PDA

View Full Version : 2017-2018 March Towards Lord Stanley's Cup

bkm
10-06-2017, 12:37 AM
The greatest game on earth is again upon us.

I bleed blue and wear my Blues emotions on my sleeve.

Use this thread to give your favorite team some exposure and talk yourself down off the ledge when they're screwing the pooch.

Lots of smack talk welcome.

Let's Go Blues!

hublake
10-06-2017, 07:40 AM
I will still stick with the Red Wings. They won their first game at the LCA

R-N-D
10-06-2017, 08:11 AM
Blackhawks fan here. 10-1 winners last night. Great way to open the season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

El Camexican
10-06-2017, 09:04 AM
My Jets suffered from catastrofic mechanical failure in Toronto. I've called the FAA and requested an investigation.

keister
10-06-2017, 12:02 PM
Everyone here is western PA is looking for a 3-peat from the flightless birds.
For the first time in over a decade, Fleury won't be in net for them this year.
Tomorrow night should be a good one. It's a rematch of the finals from last year.

I did have this terrible dream last night that Chicago put up double digit goals on my beloved Pens.
When I awoke today from a restless sleep, I was so relieved that it was only a dream.
Yes, I realize that could never happen in real life, yet the dream seemed so vivid and lifelike.

El Camexican
10-06-2017, 01:08 PM
Funny you mention that, I saw a headline today that said Chicago 10 Pittsburgh one and I just assumed it was the Bears against the Steelers

86T3
10-06-2017, 02:03 PM
I was going to take off of work last night to watch the Sabres opener but my wife convinced (wouldn't let) me. We listened to it while working, I'm glad I didn't take off because I would have been livid. Typical buffalo fashion, control most of the game and lose on a crappy equalizer and a shootout. 1 game into the campaign and in about done. I just pray that the Leafs regress, the Pens implode, and the Bruins continue to waddle in mediocrity. I guess that's all I can hope for this year

El Camexican
11-15-2017, 09:48 PM
... 5 weeks later...

And my team doesn't suck anymore. :w00t:

Everyone else happy with their team so far? Joe?

R-N-D
11-15-2017, 09:55 PM
... 5 weeks later...

And my team doesn't suck anymore. :w00t:

Everyone else happy with their team so far? Joe?Ah, NO! Blackhawks are a huge disappointment so far.

El Camexican
11-15-2017, 10:31 PM
Ah, NO! Blackhawks are a huge disappointment so far.

Depends who you ask. I know one guy that's thrilled with them this season.

R-N-D
11-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Depends who you ask. I know one guy that's thrilled with them this season.Yeah, I'm sure that there are plenty of those guys out there. [emoji2]

86T3
11-16-2017, 02:48 AM
Idk what the he'll is wrong with the Sabres. I loved Tim Murray but it seems like 90% of the moves he made came out complete crap. I believe in the new GM and coach but I think they came to the table where a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro sandwich was being served

hublake
11-16-2017, 08:09 AM
The Wings played old time hockey last night. Goals, fights, Mantha had a Gordie Howe hat trick

El Camexican
11-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Jets VS Preds tonight. Been looking forward to this one like a kid does Chtristmas. A win tonight opens the gap between second and third to a comfortable distance and makes first place a possibility. Look out bkm, we might be in your face by the time the GP column evens out.:naughty:

bkm
11-22-2017, 09:46 PM
The first rule of Blues hockey is, we don't talk about Blues hickey.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

El Camexican
11-22-2017, 11:06 PM
The first rule of Blues hockey is, we don't talk about Blues hickey.

Well you better start thinking about changing the rules, because you might end up having to talk about going to a Blues game sometime in mid February;)

bkm
11-22-2017, 11:07 PM
I can make an exception for that.

El Camexican
11-22-2017, 11:11 PM
I can make an exception for that.

Here’s to hoping that you have to :beer

86T3
11-22-2017, 11:59 PM
I saw this online and thought youd enjoy it Bryan

El Camexican
11-23-2017, 01:20 AM
That game happened to be the one showing in Mexico last night. My God it was brutal. Talked to my dad today he enjoyed it almost as much as I did (still on morphine in his system from the hospital) LOL! We’re both Jets fans wanting them to catch St. Louis, but it was worth two points to watch Edmonton take a beating like that!

86T3
12-15-2017, 11:16 PM
Baby steps

https://youtu.be/ZE1eYe4yoy8

El Camexican
12-16-2017, 12:33 AM
I associate the Sabers with you Joe. I’m impressed that you’re still watching this season, got to be tough. Looks like Kane can still score, is he staying out of trouble off the ice?

Jets VS Blues tomorrow AND Sunday. Could be a playoff preview. I’m betting they split the points, but I’ll still be happy if the Jets loose both games if it gets Nashville bumped off the top sport for a while.

86T3
12-16-2017, 01:49 PM
I actually havent watched a game all season, lol. We don't have cable in NY, and don't even have a tv in Florida. I just follow them on the local sports talk website and catch clips when I can. They lost in OT btw. Kane has been the model citizen for the better part of a year, i was just telling BKM about him. He's been a great player since he got here, that's nothing new. I hope they trade him though, i assume it's only a matter of time before he messes up again. The St. Louis 1st round pick sounds good to me.

hublake
12-16-2017, 07:10 PM
It looks like it is going to be a long long long road for my Red Wings to get back in the playoffs.

bkm
12-16-2017, 07:37 PM
It looks like it is going to be a long long long road for my Red Wings to get back in the playoffs.

My hatred for them has subsided since their move to the eastern conference. Looks like 1980's Wings the last couple of years.

bkm
12-16-2017, 07:38 PM
I actually havent watched a game all season, lol. We don't have cable in NY, and don't even have a tv in Florida. I just follow them on the local sports talk website and catch clips when I can. They lost in OT btw. Kane has been the model citizen for the better part of a year, i was just telling BKM about him. He's been a great player since he got here, that's nothing new. I hope they trade him though, i assume it's only a matter of time before he messes up again. The St. Louis 1st round pick sounds good to me.We don't have a 2018 1st round pick. It went to Philly in the Braden Schenn deal, so it would have to a later pick or prospects. That being said, I still don't want him.

hublake
12-17-2017, 07:45 AM
My hatred for them has subsided since their move to the eastern conference. Looks like 1980's Wings the last couple of years.

I don't know how many remember the years when it was referred to the Wings as "Darkness with Harkness", he was a coach and there were pathetic .

El Camexican
12-20-2017, 07:46 PM
I was wondering where Glamy came up with the Nico Suave bowling shorts thing and then I remembered that this is where I used to bowl. It all ties together now (how did he know?)

3 goals in 21 seconds. Not to shabby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Mosienko

86T3
12-20-2017, 11:05 PM
My cousin's children threw them a surprise anniversary party at a 5 pin bowling alley, it was very different for me but I had a blast.

El Camexican
12-20-2017, 11:17 PM
My cousin's children threw them a surprise anniversary party at a 5 pin bowling alley, it was very different for me but I had a blast.

Fun, but I always find my right arm is a couple inches longer than my left after I bowl and my shoulder hurts like hell.

El Camexican
12-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Talk about close, check out the points in the Western Conference as of yesterday evening for the Top 6 teams.

I wonder if Valentino Rossi noticed?

El Camexican
12-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Today’s snow at the Buffalo juniors brought back a lot of childhood memories. Hats off to the Gringo kids. I doubt many of them had ever played in conditions like that before.

keister
02-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Things are looking brighter by the day here in rainy Pittsburgh.
Malkin has found another gear and is averaging about one GOAL per game since the first of the year.
The Pens are on a 10-game home win streak at the moment.

ATCTim and I am heading to the area to catch them against Toronto tomorrow.
The Maple Leafs travel very well and always bring a fun crowd to town.
They are having a very good year, so I expect an excellent matchup.

bkm
02-16-2018, 02:28 PM
As a Blues fan, there's always next year.

hublake
02-16-2018, 03:22 PM
As a Blues fan, there's always next year.

Same for me except me as a Red Wing fan.

bkm
02-16-2018, 03:25 PM
Same for me except me as a Red Wing fan.You guys had your moments in the sun. Forgive me if I don't shed a tear. With all due respect of course. Lol

El Camexican
02-16-2018, 06:55 PM
As a fan of the NHL's 2017/2018 most improved team I feel it is my duty to point that statistic out on behalf of the mighty Jets who are having a historic season while other perennial playoff teams like Chicago, LA, New York and Detroit suck it.

