PDA

View Full Version : 200X rear shock leaking

bandaman
05-18-2017, 04:50 PM
How many have rebuilt their own shock? Is there a member here that does it (Milner?) I've got a really nice original bike and the shock is in great condition, just needs new seals, oil, and a recharge....

Shawn Powell
05-18-2017, 05:15 PM
I've done it. It's not that hard. More time consuming. While you have it apart order a race tech gold valve and spring for it. I'm not offering services just encouraging you if your thinking about doing it yourself. Also race tech will rebuild for 100$( includes fluid and typically seals if there common or plus seals ) and there great people. Also there's some bad blood with Milner and a lot of people here. I have no experience with him but it sounds like he's stole a lot of money and shocks from people here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bandaman
05-18-2017, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the reply... his name came up in a search about rebuilding shocks... but yea, I just ran across some other stuff that wasn't so pleasant... its stinks to be new when there is years of drama to weed through... lol I guess I have to read the entire forum before making any decisions... :(

fieldy
05-18-2017, 11:39 PM
Just looked it up. C&D racing in Indianola, Iowa has a race tech service center.

Shawn Powell
05-18-2017, 11:53 PM
Yeah like I said I have zero exp with Milner but I have had plenty of good conversations with the people accusing him of these things. It's a lot of people and there talking lawsuits. Gotta take that for what it's worth. I don't know your mechanical level but I did mine. Was difficult but now that I've done it once I'll definitely do them again. I have a thread on it. I did my front and rear all race tech but even if you chose to go back to stock the rebuild is the same. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yaegerb
05-19-2017, 12:02 AM
How many have rebuilt their own shock? Is there a member here that does it (Milner?) I've got a really nice original bike and the shock is in great condition, just needs new seals, oil, and a recharge....

Give these two companies a call and see what they will quote you. Good guys, fast turnaround.

http://www.sfracingonline.com/pep/4537027440
http://www.maultechatv.com/home.php

Maxxis10
05-20-2017, 02:33 PM
I had sblt500r (Shawn) rebuild mine. Great job with a fast turnaround.