PDA

View Full Version : Trick to brake cable... 225dx?

giwprez
10-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Just bought a 225dx at an auction... Runs great! But the brake cable have been stretched out and are being replaced. The problem I have is getting the cable out of the handbrake on the handlebars. Does someone have a trick to getting it out of the lever? Or has mine been damaged in someway? I just need some direction on the process.

Thanks in advance!

Branden

f76
10-05-2017, 08:45 PM
All the brake cables I have seen involve a barrel end inside a cutout in the handle with a groove for the cable to slide through allowing the barrel and cable to be removed. This usually involves rotating the barrel end and cable roughly 90 degrees and sliding it out. If it's stuck you have to tap on things with a punch or spray penetrating oil and work it around. If yours is different, post pictures.

giwprez
10-05-2017, 09:36 PM
That sounds like what I have.. it swivels and moves just fine.... I just can't get it to come out of the hole. Since I'm putting a new one in... Maybe I'll just snip the cable to get a better look at everything.

Thanks for the reply, I just didn't want to make a move in something if I was missing something else obvious