PDA

View Full Version : This hobby is making me broke!

Wickedfinger
02-09-2004, 02:24 AM
I just ordered in $450 worth of parts from Ronnies.com. As with all of my rides, I decided to make the Scrambler stand out from the rest of the crowd by giving it a "customized" different look. I decided to order in some 2002 OEM Scrambler 500 "Black Metalic" front and rear fenders with a full set of 2001 Scrambler 400 decals. It should look great with the red seat and red nose hood. I was going to go with a set of blue fenders but decided black would be much cooler. I will shortly be ordering in some new front tires/rims to replace the tin foil thin .125 rims and original Titan 489's. I havn't really decided yet - but it will either be a set of Holeshot XC's, a set of Razr's, or maybe even a set of Front Pro XGC's. I plan on keeping the almost new budget rear C829 wooley copys for use in the snow - but I want to eventually mount up either some All-Tracks, Spider-Trac's, or Dirt Devils on .190's. Further on down the road, I would like to have my friends at Hi-Flite make me a custom "Desert" series seat in black and red checkers, add either a full GPS unit or maybe just a Trail-Tech spedo/computer, replace the FMF pipe and stinger with a better unit from AAEN, mount up a set of HotSeat nerf bars, a set of Pro-Armor A-Arm guards, a set of Shockwears, and maybe port the jug.

hondatrikesrule22
02-09-2004, 03:44 AM
Don't you hate it when that happens? :D You order some little thing and the ideas come at you in a massive wave. :shock: Its like the list is endless.Anyway I know how you feel ;) .

Wickedfinger
02-09-2004, 07:50 PM
... oh great, now I just found some radiator air scoops from UM performance that I have to spend $90 on now too ........ the list grows.

Dynofox
02-09-2004, 10:19 PM
I'd put razars on all 4 corners, the red letters will look great with your black and red colors. :-D

Wickedfinger
02-10-2004, 11:53 PM
I would normally say yes Fox, but the problem is, where I ride, there tends to be alot of muddy areas and I need a more aggressive tread type .... I've seen countless ATVs stranded and stuck with Holeshots and Razrs are their kissing cousins. Dirt Devils have a red hotpatch on them as well and I've had alot of luck with them in the past on my '86 Z.

Dirtcrasher
03-06-2004, 03:28 PM
It is funny isn't it. I'll spend hundreds on my 19 YO trike but crab about having to buy a new microwave that lasted just as long!

I put a 250R gold rim on my SX front end with 200X suspension and then of course I had to have the matching rear gold rims as well - now I have 3 sets of new tires on aluminum rims.

Something just feels great about having 3 sets of spare rims and tires.

Were all crazy addicts aren't we?

BigGreenMachine
03-07-2004, 06:40 PM
So true, money usually burns a hole in my pocket too. I've got my eye on 3 more tires for this summer. Kenda Gekos and a Front Max on new black aluminum wheels. Maybe a 86 Tecate front fender to match the 86 rear plastic and a green tank cover. Some port work and an aftermarket rear shock would be nice. So many plans on such a megar budget.

Crash104936221
03-07-2004, 09:51 PM
yes my Hobbies do seem to keep me on the edged of the clif money wise
in the process of droping about $650 on another RC truck lol (Twin Force, EVX, CS-80 servo) and i would like ot get another 4 or 6 2400 stick packs but thats another 200 or so for them

Ace Mon
03-08-2004, 01:37 PM
cool stuff is allways expensive . You are also married now Tejas , so get used to being broke ! LOL . Put it this way , you wouldnt be getting the stuff if you didnt have the $ . Now all you have to do is work on replacing the $ . Unfortunatley work is the key word . Ace

Wickedfinger
03-08-2004, 05:19 PM
True Ace, so true.