I'm really looking forward to having the pleasure of witnessing them play a revenge match in the Scottrade Center on the 23rd along with a couple of three wheeler enthusiasts who will witness first hand a Jets fan screaming "TRUE NORTH!!!" during the during the Canadian anthem even though he won't sing any of the other words out loud.

El Camexican
02-23-2018, 09:41 PM
Time of my life!

bkm
02-23-2018, 09:54 PM
If it wasn't for good company, I'd be home by now. What an embarrassing period of hockey.

ironchop
02-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Time of my life!

So who are these ladies? They look familiar.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

86T3
04-05-2018, 09:42 AM
I see the Jets are in postseason form, couldn't even score on a 36 year old accountant��������

Aulbaugh
04-05-2018, 10:05 AM
I sure am ready for Wednesday of next week! The Stars fell again this year(Bishop going out didn't help)but maybe next year something will change(something needs to). Playoff Hockey....it doesn't get any better my friends!

hublake
04-05-2018, 10:28 AM
I have the Red Wings. They need some support. I was looking forward to them losing all of their last few games to get a better chance at the number one pick, then last week they won 3 in a row. They don't know what they are doing. Had a 4 to 1 lead on Columbus in the second or third period and lose in OT 5-4 Go Wings.

El Camexican
04-05-2018, 12:28 PM
I see the Jets are in postseason form, couldn't even score on a 36 year old accountant��������

If you go through the NHL record book you’ll find that more times than not the Jets were the “other” team when a record, or other piece of future NHL trivia occurred.

However, they’ll probably punish the Hawks for that fiasco when they play this week.

bkm
04-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Jake Fawking Allen can kiss my arse.

El Camexican
04-06-2018, 11:09 PM
Jake Fawking Allen can kiss my arse.

Pretty Swed night for you eh.

Colorado SUCKS IT, GO BLUES!!!!!

bkm
04-06-2018, 11:13 PM
Pretty Swed night for you eh.

Colorado SUCKS IT, GO BLUES!!!!!Imagine that, Hutton starts and the Blues win. All we have to do is win in regulation or get it to overtime and they're in. It's still not a certainty though so I'm not counting my chickens.

El Camexican
04-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Imagine that, Hutton starts and the Blues win. All we have to do is win in regulation or get it to overtime and they're in. It's still not a certainty though so I'm not counting my chickens.

It will be the best game to watch tomorrow... unless Chicago brings their accountant to Winnipeg.

bkm
04-07-2018, 11:45 PM
Go Jets!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to put the kiss of death on your team Nico!

El Camexican
04-08-2018, 01:13 AM
Thanks, not worried about a curse this year.

Allen and the Ruskie both got hurt, yikes, what a way to go down sucking for air at a mile high. Tough break, but even if they’d won tonight it would have been a hard way to start the playoffs without those guys.

Assuming they both make it to the second round Winnipeg VS Nashville should be worth watching. I hope the altitude in Denver sucks the life out of the Preds and forces 7 games in that series.

bkm
04-08-2018, 02:18 AM
I'm honestly glad it's over. This was the most uninspiring team I can remember in the last 20 years.

El Camexican
04-09-2018, 06:03 PM
It’s that time again. Same rules as last year. Ladders are below. You have till puck drop prior to any series start to make any changes to your picks.

HOW TO PLAY:
As always anyone can play. Gather points by picking winners using the method of your choice. Don’t worry if you haven’t kept up with hockey this season, or even if you don’t know anything about hockey, just make your picks and say your prayers.

POINTS SYSTEM:
As with previous years I will post a list of pairings for each round. Participants will copy paste and post the list as well as type in a winner and how many of the scheduled 7 games they feel it will take for their pick to get to 4 wins, but again this year to lessen the chance of a tie there are additional points for those who wish to pick Conference winners and a Cup winner at the onset of the playoffs for 5 extra points of each correct Conference pick and 10 for the Cup winner to be added to your totals at the end of the playoffs. If you have any doubt as to how critical these advance picks can be, just ask Mr. Keister.

- Pick your Conference winners (5 points each) and Cup winner (10 points) for up to 20 points
- The first round awards 1 point for picking a winner and 1 point for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the first round is 16
- The second round awards 2 points for picking a winner and 2 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16
- The third round awards 4 points for picking a winner and 4 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the third round is 16
- The final awards 8 points for picking the winner and 8 points for picking how many games it took the selected team to win the series. Max points for the second round is 16

Here are the pairings for the 2018 Challenge.

WEST
Central
Predators VS Avalanche
Jets VS Wild
Pacific
Knights VS Kings
Ducks VS Sharks

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals VS Blue Jackets
Penguins VS Flyers
Atlantic
Lightning VS Devils
Bruins VS Leafs

Good luck to all!

bkm
04-09-2018, 06:41 PM
WEST

Central

Predators VS Avalanche: Preds in 5

Jets VS Wild: Jets in 6

Pacific

Knights VS Kings: Kings in 7

Ducks VS Sharks: Ducks in 7

EAST

Metropolitan

Capitals VS Blue Jackets: Caps in 6

Penguins VS Flyers: Pens in 6

Atlantic

Lightning VS Devils: Ning in 5

Bruins VS Leafs: Bears in 7

Western Conference: Preds
Eastern Conference: Ning

Cup Winner: Preds

Aulbaugh
04-09-2018, 07:28 PM
WEST
Central
Predators VS Avalanche - Preds in 4
Jets VS Wild - Jets in 6

Pacific
Knights VS Kings - Knights in 7
Ducks VS Sharks - Mighty Ducks in 7

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals VS Blue Jackets - Blue Jackets in 6
Penguins VS Flyers - Penguins in 7

Atlantic
Lightning VS Devils- Lightning in 5
Bruins VS Leafs- Bruins in 7

Western conference winner: Preds
Eastern conference winner: Penguins
Lord Stanley Cup winner: Preds

hublake
04-09-2018, 07:54 PM
What bracket are the Red Wings in?

El Camexican
04-09-2018, 11:33 PM
What bracket are the Red Wings in?

I don’t know about a bracket, but I heard Helm has a tee time of 10:00 at Larders on the Red.

El Camexican
04-10-2018, 12:15 AM
WEST
Central
Predators VS Avalanche - Preds in 6
Jets VS Wild - Jets in 5
Pacific
Knights VS Kings - Knights in 6
Ducks VS Sharks - Sharks in7

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals VS Blue Jackets - Caps in 5
Penguins VS Flyers - Pens in 6
Atlantic
Lightning VS Devils - Bolts in 6
Bruins VS Leafs - Bruins in 6

West - Jets
East - Bruins
Stanley Cup - Jets

Aulbaugh
04-10-2018, 08:26 AM
I'm taking a chance on the Predators bringing out the broom first round! Maybe they can run it back like last years first round.

keister
04-10-2018, 12:45 PM
WEST
Central
Predators in 6
Jets in 7
Pacific
Knights in 5
Sharks in 7

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals in 6
Penguins in 5
Atlantic
Lightning in 5
Leafs in 7

keister
04-10-2018, 12:52 PM
If I may editorialize a bit.

I like the two interstate rivalries. The all California series should be very competitive and compelling.
As for the all Pennsylvania series. We LOVE remind our friends to the east that few of us were alive last time the Flyers won the cup.

I think the Boston / Toronto will be the best series of the first round. Should be some very fun hockey in that one!

Fleury now has a chocolate statue erected in his honor. How will he perform in these playoffs.
And as always, I hope that caveman lookalike in Washington trips over his own skates and poops his pants.

El Camexican
04-10-2018, 10:49 PM
Less than 24 hours to puck drop, where’s RND, Hublake, Swatland and Mr. C’s picks?

Keister, where are your Confrence and Cup picks?

hublake
04-11-2018, 03:01 AM
I will be sitting this one out. With the Red Wings as bad as they are, I haven't paid much attention to hockey this year. Would like to see Toronto do well and Los Vegas. I hope the Red Wings get back to their winning ways before I cash it in

bkm
04-11-2018, 05:30 AM
I will be sitting this one out. With the Red Wings as bad as they are, I haven't paid much attention to hockey this year. Would like to see Toronto do well and Los Vegas. I hope the Red Wings get back to their winning ways before I cash it inThere is no science to this. I think I know a lot about hockey and usually finish dead last every year.

