PDA

View Full Version : 1984 ATC 110 Spark Arrestor?

a_jstockman
04-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Ive just recently purchased an '84 ATC 110. The stock exhuast was full of holes and just isnt going to cut it. Most of the off-road places near me dont allow 3-wheelers, BUT, im still considering a spark arrestor regardless. I tried searching for companies who make exhaust with spark arrestors, and i cant seem to find any. I also looked to see if anyone has mad their own or had any ideas on how to implement one into an aftermarket exhaust. Im sort of new to the whole "off-road" aspect of things and not 100% sure on what most places require. If anybody has experience or knows anything about how to help out i would appreciate the feed back. Thanks for the help!!

Shawn Powell
04-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Go to Home Depot or equivalent and buy a stainless steel sink strainer. About 5$. You can you tube home made spark arresttor. That's where I got the idea. Works great. Basically you can take apart your aftermarket muffler and I shoved mine in between the end cap and muffler body. Anywhere where is wont fall out works. Passes the forest ranger test every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a_jstockman
04-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Sweet! I'll have to see what I can do. I'll keep you guys updated with what I come up with. Thanks for the advice Shawn, greatly appreciated!

Shawn Powell
04-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Here's a pic of what I used. Just bust that outer ring off and you can form it to anything you need. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170412/2d41848dea9a58aea683d198eb61bbc9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk