PDA

View Full Version : 1984 ATC 200ES, no high range or reverse

anryu451
09-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Just picked up a 1984 ATC 200ES, with title (and an amazingly good condition seat). It fires, idles, and will shift through gears with the lever down below in the middle position (L, according to the side of the case), which definately feels like low range. If I put it all the way forward I can put it into gear (neutral light goes out), but no gears operate. If I put it all the way back into reverse, the reverse light comes on, but as soon as I put it into gear and the neutral light goes out, nothing. Obviously sounds like something in the shift mechanism, but if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears as to where to start looking first, or if this is a common problem.

"No reverse" didnt bring up a whole lot for this model in a forum search.

tripledog
09-19-2017, 12:04 AM
The sub transmission on my 200ES is a bit fussy. Try rocking the machine back and forth after you have made your gear selection while it is running. Others may have better advice. Good luck to you.

anryu451
09-19-2017, 06:12 PM
The sub transmission on my 200ES is a bit fussy. Try rocking the machine back and forth after you have made your gear selection while it is running. Others may have better advice. Good luck to you.

Appriciated, but I tried that, I can push it around like its in neutral in High and Reverse even when the neutral light is out and I can kick it into gear.