El Camexican
04-11-2018, 07:31 AM
I will be sitting this one out. With the Red Wings as bad as they are, I haven't paid much attention to hockey this year. Would like to see Toronto do well and Los Vegas. I hope the Red Wings get back to their winning ways before I cash it in

You sound like a Yankees fan. Look at it this way, your old coach is in the playoffs this year. ;)

86T3
04-11-2018, 08:55 AM
WEST
Central
Predators VS Avalanche - Predators 5
Jets VS Wild - Jets 6
Pacific
Knights VS Kings - Kings 7
Ducks VS Sharks - Sharks 6

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals VS Blue Jackets - Capitals 7
Penguins VS Flyers - FLYERS 7 (Has Pit beat the flyers in the playoffs in the last decade?)
Atlantic
Lightning VS Devils - Lightning 5
Bruins VS Leafs - Bruins 6 (F Babcock and the Toronto fans)

Capitals vs Jets in for the cup, Ovechkin raises it after 6

keister
04-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Keister, where are your Confrence and Cup picks?

Oops! I forgot we do that now. I kind of want to pick the winner of the Boston/Toronto series to win it all (nobody 3-peats, right?!). Let's go with.....

WEST
Central
Predators in 6
Jets in 7
Pacific
Knights in 5
Sharks in 7

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals in 6
Penguins in 5
Atlantic
Lightning in 5
Leafs in 7

Finals: Nashville vs Tampa
CUP: Nashville in 7

stoshu
04-11-2018, 10:01 PM
White power

El Camexican
04-11-2018, 10:15 PM
White power

White on! That was awesome to see again!

Aulbaugh
04-12-2018, 10:45 AM
What a start to the playoffs! I see you Sid the Kid you badarse! Jets getting their first playoff win since what was it 85 was cool(did some fans have on white goalie mask) and the knights 1st playoff win! Tonight should be another awesome one.

El Camexican
04-13-2018, 12:29 AM
Great night for hockey. Guess T.O vs Bean town might not be the blockbuster series we were hoping for, but the Avalanche looked good for 40 minutes.

Bob Smith
04-13-2018, 11:13 AM
Don't tell my wife but I kinda like hockey. The violence is pretty cool but she'd be super mad if she knew I've been taking a liking to the game. Violence is not allowed in our house.

El Camexican
04-13-2018, 11:44 AM
Violence is not allowed in our house.

Unless your wife initiates it?

Mr. Clean
04-13-2018, 01:57 PM
WEST
Central
Predators VS Avalanche - Colorado in 7
Jets VS Wild - Wild in 7

Pacific
Ducks VS Sharks - Sharks in 7

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals VS Blue Jackets - Caps in 7
Penguins VS Flyers - Flyers in 7

Atlantic
Bruins VS Leafs- Leafs in 7

Western conference winner: Knights
Eastern conference winner: Ning
Lord Stanley Cup winner: Ning to hoist Lord Stanley's cup and drinketh a victory drink from said cup, all while laughing at the plebs and their petty ability to pick Lord Stanleys winner

Aulbaugh
04-13-2018, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the party Mr.Clean!

El Camexican
04-13-2018, 05:08 PM
WEST
Central
Predators VS Avalanche - Colorado in 7
Jets VS Wild - Wild in 7

Pacific
Ducks VS Sharks - Sharks in 7

EAST
Metropolitan
Capitals VS Blue Jackets - Caps in 7
Penguins VS Flyers - Flyers in 7

Atlantic
Bruins VS Leafs- Leafs in 7

Western conference winner: Knights
Eastern conference winner: Ning
Lord Stanley Cup winner: Ning to hoist Lord Stanley's cup and drinketh a victory drink from said cup, all while laughing at the plebs and their petty ability to pick Lord Stanleys winner

About time!

Aulbaugh
04-14-2018, 01:42 AM
Going into the 2nd OT in the kings vs knights game. This one is going into the a.m to determine the winner.

El Camexican
04-14-2018, 02:23 AM
Going into the 2nd OT in the kings vs knights game. This one is going into the a.m to determine the winner.

That was intense! Nothing like overtime playoff hockey :Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

Aulbaugh
04-14-2018, 02:25 AM
That was intense!

Yes it was! What a game!

El Camexican
04-14-2018, 02:28 AM
Yes it was! What a game!

I wonder if Bob’s wife let him stay up to watch it?

Aulbaugh
04-14-2018, 02:41 AM
I wonder if Bob’s wife let him stay up to watch it?

Lol, I would venture to say it is way past his bed time. Sounds like a strict household.

86T3
04-14-2018, 10:05 AM
I really could wanted LA to win to help my picks out but I still feel pretty good about them. How about Philly's bounce back game? Kinda looks flukey from the shot attempts, but I suppose that's how playoff hockey goes. Hope they can keep it up.

Evander "The Pain" Kane (Evander "the Other" Kane?) with 2 goals in his first playoff game? Good on him. He's built for playoff hockey, glad he got to experience it. Despite all his character flaws.

I'm hoping to clock out of work a little early today and watch the Bruins Toronto game, haven't been able to catch any games yet.

El Camexican
04-14-2018, 10:21 AM
I'm hoping to clock out of work a little early today and watch the Bruins Toronto game, haven't been able to catch any games yet.

You hair models work some crazy hours.

El Camexican
04-14-2018, 07:38 PM
I don’t know what to make of the Preds vs Aves series, anyone else been watching those games? It almost seems they’re going out of their way to avoid easy hits at times. It’s fast and it’s closer than I expected, but compared to the Jets vs Wild it’s lacking emotion.

I hope the Leafs pull a Philly on Boston tonight.

Aulbaugh
04-14-2018, 08:36 PM
I have been watching a bunch. The Preds vs Avalanche to me has been a good one. I like fast paced though:lol:. I agree the Jets vs Wild game has some awesome emotions to it. I like to see teams make it into the playoffs that haven't made it in a while. In game 1 of the Jets vs Wild I was kinda surprised the Wild stuck around like they did.

I hope the Leafs pull a Philly on Boston tonight.

Not looking good so far down 3-0 in the 1st but still lots of hockey to play.

86T3
04-14-2018, 08:41 PM
My wife dropped me off at the bar while she's food shopping (yea, I am a lucky man) and I watch the Bruins put 3 on Toronto in the first 15 minutes. This is terrible, the leads can't even hit. Hopefully someone punches March and while he's licking someone and he bites his tongue off

El Camexican
04-14-2018, 09:17 PM
My wife dropped me off at the bar while she's food shopping (yea, I am a lucky man) and I watch the Bruins put 3 on Toronto in the first 15 minutes. This is terrible, the leads can't even hit. Hopefully someone punches March and while he's licking someone and he bites his tongue off

The Leafs are suffering from terminal Suckasitis. Babcock must be banging his head on the on the dressing room roof right now.

86T3
04-14-2018, 09:25 PM
They know you can hit the people wearing the black and yellow jerseys, right? I hope I'm watching the start of Washington 2.0 right now

86T3
04-14-2018, 09:34 PM
I forgot the best part of the night, I had to look at this horse's ass but luckily the sound was off

Aulbaugh
04-14-2018, 10:32 PM
I forgot the best part of the night, I had to look at this horse's ass but luckily the sound was off

LOL that guy makes me laugh at the end of his performance and his fist pumps he does everyime.

redsox
04-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Don't poke the bear! Thats useful advise in the woods, in hockey, and in the rest areas Swatland! They're solid, with good net minding. I'm hoping they stay hot. The leafs are making them look better than they are, i realize. I really like Nash and McAvoy.

ironchop
04-15-2018, 09:20 AM
I drove up to Indy last night to surprise my Mom for her birthday and my little sister got me to watch the Bruins and Leafs game. She's into hockey now apparently. I haven't watched a match since the 90s.

I was blown away when it was Boston 5-1 and I'm thinking WTF is going on here? Last time I watched hockey that kind of scoring was rare it seemed. Looked like shooting fish in a barrel. Mapes Goalie on vacation.

El Camexican
04-15-2018, 10:47 AM
I drove up to Indy last night to surprise my Mom for her birthday and my little sister got me to watch the Bruins and Leafs game. She's into hockey now apparently. I haven't watched a match since the 90s.

I was blown away when it was Boston 5-1 and I'm thinking WTF is going on here? Last time I watched hockey that kind of scoring was rare it seemed. Looked like shooting fish in a barrel. Mapes Goalie on vacation.

Lot of rule changes in the past few years that are allowing more speed and more goals. The NHL brass would love to see the scores closer to double digits as it keeps the fans exited.

The down side to this faster high scoring version of hockey is that injuries seem to be up, particularly head trauma.

Oh, and Toronto absolutely stunk the joint out last night. That team left their hearts in the locker room last night and that was the backup goalie you saw getting peppered as the #1 guy got pulled in the first period.

PS. You must have a really cool little sister. :cool:

Aulbaugh
04-15-2018, 03:25 PM
I hope the Penguins can get a game on the road. It's looking like its going to be physical from the start.

El Camexican
04-16-2018, 11:44 AM
If a picture is worth a thousand words this is the pictorial summary of last night Jets VS Wild game.

251666 251667

keister
04-16-2018, 12:27 PM
If a picture is worth a thousand words this is the pictorial summary of last night Jets VS Wild game.

You mean fliers, errrr...... Flyers.

Aulbaugh
04-16-2018, 06:40 PM
What about the Blue Jackets getting the first 2 wins on the road! Caps have a hole to dig out of for sure.

redsox
04-16-2018, 07:55 PM
Looks like maybe the Leaf's showed up.

El Camexican
04-16-2018, 08:22 PM
What about the Blue Jackets getting the first 2 wins on the road! Caps have a hole to dig out of for sure.

Teams that depend on Russians to get them to the Stanley Cup usually don't fair well. Fins and Sweds are another story. I love watching the Caps lose :lol:

ironchop
04-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Teams that depend on Russians to get them to the Stanley Cup usually don't fair well. Fins and Sweds are another story. I love watching the Caps lose [emoji38]Democrats beg to differ. Our President depended on Russians to win and guess what happened? [emoji41]

El Camexican
04-17-2018, 12:27 AM
Watching Nashville and Colorado play is pulling on my heart strings. On one hand I'd like the roof to collapse and take both teams out, but on the other hand it occurs to me that there might be a few nice people in the stands that could get hurt.

Aulbaugh
04-17-2018, 01:26 AM
Colorado had the Preds number tonight. Ducks got roasted which sucks for me.

El Camexican
04-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Colorado had the Preds number tonight.

Only for about 50 minutes. I was thinking they might still win it till the empty netter call. After watching that game flip ends I'll be surprised if Colorado wins a second game.

Here's to hoping the Jets bring their A game to the Energy Center tonight.

El Camexican
04-17-2018, 10:40 PM
:) what else can I say?

Aulbaugh
04-18-2018, 01:15 AM
Jets turned that around after that lose! I bet you felt better about that performance. The knights made that series short.

El Camexican
04-18-2018, 03:59 AM
I fell asleep after the second period of the Knights game, but that period was one of the most intense I’ve seen all year. Man those guys were hitting and flying end to end!

Yeah, The Jets made me proud last night, but they’re going to have to turn it up to get through the next series assuming they end this one Friday.

El Camexican
04-22-2018, 08:30 PM
Looks like the Avalanche’s Zamboni will get getting put up on blocks in a few hours.

Missed the Flyers game, did they have an accountant in the net today?

keister
04-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Missed the Flyers game, did they have an accountant in the net today?

No, but they had a bunch of miscreants in the seats as usual. After Guentzel scored his FOURTH goal, they started throwing projectiles on the ice. Mainly aluminum beer bottles, most of which were partially or even completely full. They are such an embarrassment to our fine Commonwealth.
"Hey, the Eagles just won the Super Bowl. Let's flip some cars over, toss bricks through windows and set half the city on fire."
Way to keep in classy Philly!!

El Camexican
04-23-2018, 08:59 PM
I wonder how concerned Bettman is about a possible all Canadian Stanley Cup? That would kill the advertising revenue :lol:

Go Leafs!!!!!!! :Bounce:Bounce:Bounce

Aulbaugh
04-23-2018, 10:10 PM
WTF CBJ! :cry:
Mother Russia with the come back.

Mr. Clean
04-24-2018, 01:55 PM
I wonder how concerned Bettman is about a possible all Canadian Stanley Cup? That would kill the advertising revenue :lol:

Nah, the Ning will make sure that does not happen, and then drinketh from thine cup....

El Camexican
04-25-2018, 06:48 PM
The one and only Game 7 of the first round starts at 6:30pm CST tonight. Savor the flavour eh.

GO LEAFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:Bounce

hublake
04-25-2018, 08:03 PM
The one and only Game 7 of the first round starts at 6:30pm CST tonight. Savor the flavour eh.

GO LEAFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !:Bounce

Seeing that my Red Wings are no where to be found, I will throw my support behind the Leafs. They just went ahead 2-1

El Camexican
04-25-2018, 11:27 PM
Seeing that my Red Wings are no where to be found, I will throw my support behind the Leafs. They just went ahead 2-1

They blew it big time. Oh well, I get 1 point out of it.

Aulbaugh
04-25-2018, 11:40 PM
What about the leafs player taking the puck to the face, poor guy. You know that had to hurt badddd!

I'm still p.o'ed at CBJ for not winning that series.

redsox
04-26-2018, 08:41 AM
The Leafs played a good series. They deserved to win. Its amazing how 5 minutes of good hockey can swing a series. Go Bruins!

El Camexican
04-26-2018, 10:45 AM
After the first round the 3WW standings are as follow:

Camexican – 11 points
bkm – 10 points
Keister – 10 points
Hondatcs – 8 points
86T3 – 7 points
Mr. Clean – 5 points

Please post your selections ASAP as the next round begins tonight :Bounce

WEST
Central
Predators VS Jets
Pacific
Knights VS Sharks

EAST
Metropolitan
Penguins VS Capitals
Atlantic
Lightning VS Bruins

I should probably take a moment to point out that el Camexican (me), last years overall winner and two time 3WW Stanley Cup Challenge Champion was the only one to pick all eight winners in the first round, a feat that I don't believe has ever been achieved on here before. Remember, it ain't braggin' if its true :w00t:

El Camexican
04-26-2018, 10:55 AM
My picks are.....

WEST
Central
Predators VS Jets - Jets in 6
Pacific
Knights VS Sharks - Knights in 7

EAST
Metropolitan
Penguins VS Capitals - Pens in 7
Atlantic
Lightning VS Bruins - Bruins in 6

keister
04-26-2018, 12:42 PM
Remember, it ain't braggin' if its true :w00t:

....... and considering the only prize for this contest is bragging rights......

keister
04-26-2018, 12:45 PM
WEST
Central
Predators VS Jets - Nashville in 6
Pacific
Knights VS Sharks Sharks in 7

EAST
Metropolitan
Penguins VS Capitals Pens in 7
Atlantic
Lightning VS Bruins Lightning in 6

El Camexican
04-26-2018, 12:52 PM
....... and considering the only prize for this contest is bragging rights......

I've been waiting for you to put up a puck signed by Crosby as a prize, but until then I guess we're stuck with bragging rights.

Aulbaugh
04-26-2018, 02:33 PM
WEST
Central
Predators VS Jets- Preds in 7
Pacific
Knights VS Sharks-Knights in 6

EAST
Metropolitan
Penguins VS Capitals-Pens in 6
Atlantic
Lightning VS Bruins-Bruins in 6

86T3
04-26-2018, 02:56 PM
West
Jets in 6
Sharks in 6

East
2018 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals in 6
Lightning in 5

bkm
04-26-2018, 05:51 PM
WEST

Central

Predators VS Jets

Preds in 7, this is my reverse jinx and I'll gladly take the hit on the points.

Pacific

Knights VS Sharks

Sharks in 6

EAST

Metropolitan

Penguins VS Capitals

Caps in 6

Atlantic

Lightning VS Bruins

Ning in 5

bkm
04-26-2018, 05:54 PM
....... and considering the only prize for this contest is bragging rights......It's a prestigious award!

El Camexican
04-26-2018, 06:10 PM
It's a prestigious award!

We probably should pitch in and get a trophy for the winner

keister
04-27-2018, 12:33 PM
We probably should pitch in and get a trophy for the winner

.... or maybe a skate sharpener, or a bag of pucks.....

Much as I wanted to believe, until last night, I really had no hope that Vega$ had what it takes to get past the Sharks.
I really, really, really, REALLY want to see Pens/Knights and a Murray / Fleury finals.

El Camexican
04-27-2018, 01:11 PM
.... or maybe a skate sharpener, or a bag of pucks.....

