PDA

View Full Version : 200ES Rear suspension mods ?? Any thing out there

bucket
05-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Just spent an amazing 4 days in the woods banging logging roads high and low on a hunt. Have an absolute blast on my '84 200ES that I restored, modernized its electronics and set up for a dedicated hunting rig.. Some of the roads were pretty rough, and after a good sledding season my back is SORE.

Here she is, in all her glory takes me anywhere and always works, love the HID setup, reverse lights and everything else I rigged on it. But I took a buddies quad down this bumpy stretch of road and honestly it didn't even seem bumpy anymore. I love my trike and am not about to switch for a 4 wheeler, but the thought was on my mind is can I add rear suspension to it ?

I tried lots of searching but maybe my sun addled brain isn't working right, but, anyone done this ? Is it worth it, can good gains be made ?

Thanks in advance

wonderboy
05-22-2017, 10:03 PM
There would be a ton of obstacles to overcome. I'm not aware of any projects where they put a rear suspension on a hard tail Big Red. I know you love your machine, but I think if you ever hopped on a 250ES Big Red, you'd love that one even more (full suspension).

trikelife101
05-22-2017, 10:24 PM
i think someone should attempt to at putting suspension on 200es. i have one to and id love to do it but not really wanting to screw something ill let someone else try it first:D

TrickShot
05-22-2017, 10:40 PM
Has been done before. Unfortunately the photos have been removed, but it came out great. Maybe PM the guy see if he still is around.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/151943-rear-driveshaft-spring-ATC200ES