PDA

View Full Version : Over fueling on a klt 200

green200
05-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Does anyone have a picture of there fuel pump on a 200cc klt I think the one on my 3 wheeler is the wrong one as soon as I connect the wires on my fuel pump it starts back flowing there the carp and on to the ground

green200
05-29-2017, 05:46 PM
The bike is an 83

350for350
05-29-2017, 07:00 PM
I've never seen one, but my guess would be that it's an aftermarket pump, It may be building too much pressure and forcing your needle valve in the carb down and the fuel is then coming out of the overflow. One way to check this is to unhook the fuel line and then sit another gas tank over the trike (even sit it where the seat goes) then run a fuel line from the extra tank down to the carb. This is testing with gravity feed. If gas still comes out of the carb and runs onto the ground, you have a problem at the needle valve in the carb. If it doesn't, then you probably have too much fuel pressure. You could buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and turn down the fuel pressure until gas no longer comes out of the overflow. The one I remember seeing years ago was adjustable from 2 psi to 9 or 10 psi.

ironchop
05-29-2017, 08:00 PM
I thought the original pump was mechanical on that bike and not electric.

I seem to recall Barnett468 posting in a thread about where to get a suitable replacement for the stock unit. I'll see if I can find it.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

ironchop
05-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Found it. Read past the CDI section in this thread and you'll find where he discussed the fuel pump......

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?t=159127

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

350for350
05-30-2017, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure on the KLT200's, but on the KLT250's the first year or two used a vacuum powered fuel pump. After that, they went to an electric pump. The connections in the picture don't look factory and that's why I think that it's an aftermarket one. If it was for an automotive application, it may be putting out too much pressure. IF that's the problem, it could be used if the pressure is reduced.