PDA

View Full Version : '85 200X runs but won't start?

Haggs
07-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Started fine pulling it out of the garage, took it to the trails and it wouldn't start coming off the trailer. Had a buddy give it a tug and it pop started fine and ran great all day, including kickstarting fine when I stalled it. Got a chance to clean the carb yesterday, same thing. Initial kick start nothing, had to be pulled to pop start it. Then ran fantastic. This is new as it has always started great cold, even in the middle of winter never more than 1-3 kicks. Stumped because once it is going, if it shuts off it will kick start, only does it when the engine is cold.

shortline10
07-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Time for a complete service , carburetor, valve adjustment , compression check , visual spark check . These motors can be difficult to start unless every thing is just right .

Haggs
07-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Valves adjusted, carb has been cleaned. Runs fantastic once started, idles fine as well. Now however it is getting hard to kick even when warm? What are the carb settings stock? I adjusted them to where they were when I cleaned it however, I'm not sure that the prior owner didn't have that messed up.

shortline10
07-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Air fuel screw is set at a low idle , turn it in until it starts to run rough and then turn it out until it starts to run rough , find the middle between the two which also should be the best at idle . Usually between 1 and 2 1/2 turns out .