PDA

View Full Version : Klt250

gebulso
07-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Just bought a klt250 prairie. The guy had it since he was 10 he said the top end had been rebuilt once. He said it run last year. I got it home and put a new battery in it but it only will start with starting fluid. Vent hose to fuel pump was plugged and I cleaned all hoses and got the electric fuel pump to pump fuel to the carb now it over flows and gas comes out the carb. What do you think is causing this the needle and seat or the float.

barnett468
07-02-2017, 01:03 PM
just take the carb apart and see . it is most likely gummed up anyway if the fuel line was . it is most likely the needle and seat but could also be incorrect float level . you can throw the float in some gas or water and see if it floats . you can also remove the float bowl and leave the fuel line on the carb then push up gently on the float until it stops then turn the pump on for just for a few seconds . if it leaks, the needle is bad or the area just needs cleaning.

put a wad of paper towels inder the carb if you turn the pump on so they can soak up the gas that leaks out.

you will need to make sure all the jets and passages in the carb are clean.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

gebulso
07-02-2017, 01:51 PM
just take the carb apart and see . it is most likely gummed up anyway if the fuel line was . it is most likely the needle and seat but could also be incorrect float level . you can throw the float in some gas or water and see if it floats . you can also remove the float bowl and leave the fuel line on the carb then push up gently on the float until it stops then turn the pump on for just for a few seconds . if it leaks, the needle is bad or the area just needs cleaning.

put a wad of paper towels inder the carb if you turn the pump on so they can soak up the gas that leaks out.

you will need to make sure all the jets and passages in the carb are clean.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

Thank You I probably rebuild the carb. I bought a nos jardine exhaust system off ebay for it will I have to rejet the carb it has a new moose racing air filter in it.

gebulso
07-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Kept tapping on the fuel bowl gas quit overflowing gas was getting to carb but not to engine tapped some more on fuel bowl and it finally started sounds good. Need to take the fuel bowl off and clean everything, but I have a real live running three wheeler that I only paid 300 dollars and got a kawasaki service manual and got three extra wheels with it.