PDA

View Full Version : Air fuel setting help

Grmpy
07-31-2017, 05:44 PM
Help with my trx200 (same as 84 200es shaft) when I first bought the bike it was running okay. Cleaned the carb and jets just because who knows when it was done before. I was a little confused when I found the air fuel screw all the way in. When I got the carb back together to factory specs it would bog on a quick shot of throttle but okay if I slowly pressed it. It also would die after idling down a long hill. Doubled checked all my adjustments and everything was good. I slowly turned the screw in giving it quick shots. It cleared up when the screw was all the way in. Should I be worried running like this? What could cause this? Thanks.

Shawn Powell
07-31-2017, 06:49 PM
Have you ever checked the actual jet? Could be way bigger than factory? Maybe the needle on the pilot screw is broken? I would say that's not normal. Most hondas are 1.5 to 2 turns out for factory settings. I would also say if it runs well and the plug chop looks good , no backfiring at shut or free rev maybe don't sweat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onetrackmind
07-31-2017, 09:22 PM
Yep...I agree with what Shawn said. It sounds like you're jetted too fat.

Shawn Powell
07-31-2017, 09:35 PM
Scary ^^ lol

Grmpy
08-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Have you ever checked the actual jet? Could be way bigger than factory? Maybe the needle on the pilot screw is broken? I would say that's not normal. Most hondas are 1.5 to 2 turns out for factory settings. I would also say if it runs well and the plug chop looks good , no backfiring at shut or free rev maybe don't sweat it.

Thanks, I'm not sure about the jets, they may have been tampered with at some point, I didn't look too closely at them and haven't had enough of these so don't think k would even notice if they were aftermarket. I'll just take it out for a rip and jeep an eye on the spark plug and see what it's telling me.

yaegerb
08-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Try this. Start it up and see how it responds with full choke vs no choke while feathering the throttle. If it runs good with the air screw all the way in that means you were pouring full fuel and no air. Which means you are jetted lean on pilot or your air screw components need replaced.