PDA

View Full Version : Light bar on an atc 250r

Trooper308
04-22-2017, 09:51 PM
So I read a post on here about a bunch of steps required to wire up a light bar to a bike without a battery. Couldn't you just skip all those steps and wire to the existing headlight wiring using a relay?

The_Steve_Man
04-23-2017, 10:03 AM
The atc 250r puts out ac and light bars need dc. That is why a battery or floating the ground and the use of diodes is needed.

You can use the stock wiring and it may work, for a little while until it burns out. I have tried the headlight plug and when revved up, the light goes out. I have used the taillight plug, and it worked, for a while. Now I just use a small battery in the airbox.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

f76
04-23-2017, 04:37 PM
LED light bars require regulated DC voltage. Liquid R's at least have a regulator (pretty sure anyways, correct me if I'm wrong) so you won't run the risk of sending too much voltage through it. But if it is an air cooled R and you simply hook up a light bar, you will fry it once you rev it up as they do not have a voltage regulator.

Do it right and convert the lighting circuit to dc voltage and use a small battery or large capacitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk