats me and if they win in 6 Keister wins and Hondaatc is runner up. The only way I can win this is to change my pick to Pens in 6 and hope they can harm PK at some point, so there it is, Pens in 6.

Feel free to adjust your picks up to the puck drop on Monday.

bkm
05-27-2017, 01:50 AM
Lmao, i don't even remember that. I'll probably say it again this year though.

Hey BKM, this commercial popped up, i thought you'd like it.

https://youtu.be/BC1ElUAI9dA
Suck it Trebek!

Mr. Clean
05-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Pre-dators in 7......I would like a drink from lord Stanley's cup.

El Camexican
05-27-2017, 02:22 PM
I would like a drink from lord Stanley's cup.

Me too, but the closest I'll likely get is Captain Morgans bottle.

Aulbaugh
06-11-2017, 10:12 PM
The Cup is in the house!

El Camexican
06-11-2017, 10:17 PM
The Cup is in the house!

It is! And you better hope it doesn't get handed out tonight or yours truly becomes the winner of this little Gentlemans bet we have going here. If it carries over I believe it comes down to you and Mr. clean. I hope this one goes to overtime before the pens win it!

Aulbaugh
06-11-2017, 10:54 PM
It is! And you better hope it doesn't get handed out tonight or yours truly becomes the winner of this little Gentlemans bet we have going here. If it carries over I believe it comes down to you and Mr. clean. I hope this one goes to overtime before the pens win it!

I know it! I'm hoping for 7! What a game 6. 1:35 left in the 3rd and they score!

Aulbaugh
06-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Pens Win!!!!

El Camexican
06-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Yea baby!!!! Digging the Preds fans, I love seeing this sport grow in the US.

86T3
06-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately in 20 years no one will remember the refs giving this one away.

El Camexican
06-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately in 20 years no one will remember the refs giving this one away.

What did I miss?

I'm heading up to Canada in a few weeks, if I run into Sid I'll get you an autograph:)

86T3
06-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Autograph his forehead with your #*@k

hublake
06-12-2017, 07:04 AM
What was the reason that Nashville's goal was called off? I didn't have my hearing aids in and didn't hear the reason. Nashville got screwed on the call.

Aulbaugh
06-12-2017, 09:00 AM
What was the reason that Nashville's goal was called off? I didn't have my hearing aids in and didn't hear the reason. Nashville got screwed on the call.

The ref was in a horrible position and blew and early whistle cause he couldn't see the puck.

http://www.businessinsider.com/predators-goal-waived-off-game-6-whistle-2017-6

El Camexican
06-12-2017, 09:01 AM

Early whistle. I missed it too. Stuff happens, Some teams win the Cup, some get good draft picks.

Aulbaugh
06-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Thank you El Cameixcan for hosting up the game and Everyone that played the game. This was fun and looking forward to next year.

bkm
06-12-2017, 09:37 AM
It was sweet karma. The Preds lived by the Refs, and died by the Refs. Eff Em!

The funniest quote I heard for the series was some said instead of Preds fans throwing catfish on the ice, how about they throw a goaltender out there. Lol

Btw, how the hell did I pick the winning team, and games?

hublake
06-12-2017, 03:23 PM
I pick the Red Wings next year.

El Camexican
06-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Ok boys, here's how it ended...

1) El Camexican - 6+10+12+16 Conference picks 5 – TOTAL = 49
2) Keister - 5+8+16+16 Conference picks 0 – TOTAL = 45
3) Hondaatcs - 6+6+8+8 Conference picks 5 + Cup pick 10 – TOTAL = 43
4) Mr. Clean - 7+8+8+0 Conference picks 5 – TOTAL = 28
5) BKM - 5+2+4+16 Conference picks 0 – TOTAL = 24
6) Hublake - 7+4*+4+0 Conference picks 0 – TOTAL = 15
7) 86T3 - 4+6+4+0 Conference picks – 0 TOTAL = 14

I graciously accept my second title and have designed a new Star to commemorate my humble greatness.

With the addition or our new players I think it is fitting that we create a Rookie of the Year award and give it to Hondaatc for his most impressive first year showing.

Hope to see you all next season! :beer

keister
06-13-2017, 12:27 PM
I'll take second place and a parade tomorrow at 11:30.
I'd like to congratulate ElCamexican on his victory.
I'd also like to wish Fleury the best of luck as he begins a new chapter as goal tender for the Las Vegas Golden Nuggets.
And the picture for NBFJoe one last time, just because it never gets old.

86T3
06-13-2017, 04:54 PM
I love that picture. The man who should have hoisted the 2016 Conn Smythe. F the Penguins. We got your mastermind, next we'll probably take your assistant.

keister
06-15-2017, 12:30 PM
I love that picture. The man who should have hoisted the 2016 Conn Smythe. F the Penguins. We got your mastermind, next we'll probably take your assistant.

Even though all parties are denying it, I think Rick Tocchet is one of the leading candidates for the head job in Buffalo. You see what I did there??

El Camexican
06-15-2017, 06:23 PM
They could have done worse. He was loved in WPG.

bkm
06-15-2017, 06:40 PM
They could have done worse. He was loved in WPG.

He had that Nashville D moving the puck very well. I'll remember him as the guy Stl traded to Cal Gary for AL MacInnis. I see Drouin went to the Hab's today also.

El Camexican
06-15-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm waiting for the Vegas draft. That could end up being an interesting team and a perfect excuse for yours truly to fly in for a game or two. The hard part is going to be explaining to the wife why the game went into 3 day overtime and why I don't recall who won.

keister
06-16-2017, 12:43 PM
The last thing I need is another excuse to go to Vegas. Might be a pretty sweet pre-game for Invasion though.