PDA

View Full Version : I bought another sx for parts but...

Atc 123
06-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Hello i got this other sx the other day and its in decen shape but the frame was bent up on it but still rode but theres a problem im unsure of there is a whine when you ride it it sounds like the transmission but it sounds like rear end to the trans shifts fine so im leaning more towards rear end anyone have any ideas?

shortline10
06-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Drain the differential fluid and also take a look in the filler cap for damage .

Atc 123
06-14-2017, 04:56 PM
I drained it someone broke the filler cap they pumped it full of grease and siliconed around the threads and made a silicon filler cap it dont look damaged inside but the vent was stopped up idk how long it was ran like that but he said it had been sitting awhile in a barn any ideas?

Atc 123
06-14-2017, 04:59 PM
Forgot to mention it is not burning oil but when you push the throttle down all the way it blows blue smoke but the oil level hasent moved could too much gas cause this?

350for350
06-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Too much fuel would smoke black. If it's old gas, it could smoke with a blueish tint to it.

wonderboy
06-15-2017, 06:32 AM
You mention that it isn't burning oil... I think you need to run it for a while to notice the oil level dropping on the dipstick. I get the impression you just got this and with the bent frame, you've not ridden it for hours, but rather minutes. I don't think minutes is enough time to make that call (based just on oil level in the crankcase).

Blue smoke = oil
Black smoke = fuel (excessively rich)

Atc 123
06-16-2017, 09:41 AM
I havent rode it every day but i have started it and let it run it dosent smoke at idle only when you pushing about 3/4 of the throttle down could be oil but i will keep check on it what about the whineing noise i hear tho maybe some kind of wore bearings?