PDA

View Full Version : 1980 Honda 110 ATC with chrome frame?

ama409573
09-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Been looking for a 3 wheeler for awhile and lucked into one today. The seller didn't know too much about it so I started researching on the interweb. Could only find an engine number that seems to date it as a 1980 model. I just finished restoring a 1977 Honda monkey bike which had a year and vin number on the steering head. The ATC i bought has chrome forks and frame and no numbers I can find. All the pictures I e found show a painted frame and forks. I'm told it does run but it's seen better days. Before I start this restoration I'm wondering what I've got here? New to this group, hope to get some insight. Want to make it a rider not necessarily a showpiece. Looking for 3 wheeler help, thanks.

Jd110
09-21-2017, 12:49 AM
Welcome to a great forum, bob.
Riders are good. Especially if the costs are minimal. Rode hard and put away wet though, huh? I really like it!

jakep53
09-21-2017, 05:25 AM
thats an aftermarket frame from back in the day take the back plastic off and it will be easier to identify what brand of frame it is

Joseph Farrow
09-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Tank is a 79 110 tank. Rear fenders and motor are also 110. The front fender and wheel hub are definitely newer than a 79. Appears to be a 4 bolt hub on the front and the fender has a brake line guide. Front forks looks like stock chromed to me. As far as the frame it is definitely an aftermarket frame. Hard to tell with out the rear seat and tank off exactly what it is. Motor looks on the stock side. Maybe even a CDI motor. It does have a pipe and what looks like a Mikuni on the stock manifold. Dont see any signs of a big bore and stroke motor.
Great find non the less. Lots of info on here for the 90-110 when it comes to aftermarket and high performance parts. A select few on here have anything and everything you could possibly want to do it right!
Keep us posted with the progress. Good Luck.

Aulbaugh
09-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Nice lil score! Mr.Farrow knows his stuff, his work 90s & 110s are top notch!

HairyJR
09-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the madness. Joseph's description covers everything we can see in your single photo, add to that the early period correct Goodyear Rawhides. More pic's with rear fender and tank removed will show more. Someone built a nice project bike back in the day.

"HJ" 246468 :beer

Jwheeler
09-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Nice score. It look's like I miss one ! :Bounce

Joseph Farrow
09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Nice score. It look's like I miss one ! :Bounce

I was thinking the same thing.