PDA

View Full Version : New member from Tucson, Az with a 225DX

Jrobbins
04-09-2017, 12:46 AM
First I want to say this site is awesome. I've been lurking on here for awhile now, and finally joined. Now I just picked up an 84 yamaha 225DX I hooked up a known good battery and had absolutely no power to the switch at all. I also tried the pull starter and nothing. I'm not new to working on my own stuff but I am new to three wheelers. I pulled the plastics, rack and tank and the harness seems pretty intact.Any advice? Should I assume the keyed ignition switch is bad since the pull starter didn't work. Thank you in advance,
Jake

Ghostv2
04-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Without being there it's hard to tell. Start by checking if you have spark first. Then work backwards tracing everything to find the issue.

You're pullstarter might not be letting it fire because of a carb issue or a spark issue. Your electric start might not work because of a bad solenoid. It could be anything, but without any of us being there we can't isolate the problem. Figure out what's the problem and then we can help you from there.

Jrobbins
04-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Awesome I'll dig into it and post what I find. Thank you

350for350
04-09-2017, 08:54 PM
The YTM225's are nice trikes. I enjoy mine every time I ride it. Well except for the time that the main jet fell out on me. That wasn't fun.

Jrobbins
04-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Well I got it running. I pulled the switch and tied the red and brown wire together and she fired right up.