Much as I wanted to believe, until last night, I really had no hope that Vega$ had what it takes to get past the Sharks.
I really, really, really, REALLY want to see Pens/Knights and a Murray / Fleury finals.

I offered up a commemorative Toros de Monterrey puck the first year, but I won it.

If Vegas wins the Stanley Cup in year one it will be a joke. The whole world will know tha $500,000,000 buys Lord Stanley’s shooter glass.

El Camexican
04-27-2018, 10:43 PM
We had to steal one on the road. Better the first than the last! :Bounce

Aulbaugh
04-27-2018, 11:12 PM
I'm nervous after that game one for my pick. Jets looked good.

El Camexican
04-28-2018, 12:57 AM
I'm nervous after that game one for my pick. Jets looked good.

Really? That surprises me. In my opinion Hellebuyck was the only thing that saved them from a loss tonight.

I thought their timing was terrible and that they turned over the puck due to bad passes a lot more than they normally would, but the Preds can take some credit for being all over them at the Jets blue line. They rang a few off the pipes as well. They may not count, but it's always better to be lucky than good in the net.

I sure hope a lot of what I saw was just opening night jitters for the Jets. I'd be shocked, but thrilled if they could steal another one in that arena unless they start landing passes with more accuracy and clearing the zone cleanly.

Kane got himself a day off, that ain't gonna help the Sharks any. I don't want to see Vegas sweep another series.

Where's Mr. Clean? I let him slip in late last time. May have to penalize him a point or two if he shows up.

Aulbaugh
04-28-2018, 01:37 AM
Getting that first game one on the road is a huge momentum builder. Makes my concern level go up. The Preds looked off tonight from all the other games and the jets had the crowd pretty quite too. I sure hope they bounce back from this one and just put it behind them. First one to four wins.

Vegas sure is fun to watch but I'm with you on them not winning it their first year. They do have a good team with some good players from the expansion draft. I definitely don't want another sweep, means less playoff hockey.

Mr.Clean is running really late to the second round party.

Mr. Clean
04-28-2018, 03:06 PM

Where's Mr. Clean? I let him slip in late last time. May have to penalize him a point or two if he shows up.

I am in Ottawa, hoser. Ning will still hoist the cup, I will get my picks in an take my punishment, like a solid fore check.

El Camexican
04-28-2018, 03:40 PM
I am in Ottawa, hoser. Ning will still hoist the cup, I will get my picks in an take my punishment, like a solid fore check.

Ottawa? Now I feel sorry for you. I was going to give you minus two points for delay of post, but time served will be the call.

El Camexican
04-28-2018, 07:03 PM
Well I'll be darned, looks like I'm the only one who's round two picks all won game one of their respective series even though three of my picks were the away team for game one.

I really hate to brag, but it's getting easier to do by the game. :D

El Camexican
04-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Buffalo wins the draft lottery! Make sure they pick a good one Joe, we want to see you in here next year with skin in the game!

Aulbaugh
04-28-2018, 11:17 PM
OT in the knights vs sharks game! The knights possibly going to 7-0 with a win in OT is pretty impressive.

Aulbaugh
04-29-2018, 12:11 AM
Going to double OT. Let's go Knights!

El Camexican
04-29-2018, 01:53 AM
Did Vegas have a goal called back in the fourth period? I was at a concert and I thought I saw that Vegas had won it, but then it went to a fifth and the Sharks won.

Aulbaugh
04-29-2018, 07:34 AM
Yeah it was called back for goalie interference. I was sure hoping the goal was would stand but the refs made the right call. It was a great game! Who did you go see btw? SPM?:lol:

El Camexican
04-29-2018, 11:55 AM
Yeah it was called back for goalie interference. I was sure hoping the goal was would stand but the refs made the right call. It was a great game! Who did you go see btw? SPM?:lol:

Thanks, got the full story on NHL.com when I woke up.

Every once in a while I make a personal sacrifice to please the Mrs. last night was one of those times. Had the Jets been playing I never would have gone and we’d be fighting right now.

86T3
04-29-2018, 12:19 PM
I was very excited about the draft lottery, I can't believe they won. I went to my local watering hole for dinner after driving up from Florida and had a nice older gentleman talk my ear off. My phone was steady vibrating in my pocket, I knew it was my local friend group text and assumed it was explicitive filled rants of why the Sabres will continue to suck, I was shocked when I was able to break away and check my phone. Might have a slight tinge of a hangover from it as well.

ironchop
04-29-2018, 12:37 PM

Menudo is all grown up now!

[emoji23]

Aulbaugh
04-29-2018, 12:45 PM
Every once in a while I make a personal sacrifice to please the Mrs. last night was one of those times. Had the Jets been playing I never would have gone and we’d be fighting right now.

Happy wife, Happy life!

El Camexican
04-29-2018, 12:50 PM
I was very excited about the draft lottery, I can't believe they won. I went to my local watering hole for dinner after driving up from Florida and had a nice older gentleman talk my ear off. My phone was steady vibrating in my pocket, I knew it was my local friend group text and assumed it was explicitive filled rants of why the Sabres will continue to suck, I was shocked when I was able to break away and check my phone. Might have a slight tinge of a hangover from it as well.

I remember when we got picked for #2 and Laine instead of Mathews a couple years back. Laine did and interview after being labeled #2 and came across as a very cocky punk that thought he should have go to T.O. I remember thinking 'Oh great, another ungrateful sh*t that will want to be traded before he ever puts a Jets jersey on'..... and then I saw him play and give a few more interviews and I realized the kid was everything he thought he was and more and Toronto had put an energy chip on his shoulder when they picked Austin #1. The rest is still in the process of becoming history.

To quote Forest Gump's mama ' The NHL Draft is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"

redsox
04-29-2018, 07:12 PM
looks who's hanging around.....

bkm
05-01-2018, 05:56 AM
Well I'll be darned, looks like I'm the only one who's round two picks all won game one of their respective series even though three of my picks were the away team for game one.

I really hate to brag, but it's getting easier to do by the game. :DI know the feeling for these game two's. Lol

El Camexican
05-02-2018, 08:35 AM
This having skin in the game stuff is stressful.

I was ready shut it off at the end of the first. Glad I didn’t :Bounce

86T3
05-02-2018, 07:36 PM
I'm sure the people following this thread saw it but I'm obliged to ask, did you see that Ovechkin game winner? That was unbelievable. I haven't been able to watch any more games but have been hitting the game recaps on YouTube. The Wilson hits, while not overly deliberate, have put a sour taste in my mouth. I want the caps to win but not by attrition.

El Camexican
05-02-2018, 08:22 PM
I'm sure the people following this thread saw it but I'm obliged to ask, did you see that Ovechkin game winner? That was unbelievable. I haven't been able to watch any more games but have been hitting the game recaps on YouTube. The Wilson hits, while not overly deliberate, have put a sour taste in my mouth. I want the caps to win but not by attrition.

Caps VS Pens games have been on during most of the Jets games, so I haven’t seen any. I’m a little disgusted with the attention that this as well as the Westbcoast games are getting. So far only 2 of the Jets 10 games have been on TV here and the morning headlines on the Yahoo sports news always has their game highlights as the second or third story down even when their game was the only one like this past Friday when Sky Sports of Mexico decided that a replay of a pony jumping show was more interesting than a hockey game between Winny the Poo’s town and Music City.

So f*ck the Russian choke expert, Cindy Crosby, and the Vegas golden showers that have no business being in the playoffs (unless you count all those games they won in their pathetically weak division).

The two best teams in the NHL that both clawed their way through the toughest division with some of the worst travel schedules in the league are playing what should have been the Stanley Cup final and of the NHL brass had their way both teams would step back and let Vegas play the Caps for the Cup so the Knights could win and tour the late night talk shows all summer promoting the next NHL expansion team.

Ok, I’m almost done my rant. They will HAVE to show the good teams on my TV at some point when all the other ones are eliminated.

I guess the other option is for me to join the caravan heading to the States along with Mr. flip-flop and claiming that I live in an oppressed society and need to get my American citizenship so that I can watch good hockey on a TV paid for by mericans that love their Cinderella teams more than the ones that work
Hard.

86T3
05-02-2018, 11:58 PM
There's hockey on the west coast?

keister
05-03-2018, 12:44 PM
The Wilson hits, while not overly deliberate, have put a sour taste in my mouth.

And yet, this was best summarized in a movie over 40 years ago.

