PDA

View Full Version : Another old 185 rider looking for rear suspension

daburoker
08-27-2017, 03:50 PM
So I've looked everywhere....

I've gone so far as to reach out to several of the old fabricators who used to make the kits- only one replied, and they couldn't help. They were shocked to hear of my request.

I'm not afraid of some fabrication. I don't need a show bike, but instead, a more comfortable to ride machine that is safe.

Does anyone know of a fabricator who can make up even rough kits that need to be finished by the installer?

My old 185s has been with me for a loooooonng time. And it sat in the shed for 20 years due to the harsh ride, but now it's time to restore her to better than ever. If only I'd thought to make templates of the PK kit my Dad had on his 200s....

Anyone? I'll buy a bolt-on, a weld-on, a used but recyclable kit, or even new stuff if anyone has a lead on this.

Thanks in advance for the help. This is a great forum and I'm glad to have found it.

TexFest
08-27-2017, 03:54 PM
get a hold of shortline10, he could probably help you

Jwheeler
08-27-2017, 04:47 PM
Hay hit Shortline up ......................If not I may help .

HarrisoN*
08-28-2017, 01:14 AM
I have a line on a bike with a bolt on kit that im waiting to hear back on, failing that I have a bike with a weld on kit that im contemplating parting out but id imagine shipping would be killer.