PDA

View Full Version : 82 185s carb problem maybe ?HELP

BamaATCGuy
04-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Hey guys first post on this wonderful page I love it ! I'm a fairly new atc collected always wanted one when I was smaller lol. But I have a problem with my 185s so it's Saturday and Thursday I drive it around and started up great as it always did then I ordered a carberator that came in last night went out to put it on hooked it up as it should be had gas pretty sure it had spark as well so. Got ill at it lol. Put the old carb back on which worked good just didn't run perfect like I wanted (bought a cheap eBay special) LOL then after the old one was hooked up it still did nothing. When you give it gas it's like it's poping (I have to push it off) recoil is messed up) plug did have gas in it took it out cleaned it. Still nothing. Just kinda stumped :(

HondaCT90
04-22-2017, 09:23 PM
It sounds like its Carb related. Did it start making the popping sound when you put the new carb on? If so thats the first place to look for a problem. I just picked up a 185 with the same problem. It also has a aftermarket carb. I know mine is a carb problem. I haven't had time to dig into the carb yet to give more info.

BamaATCGuy
04-22-2017, 10:07 PM
I believe it may be a spark issue kinda odd too loose spark overnight but the carb I had on before ran ok but not perfect and still wouldn't do anything

HondaCT90
04-22-2017, 10:32 PM
Oh you put the old carb back on after having the Issue?
The first thing you should do is put a new pull start on it.

dirtydozn
04-24-2017, 03:59 AM
So it ran before new carb now it won't with new or old carb then I suspect that there is a wire loose somewhere under the tank it has happened to me when doing repairs.and I agree fix pull start hell I have robbed parts from an old lawnmower to make one work. I have used some of those China carbs they work good for the cost the jetting is usually ok unless you have mods so I think it's spark

BamaATCGuy
04-24-2017, 01:06 PM
There was no tank on it haha I had a lawnmower gas tank on it the original tank was junk I have a brand new plastic one coming in. And yes it was running before I put the new carb on..I just don't know what could have happend

350for350
04-24-2017, 09:32 PM
Was the mower tank clean? You could have some crud that worked it's way out of the tank and into the carbs.