"For the sake of the game, they oughta throw him in San Quentin.

He is a criminal element!

The worst goon in hockey today.

Oh, yeah. Real cement-head."

El Camexican
05-03-2018, 06:40 PM
And yet, this was best summarized in a movie over 40 years ago.

"For the sake of the game, they oughta throw him in San Quentin.

He is a criminal element!

The worst goon in hockey today.

Oh, yeah. Real cement-head."

Doug comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rbwo9DxtTI

El Camexican
05-03-2018, 06:44 PM
If the games are going to be played minus the Rule Book I like Winnipeg's chances even more. Change "Donk" to Byfuglian and # 34 to # 33 and you get my point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6E3j8ddS8

bkm
05-04-2018, 07:31 AM
Pittsburgh fans, how soon they forget that they had Matt Cooke on their team at one point.

keister
05-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Pittsburgh fans, how soon they forget that they had Matt Cooke on their team at one point.

We had to. At that point, Crosby was missing entire seasons with head injuries and Kasparaitis was long gone.
But I already know this is an argument I cannot win, so I will concede to the fact that you are correct and Pens fans are a bunch of short sighted jag offs.

Speaking of Kasparaitis, I always thought his name sounds like the clinical term for "fear of ghosts."

Picture a teaser between shows and TBS voiceover announcer:
"Tonight on ghost hunters, you won't believe what the crew discovers in the abandoned warehouse. One of the investigators is forced to leave because of his casperitis. Tune in at 9:00 eastern to find out why."

bkm
05-04-2018, 12:43 PM
We had to. At that point, Crosby was missing entire seasons with head injuries and Kasparaitis was long gone.
But I already know this is an argument I cannot win, so I will concede to the fact that you are correct and Pens fans are a bunch of short sighted jag offs.

Speaking of Kasparaitis, I always thought his name sounds like the clinical term for "fear of ghosts."

Picture a teaser between shows and TBS voiceover announcer:
"Tonight on ghost hunters, you won't believe what the crew discovers in the abandoned warehouse. One of the investigators is forced to leave because of his casperitis. Tune in at 9:00 eastern to find out why."
Cooke's antics put Crosby at more risk than they provided his protection and Cooke was a rat fawk who preyed on unsuspecting players, not other teams tough guys. Not to mention he ruined Marc Savard's career and tried to chop Eric Karlson's leg off with his skate. They only endearing thing he did in his career was getting knocked out by Evander Kane, so the way I look at it Pens fans, you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

But if Pittsburgh was worried about Cindy, why did they trade away Ryan Reeves? I'll tell you why, an enforcer who can't score is a wasted roster spot these days with the instigator rule and if a guy head hunts Crosby, and doesn't want to answer the bell for his cheap shot, he doesn't have to anymore. The puzzy league has taken away the ability of the players to police themselves, and not to get all Don Cherry, but how many concussions did Gretzky have with Semenko and McSorley playing on his team? If you looked at Wayne wrong, they'd kill you.

And for the record, I like violence in hockey, no I take that back, I love violence in hockey. As a hockey fan I'm not really pissed if a guy runs one of my teams players, I get pissed that no one stands up for him, or the league has taken away the opportunity for one of our players to grab the guy and break his jaw without getting a game misconduct and a suspension.

redsox
05-04-2018, 08:58 PM
To further the point, i believe that the result of lacking enforcement is "the pest" type player. And, instead of a Shawn Thornton/Linden Byers type, you end up with a Marchand type player. A "bothersome" player who skirts the lines to disrupt and annoy rather than someone dropping the gloves. Rule changes will have unintended consequences and change the way the game is played. Not for the better.

86T3
05-05-2018, 01:32 AM
Matt Cooke was a saint compared to Ulf Sammuelson.

https://youtu.be/5tQsE3BIcKo

El Camexican
05-05-2018, 05:50 AM
To further the point, i believe that the result of lacking enforcement is "the pest" type player. And, instead of a Shawn Thornton/Linden Byers type, you end up with a Marchand type player. A "bothersome" player who skirts the lines to disrupt and annoy rather than someone dropping the gloves. Rule changes will have unintended consequences and change the way the game is played. Not for the better.

Couldn’t agree more. Marchand is the kind of guy that ruins a Tuesday night beer league game by turning it into something that spills into the parking lot.

When I was wearing the black and white stripes and a prick like that would finally take the game to a boiling point I would wait a few extra seconds before going in to break up the fight if the other guy was getting some shots in. Of course these were the same guys that would argue every call and never picked on anyone bigger than them.

While taking to my Dad about Subban the other day (another sh*t disturber) he says right out of the blue “That Marchand must be a real prick even off the ice”.

El Camexican
05-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Matt Cooke was a saint compared to Ulf Sammuelson.

https://youtu.be/5tQsE3BIcKo

The follow up video of Domi cold cocking him is priceless :lol::lol::lol:

86T3
05-05-2018, 10:16 AM
The follow up video of Domi cold cocking him is priceless :lol::lol::lol:

Couldn't have happened to a better person. One of my friends from college idolizes Cam "Sea Bass" Neely, sometimes I'll send him a text that only says "Ulf Sammuelson" to get him worked up

El Camexican
05-06-2018, 12:59 AM
Good games tonigh unless you’re a Preds or Penguins fan.

I can taste the next round.

El Camexican
05-08-2018, 04:00 AM
Bye bye Bruins, adios Pens, suck it Sharks fans and hello game 7 on the road Jets.

I’m not sure I’ll watch the game, too much stress.

redsox
05-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Tampa was the better team. They played harder, smarter, and wanted it more. If a few calls went differently i think the series would have extended a game or two, but i've got no gripes. Good hockey. The future is bright in Boston.

El Camexican
05-11-2018, 12:33 AM
I’ll post points when the buzz wears off. Get you picks up ASAP.

Mine are Bolts in 7, Jets in 5

86T3
05-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Jets in 5, capitals in 6

keister
05-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Tampa in 6, Vegas in 7.

Pretty sure I am out of the running at this point.

El Camexican
05-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Pretty sure I am out of the running at this point.

IDK about that, but based on how your picks finished in the second round I’m thrilled to see you’ve picked Vegas in the third.

keister
05-11-2018, 03:17 PM
IDK about that, but based on how your picks finished in the second round I’m thrilled to see you’ve picked Vegas in the third.

I'm a born again Fleury fan at this point. But I wish Winnipeg the best of luck. Should be a great series.
I had Nashville over Tampa in the finals and until last night's butt whipping, I felt pretty good about that.

El Camexican
05-11-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm a born again Fleury fan at this point. But I wish Winnipeg the best of luck. Should be a great series.
I had Nashville over Tampa in the finals and until last night's butt whipping, I felt pretty good about that.

I ran into a couple Pens fans last night at the tables and a trio from Boston. They claimed to be jumping into the Jets bandwagon after last night.

All the Knights fans I met were saying that the buzz is that if they win the cup this year it will ruin/spoil the local fan base forever. I tend to agree, Laredo TX had CHL team called the Bucks that won right out of the box and for a few more seasons after that. As soon as they had a couple bad seasons adendance tanked and that was the end of them. I loved being able sit 20 rows up on the red line for $20 bucks and watch hungry players beat on each other hoping to make the big leagues.

Aulbaugh
05-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Lightning in 6, Vegas in 6

bkm
05-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Caps in 7, Jets in 6

El Camexican
05-13-2018, 06:26 PM
After the second round the 3WW standings are as follow:

bkm – 18 points
86T3 – 17 points
Camexican – 15 points
Keister – 12 points
Hondatcs – 12 points
Mr. Clean – 7 points

Major points shift after a couple participants nailed the East side outcomes.

Mr. Clean was awarded 2 points for successfully picking the Bolts to win and will continue to be counted as such.

In other news I must confess that I never imagined how stressful it could be to gave one's team go this far in the playoffs. Then I think about what it must be like for these "kids" to have the hopes and dreams of an entire city, province and to a lesser extent country riding on their ability to perform at this level.

86T3
05-13-2018, 09:40 PM

This is something I've seen a lot of but haven't understood. Fleury was in the net when they won in 09, but after that was absolutely terrible in the playoffs. He played a very minor role in winning the 3rd cup by playing in round 1. With average goal tending the Pens should have made the finals at least 1 or 2 more times from 09 - 14. I just don't understand why Pittsburgh loves this guy

bkm
05-13-2018, 10:36 PM
In other news I must confess that I never imagined how stressful it could be to gave one's team go this far in the playoffs.

