PDA

View Full Version : New member austin tx.

Ruster
06-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Just built my 1982 ish 250R. It's had everything done, from the .80 over bore to fix the egged "new top end" it came with, to the flat side oko carbs and boyesen reeds. I'm running the Kendra scorpions, and I lucked out on ebay and found a richter privateer silencer to replace the gutted abomination that was on it. Barnett clutch and the all balls racing steering taper kit, o ring chain, moose sprocket, newish transmission gears, new old stock crank, boss bearing crank bearings, 1984 front shocks and triple tree, rebuilt rear and front shocks, progressive front springs... It's a mechanics answer to my friends bugging me to play atv's with them. This site was awesome during the build. Thanks. Oh I forgot I made the double width pegs using the old pegs, man they are more comfy.

350for350
06-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Pretty nice. Iv'e never seen the light blue/white combination before. And yours is an 82. The 81s had a drum rear brake.

Ruster
06-11-2017, 11:40 AM
It's an 82 frame and motor, 84 forks and triple tree, 83 rear axel, I stretched the rear 6", it's the stock rear for the 82. I bought it as a hodgepodge and decided to keep It like it was. This was after ordering the first set of better forks for the 82' and going WAAA#$#@@!. I have a decent set of 82 forks by the way if anyone needs em.243994