PDA

View Full Version : Bombardier Quest XT 650 suddenly dies

tri-freak
02-07-2004, 10:25 PM
hey guys, wuts up? i decided to go out quadding today with a friend, i wuz on a '03 honda fourtrax 350, and my friend wuz on his dads '03 Bomby Quest XT 650, and we had just gone through a trail and were goin on the side of a field, and his quad just shut off. when it stopped, the speedo still read 20. it had a 3/4 tank of gas. he thought it ran out of gas, but it still had a 3/4 tank. the battery wuz still connected and wuz warm, so not frozen. the winch,lights and electric start all didnt work. its like it just shut off. we got it out with his moms outlander 400, which pulls better than the 650, pulled it up a 45 degree hill in the snow in 2 wheel drive! so i wuz wondering if someone knows how to fix this little problem. its not the battery or gas. so if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot, tony.

YTZ250#1
02-08-2004, 12:01 AM
It sounds electrical to me.You might want to check for any fuses or mabe a bad connection.My polaris had a problem very simalir to that when the lock tab on one of the plugs on the handlebar broke off.When I would turn to the left I would loose power to all the things you listed.I just ran a small zip tie around the wires to hold the plug in and it is all better now.