Couldn't tell you how stressful it is, I'm a Blues fan!

El Camexican
05-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Couldn't tell you how stressful it is, I'm a Blues fan!

Only now do it fully understand what you’ve been telling me. I thought being an Indians fan had prepared me for this, but I was wrong.

bkm
05-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Only now do it fully understand what you’ve been telling me. I thought being an Indians fan had prepared me for this, but I was wrong.The worst is when there is so much promise and then they shite the bed. Or win the presidents trophy only to get swept first round. Or make the playoffs 25 years straight, but only make it to the conference finals one time. Or I could go on and on, but I'm in a relatively good mood right now.

It is much easier to be a fan of a crappy franchise. This post season has been pleasant for me and I've actually enjoyed hockey for the first time in a long time.

Hopefully the Jets go on to win the Cup and you can check that off your list. I remember when the Cardinals won the world series in 06, and then laid an egg in 07, I didn't care because I just witnessed a championship. Then again in 11 they won again, and honestly, I haven't paid much attention since then. I'm no where near as big a baseball fan as I am a hockey fan, but I no longer have the anxiety I had watching baseball like I still do watching hockey. After two world series', I can view baseball as entertainment, not life or death like the NHL playoffs. My family dreads playoff time. I'm a fuggin wreck.

ironchop
05-14-2018, 11:03 AM
It is much easier to be a fan of a crappy franchise.....

Words to live by [emoji41]

Aulbaugh
05-14-2018, 12:41 PM
I remember when the Cardinals won the world series in 06, and then laid an egg in 07, I didn't care because I just witnessed a championship. Then again in 11 they won again,

That 2011 season was a bummer for me as a Ranger's fan:(. I'll never forget the name David Freese for as long as I live.

bkm
05-14-2018, 12:47 PM
That 2011 season was a bummer for me as a Ranger's fan:(. I'll never forget the name David Freese for as long as I live.Lol, the most gut wrenching sports game I've ever watched. For anyone who is a sports fan, go to YouTube and look up game 6, 2011 world series and watch from about the 8th inning on. Could you imagine being a hometown kid and doing that for the team you grew up watching. Movies are made from games like that.

David Freese will never gave to buy another drink in St. Louis for as long as he lives.

bkm
05-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Words to live by [emoji41]

Sent from my Z958 using TapatalkHigh expectations breed disappointment.

ironchop
05-14-2018, 01:23 PM
High expectations breed disappointment.I keep trying to tell my wife this [emoji13]

keister
05-14-2018, 01:55 PM
This is something I've seen a lot of but haven't understood. Fleury was in the net when they won in 09, but after that was absolutely terrible in the playoffs. He played a very minor role in winning the 3rd cup by playing in round 1. With average goal tending the Pens should have made the finals at least 1 or 2 more times from 09 - 14. I just don't understand why Pittsburgh loves this guy

Not true. Last year at this time he beat Columbus and shut out the Capitals in game 7. Yes, he has had struggles in the post season, but his career GAA is like 2.5, and more than respectable.
Vegas had a whole lot of goalies to choose from, and some people in this town still think the Pens protected the wrong goalie. (granted, those people are wrong).
As much as anything I think it's just that he's just a really, really good person - even more impressive when you consider he is French Canadian.

Should the Pens have competed for a few more cups along the way? Absolutely.
But let me but this in your terms.
Jim Kelly never won the Super Bowl, I'm guessing he's still pretty popular in your neck of the woods, and considered the greatest athlete in Buffalo history.
In reality OJ* is the greatest Buffalo athlete ever, but he killed some folks, so not nearly as beloved.

*with all due respect to Bruce Smith

keister
05-14-2018, 01:57 PM
David Freese will never gave to buy another drink in St. Louis for as long as he lives.

Ya, too bad he lives in Pittsburgh.

bkm
05-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Ya, too bad he lives in Pittsburgh.But was born and raised here in St. Louis and still visits quite often. My comment was more a figure of speech seeing that he is a recovering alcoholic and doesn't drink anymore last I heard.

keister
05-14-2018, 04:54 PM
Ya, I was trying to be funny. Apparently not trying hard enough

bkm
05-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Ya, I was trying to be funny. Apparently not trying hard enoughThe downfall of the written word and the inability to detect humor. Plus I'm kinda slow so that doesn't help.

keister
05-14-2018, 09:00 PM

Do you understand after that period?

El Camexican
05-19-2018, 10:33 PM
I keep thinking the Jets are toast and then I look over to the Bolts and realize miracles can happen.

2018 will be known as the year that home ice advantage became an urban myth.

86T3
05-20-2018, 06:19 PM
So.....are we mad at the league for this?

hublake
05-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Can I get any points if I pick the Knights to win the Stanley Cup. At least I should get something as their coach is a former Red Wing.

El Camexican
05-20-2018, 09:12 PM
I’m going to have a big scab on my heart tomorrow.

El Camexican
05-21-2018, 09:11 PM
So.....are we mad at the league for this?

I'm not, it's a business first and foremost and business is good when someone steps up with $500,000,000 and offers to build an arena in exchange for a few no name players.. Without the profit factor we'd be left to hang out in seedy bars waiting for fights to start in order to see unlicensed dentistry performed bare handed, or worse yet watch house league games played during the 11:00pm to midnight slot at the local arena.

I for one plan to cheer for Vegas in the next round. With the exception of the Yankees I usually try to cheer for the team that takes mine down if its done fair and square and Vegas won on the merit of their play.

Fleury was beyond outstanding. I wouldn't be surprised if NHL historians declare these last 4 games as some of the best ever played by a net minder. Hellebuyck on the other hand came up way short compared to his regular season play. That's all it took, one goalie to step up and one to step back, but the Jets can't put it all on Hellebuyck, our guns were silenced by their fore checking and defensive abilities in all but a few periods.

If the Knights do win the Cup the fan base will be spoiled until another Cup is hoisted and than might be a long time coming. And what of Seattle? Will their fans be expecting a similar inaugural season as Vegas had? I wouldn't wish that first season coaching position on anyone. :lol:

El Camexican
05-21-2018, 09:13 PM
Can I get any points if I pick the Knights to win the Stanley Cup. At least I should get something as their coach is a former Red Wing.

Sure, 16 points up for grabs if you can pick the team and the number of games.

bkm
05-23-2018, 11:03 PM
Tom Wilson is an absolute stud! A throwback to old time hockey and the type of guy who would run through a wall for his teammates.

El Camexican
05-23-2018, 11:22 PM
Tom Wilson is an absolute stud! A throwback to old time hockey and the type of guy who would run through a wall for his teammates.

That was a good dance in the 1st. Haven’t seen two guys come out of the box swinging like that for a long time. Reeves vs Buff would have been better, but beggars can’t be choosers.

bkm
05-24-2018, 12:48 AM
That was a good dance in the 1st. Haven’t seen two guys come out of the box swinging like that for a long time. Reeves vs Buff would have been better, but beggars can’t be choosers.The fire he had in his eyes when Colburn pulled the Caps players sweater off I haven't seen in a long time. I was surprised to see Wilson is from Toronto. I was sure he was a Western Canadian boy from Porcupine Plains or Moose Jaw!

86T3
05-24-2018, 01:15 AM
Don't you go liking my Caps BKM. $20 if you root for Vegas

bkm
05-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Don't you go liking my Caps BKM. $20 if you root for VegasHahaha, maybe I could make this a side gig. Extort money out of sports fans. If you don't pay me off, I'll jump on your teams bandwagon and they'll go down like the Hindenburg.

ironchop
05-24-2018, 10:38 AM
Hahaha, maybe I could make this a side gig. Extort money out of sports fans. If you don't pay me off, I'll jump on your teams bandwagon and they'll go down like the Hindenburg.Where's the LMFAO button?

Sounds like me and the Colts. Rooted for them since 1984 and the year I move out of town for good, they win the Superbowl

keister
05-25-2018, 12:33 PM
......... he was a Western Canadian boy from Porcupine Plains or Moose Jaw!

"That's what it said in the yearbook, Jim."

El Camexican
05-26-2018, 12:44 AM
After the third round the 3WW standings are as follow:

bkm – 26 points
86T3 – 21 points
Camexican – 15 points
Keister – 16 points
Hondatcs – 16 points
Mr. Clean – 7 points

I think I have the math right, correct me if you disagree.

