PDA

View Full Version : Adding speedo to 85 250sx

AZ Dean
06-24-2017, 07:05 PM
I'd like to add a speedometer to my ATC, mostly so I can easily track hours/miles for maintenance. Has anyone had any luck adding anything like a TrailTech Endurance to their ATC? Trying to think how I'd work out the speedo sensor.

Matt85'350x
06-24-2017, 07:23 PM
A GPS is the easiest thing to add. There are a few examples on here of mounting the unit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shawn Powell
06-24-2017, 10:31 PM
I have a Garmin etrex10 on a RAM mount that u-bolts to your handle bars. Less than 200$ for everything. GPS is water proof shock proof and runs for like 20 plus hours on two AA batteries. I got it all at my local bass pro shop. Works great. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/27f0eb2e7aeacba7e86aff926ca8ea31.png
This is the low end garmin. Some of the better models are programmable and have toppgraphy. So far I have no complaints. You can plug way points , track your path, customize your read out , speed distance elevation etc. oh and you can order separate bases for your other vehicles so you can take it from bike to bike with zero tools.
The issue I see with the trail tech is how you mount it. It comes with a bracket to mount to your handle bar clamps. The atc has a much wider base than say a 400ex. I think the garmin is a better unit anyway. No wiring easy install and you can hold it in your pocket if you go hiking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghostv2
06-25-2017, 12:09 AM
I have a Garmin etrex10 on a RAM mount that u-bolts to your handle bars. Less than 200$ for everything. GPS is water proof shock proof and runs for like 20 plus hours on two AA batteries. I got it all at my local bass pro shop. Works great. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170625/27f0eb2e7aeacba7e86aff926ca8ea31.png
This is the low end garmin. Some of the better models are programmable and have toppgraphy. So far I have no complaints. You can plug way points , track your path, customize your read out , speed distance elevation etc. oh and you can order separate bases for your other vehicles so you can take it from bike to bike with zero tools.
The issue I see with the trail tech is how you mount it. It comes with a bracket to mount to your handle bar clamps. The atc has a much wider base than say a 400ex. I think the garmin is a better unit anyway. No wiring easy install and you can hold it in your pocket if you go hiking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for a low end GPS unit to take hiking that displayed topography and all that good stuff. But I would of never thought of mounting one to my trike and being able to take it on the go. Thanks for the suggestion. I might just go with this someday. Would be cool to be able to share waypoints to meet up with friends. Although I doubt any of my friends would spend the money to get one lol.

AZ Dean
06-26-2017, 02:23 AM
Appreciate the ideas, guys!