PDA

View Full Version : Time to play....name this carb.....

jenndnn3
12-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey Folks......I would like to dump my carbs...Lets start the quads are Kasea 65's. A 4 stroke.....63cc. I am under the impression that the carbs themselves are not adjustable.......Ok a long while back before message board change over, I asked a ton of questions about vacuum carbs. These particular ones have the name Kazuma on the carb, but someone at ATV Source told me that that is not what they are. Well I finally able to achieve some picts and would like to look into more about these. My goal. wake these mini quads up. I am unable to identify or find any info on these. Also I have called Sudco and they have never heard of them. In order for me to replace the carbs, I need size and need to have whoever gets my carb jet it for me. To jet from scratch is beyond me. Now I could up the size of the jets themselves but again, if I cannot identify this carb I cannot change or get proper jets. ( I have heard manufactuers run new machines lean). I know alot of you who know me think I am beating a dead horse here, please bear with me. If I could actually wake em up why dump the quads......On a last note I put in some reminders so that I could refresh some people who were talking about these....#1 arrow is the jet needle operated by a balloon ie vacuum....if there is a leak in this cap I have no power. # 2 arrow is the part that actually pushes the gas up(if I remember correctly) Gas goes into the bowl then pours into here, then is sucked or pushed out here...Sorry been long time since I looked at this so this is complete (and terrible) memory. #3 is my actual throttle control..this works with #2. thx Jen

Dirtcrasher
12-06-2002, 07:00 PM
You did a fantastic job with those pics!! Wish I could help you as I to beat a dead horse with my unidentifiable Keihen 250SX carb. Good luck with the OEM as in my case Keihin themselves told me to contact Honda for a carb THEY made!! I guess they couldn't be bothered but if I worked for them that part of my job would be the best!!

TimSr
12-06-2002, 07:58 PM
Wow, what a mess! A few things to keep in mind is that you can only wake up a 65cc 4 stroke so much. The 2 stroke E-Ton 50 with a 70cc kit with eat a stock TRX90 for lunch.

On the factory jetting, they actually tend to run rich. Reason is if its too lean you can melt a piston, but worst case for too rich is fouled plugs, so they try to error on the safest side.

Ive never seen a carb like that, and it sure sounds like you ought to get rid of the whole carb. I wouldnt know the equivilent, but I would suggest trying this place.

http://www.carbparts.com/

A friend of mine contacted them about replacing an E-Ton carb with one with a manual choke and they were very helpful and knowledgeable when he called. I would think they could make a good recommendation based on the input and output diameter of your carb, and knowing what engine it will go on. They have to be jetted on the machine they will run, ("prejetted" is a joke) but they can at least give you a good starting point.

If your goal is strictly to enhance performance, I think you would be a lot better off to sell these to some beginners, and go with one of the many 2 stroke Taiwan models. They are all almost exactly the same other than cosmetics, and there are a billion mods for them.

Dirtcrasher
12-06-2002, 08:45 PM
Tim sr. Thanks for that link. I'm gonna try them for the unidentifiable Keihin carb I bought on this classified board for my 250SX. Keihin told me to ask Honda although they made it?, that really disturbs me!! If you worked there wouldn't you enjoy helping people and doing the research??