PDA

View Full Version : G'day From Blue Mountains Sydney Australia.

NSWIT250K
09-27-2017, 01:23 AM
Hi there fellas, I've stumbled onto you great forum while looking for info on resleeving a Yamaha IT250K bike. I'm a senior dirt rider having passed 60 but still regularly ride vintage dirt and modern (KTM 2 stroke) and road FZ8 Yam. I've just replaced the gearbox in the IT having lost 3rd gear earlier this year at a vintage weekend(circlip on the main gearbox shaft came out of its groove and caused some damage). Now my issue is the IT is on its last bore and it is really going well which means when I take it out it gets hammered and if it blows I have a problem.......no more bores left. I think somewhere I read the Yam Tri-Z 250 has the same cylinder as the 250K. Anybody have any knowledge of that. Anyone know where I can get a new sleeve other than LA sleeve. Anybody know of parts bike where I might get a good donor barrel.
Thanks for any help...Cheers Bill

350for350
09-27-2017, 09:50 PM
Welcome. I hope you stay around for more than just one question. Most of don't bite. I don't think they're the same cylinder. I believe that the IT's are all air cooled while the Tri-Z is liquid cooled. Have you tried Ebay for parts?

NSWIT250K
09-28-2017, 03:31 AM
Yes Ive been searching for a while, ebay, and other sites we have here in Aus and I am part of a couple a dirt bike forums so I ask around there too. Im not desperate but I could be if something happens so I figure start looking now. I just had a reply from a wrecker who had a 250 barrel but it was for the model before mine that has a diff stroke xbore......bummer it was only .6mm oversize and he wanted $100 AUD. thats about $80US.:cry:
Might buy it anyway as the earlier motor will bolt straight into my frame. With a barrel I'm on my way to an engine :lol:
I'll just keep looking, they are scarce but I'm sure if I persist I find one.
Cheers Bill

350for350
09-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Be sure to let us know how it goes. There is a subforum called bikersville on here. Of course you have to put in your time in order to post.