PDA

View Full Version : Atc questions

Ridered4081
04-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Hey guys so im an avid atv rider. Been riding my whole life but new to atc. Picked up a very good condition 84 200s. Just a few questions. First with no rear suspension what psi should i run in the rear tires. And second is it a good idea to get an extended axle or hub spacers? Thanks guys.

StevenJames670
04-14-2017, 09:54 PM
Looks good! I had 5 psi in my 200s and probably not a good idea for the extended axle but isn't it chain driven ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridered4081
04-14-2017, 09:57 PM
it is chain driven yes, also i just installed mud flaps on the rear plastics. i see holes in the front fender, was there a mudflap there to? im used to four wheels man took it for a spin around the yard and i only fell off twice! not bad!

coolpool
04-15-2017, 10:37 AM
An extended axle and/or spacers would be a waste of time IMHO, that's even if they're available for a utility. You won't be power sliding around corners with this thing; it's a utility machine and should be used as such. As for falling off, ride within your level of experience until you get used to the traits of 3 wheelers. They don't act the same as you're used to. That's the difference between ATV's and ATC's; you actually have to RIDE the ATC, unlike a quad where you just sit there and it compensates for rough terrain. Body language is your friend.

OZQUAD44
04-16-2017, 01:44 PM
I came from trikes, and have always had trikes, but after years of mainly riding quads, I must admit I had become a little complacent

Re axle spacers, if your coming off quads, axle spacers wouldn't hurt. I run a wide axle on my tri z, and spacers on my 250r, and IMO they have made them easier to transition back from a quad to a trike.

Sure your bus is not a race machine, but backing those things in is part of the fun. Spacers wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

350for350
04-16-2017, 07:59 PM
I think that the stock tires called for around 2.2/2.5 psi air pressure. Since you're running stock type tires, it would make your ride a lot smoother than 5. The rear tires are your only rear suspension.