PDA

View Full Version : What's My Trike Worth?: 1983 YTM 225DX **PICS ATTACHED**

foxracr420
05-26-2017, 12:44 AM
I have a 1983 Yamaha tri moto 225DX that i was curious as to what the value of it could possibly be.

As far as the condition of the bike its been torn down and every part cleaned and "restored" over the past couple weeks. New tires, new rear brake pad, recovered seat, rear carrier bearings, all fluids changed (oil, rear end), carb rebuilt, plug, new battery, new hardware. ONLY thing its missing is front brake lever and cable ( brake hub still functionable). Everything works on it ( E-start, rear brakes, headlight hi.low, tailight, choke, key ignition, kill-switch, suspension etc. Every bearing and bolt is tight on the bike. Starts right up with pull-start or Electric start. idles perfect after warm and is quiet. Doesn't burn any oil, no leaks. Has a real slight clutch slip on initial take off but shifts and holds power through every gear. plastics arent mint and has DR stickers on rear but isn't a DR, no cracks.

Located in Cleveland Ohio area-- What could she be sold for $$$?

Appreciate any input!

Thanks!
-Dylan

foxracr420
05-27-2017, 02:33 AM
*****Bump*****

Tommy Knobby
07-09-2017, 01:35 AM
I saw one sell recently for 1,200, it was blue, don't remember the year....it needed a little work, headlight didn't work, and something else I don't recall what at the moment, but it didn't look as good as this one.

YamaBoss
07-09-2017, 11:58 AM
You could probably get $1000 for it if the person knows nothing about three wheelers. To someone who knows three wheelers id say it'd be hard to get $500. All original ones in good condition run about $1000. Most people here wouldn't want it because of how the restoration was done.

fabiodriven
07-09-2017, 12:10 PM
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.