El Camexican
05-26-2018, 12:55 AM
I'd love to see the Caps shut down the Vegas party, but I don't see how they can stand up to destiny, or Fluery.

Picking Vegas in 6

86T3
05-26-2018, 12:58 AM
Some interesting tidbits I heard about the Stanley Cup final. In 1918 1st year team Toronto Arenas made the final and won the cup. They eventually became the Maple Queefs. 50 years later BKM's St. Louis Blues made the final in their first year (1968). 50 years later the Vegas Golden Showers make the final, and for some reason we were suprised.

Vegas entered the season at 500:1 odds to win the cup. That means a $50 bet would yield $25,000 "Bones or clams or whatever you call them."

Doesn't matter though, Ovetchkin is going to hoist the Cup after game 6.

bkm
05-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Some interesting tidbits I heard about the Stanley Cup final. In 1918 1st year team Toronto Arenas made the final and won the cup. They eventually became the Maple Queefs. 50 years later BKM's St. Louis Blues made the final in their first year (1968). 50 years later the Vegas Golden Showers make the final, and for some reason we were suprised.

Vegas entered the season at 500:1 odds to win the cup. That means a $50 bet would yield $25,000 "Bones or clams or whatever you call them."

Doesn't matter though, Ovetchkin is going to hoist the Cup after game 6.The Blues made it their first three years in the league and never won a game, but they were all damn near one goal games. Those first three years after expansion were goofy. All the original teams were in one conference and all expansion teams were in the other. No matter how the expansion teams finished the first year, one of them were going to the cup finals.

bkm
05-26-2018, 01:23 PM
So, anyone really have their hearts set on either team to win or possibly lose? I take payments as a new fan and will guide your favorite, or least favorite team in either direction!

Joe wants the Caps to win so looks like I'll have to take him up on his $20 offer to root for Vegas. Lol

I can't wait to become a Blackhawks fan next year.

86T3
05-27-2018, 03:28 AM
If Bryan proves his Kiss Of Death with a Vegas loss I'll be commissioning him to wear a shirt of my least favorite trike conversion company.

bkm
05-27-2018, 10:40 AM
If Bryan proves his Kiss Of Death with a Vegas loss I'll be commissioning him to wear a shirt of my least favorite trike conversion company.I've always been a Ryan Reaves fan, so let's see if my endorsement becomes a kiss of death! Go Knights!

Knights in 6

El Camexican
05-27-2018, 11:14 AM
Go Knights!

Your curse is about to be shattered when Overchecking and the Crapitalls are immersed in the overwhelming Vegas experience.

I need to send a letter to the Jets GM recommending that he take the team there a couple weeks before the season starts and let them spend 5 days in Vegas with no curfew to get it out of their systems. The Vegas fans call it the "Vegas Flu" and its a much better home advantage than 15,000 people waving white towels.

Lets get those pics up guys, puck drops in less than 33 hours.

Aulbaugh
05-28-2018, 07:32 AM
Vegas has been fun to watch this year. I like their style of hockey, Vegas in 5 games.

keister
05-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Get out the brooms. Vega$ in 4.

keister
05-28-2018, 12:03 PM
That means a $50 bet would yield $25,000 "Bones or clams or whatever you call them."

........... in the parlance of our times.

86T3
05-29-2018, 12:35 AM
The delicate flower had a .857 save percentage. Goal #4 for Vegas should not have counted. Bit somehow the refs were able to stop action for 5 minutes to call incidental minors, when a ref staring at Wilson called nothing (not saying that was the correct call) If the series isn't fixed, I have no doubt Washington will win in 6.

El Camexican
05-29-2018, 08:53 AM
I was impressed with the Caps. Kind of like I was with the Jets in the first game of that series if you get what I mean.

After that Wilson ambush I was hoping Reeves would use his head to soften his knuckles on, but it seems he’s decided to focuse his energy on scoring goals as of late.

86T3
05-29-2018, 11:14 AM
I showed my wife the Paul Kariya Scott Stephens hit after that for a little context. It's wierd how a cowardly hit 15 years ago is still celebrated on YouTube, Wilson will probably get sat down for a couple games. Did Marchessalt come back in the game? I don't recall hearing. The 12 pack may be to blame

Arky-X
05-29-2018, 12:35 PM
I don't watch hockey often but the pre-game alone caught mine and the wifey's attention so we stayed there instead of game 7 of Warriors vs Rockets. Much more action than an NBA game fo-sho!

You think this series will have that much scoring through all the games?

El Camexican
05-29-2018, 03:50 PM
I don't watch hockey often but the pre-game alone caught mine and the wifey's attention so we stayed there instead of game 7 of Warriors vs Rockets. Much more action than an NBA game fo-sho!

You think this series will have that much scoring through all the games?

Glad to see you dropped B Ball to watch a real sport! :beer Even my wife the big soccer fan is watching the games, although it's annoying when she confuses replays of old goals for new goals and cheers for them a second time.

No one can know what scoring levels will be, but I'd bet no, they will go down to maybe 3 to 6 goals per game total unless one of the goalies falls out of his mental zone. The teams will watch the tapes to death today and try to seal up a few holes. Game one in a series is a lot like the first time you sleep with someone, after that there's more of a plan. Expect more battles and turnovers in the neutral zone (between the two blue lines) as the games continue.

Aulbaugh
05-29-2018, 04:32 PM
Even my wife the big soccer fan is watching the games, although it's annoying when she confuses replays of old goals for new goals and cheers for them a second time.

That's funny!

bkm
05-29-2018, 04:37 PM
Don't admire your pass kids. There may be a Tom Wilson on the ice at the same time!

El Camexican
05-29-2018, 06:15 PM
Don't admire your pass kids. There may be a Tom Wilson on the ice at the same time!

Something tells me that hit got Uncle Don's seal of approval.

bkm
05-29-2018, 06:31 PM
Something tells me that hit got Uncle Don's seal of approval."Okay kids, here we have Tom Wilson, good Ontario boy, catching Marchessault admiring a pass, what a beauty that Wilson is, just a good Toronto Ontario boy."

"Let this be a lesson kids, never admire your pass while coasting through the neutral zone!"

"If Terry O'Reilly or Jon Winsik ever caught you coasting like that and admiring your pass....bang'o, you'd get your clock cleaned!"

"You'd never catch Bobby Orr admiring a pass like that!"

Kinda how I picture Coaches Corner after that hit. Grapes is a beauty. Love that guy.

El Camexican
05-29-2018, 06:50 PM
"Okay kids, here we have Tom Wilson, good Ontario boy, catching Marchessault admiring a pass, what a beauty that Wilson is, just a good Toronto Ontario boy."

"Let this be a lesson kids, never admire your pass while coasting through the neutral zone!"

"If Terry O'Reilly or Jon Winsik ever caught you coasting like that and admiring your pass....bang'o, you'd get your clock cleaned!"

"You'd never catch Bobby Orr admiring a pass like that!"

Kinda how I picture Coaches Corner after that hit. Grapes is a beauty. Love that guy.

Well done Sir, you nailed it!

Now just get yourself a few dozen of the most outrageous suits and ties money can buy and a bull terrier and we may be able to get you a spot on the St. Louise public access cable channel next season.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8inMNlHGS9w

bkm
05-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Fun fact for those that don't know, Don's outrageous suits are actually made from window curtains.

I had all of his "Rockem Sockem Hockey" videos as a kid. I know he's a polarizing figure up narth, but I absolutely love the guy.
Well done Sir, you nailed it!

Now just get yourself a few dozen of the most outrageous suits and ties money can buy and a bull terrier and we may be able to get you a spot on the St. Louise public access cable channel next season.

ironchop
05-30-2018, 12:49 PM

Enjoy

Best hockey I've watched in decades. I quit following in roughly 1990. Oh the days when some warriors didn't wear helmets

Why did it look like McClellan got punched by that ref who was trying to break up that scuffle?

The last ten minutes were THE BEST.

El Camexican
05-30-2018, 07:58 PM
Best hockey I've watched in decades. I quit following in roughly 1990. Oh the days when some warriors didn't wear helmets

Why did it look like McClellan got punched by that ref who was trying to break up that scuffle?

The last ten minutes were THE BEST.

When I was a snot nosed kid trying to skate backwards without falling Borje Salming was the only guy I recall that wore a helmet and Randy Carlyle is the last one I vividly remember that didn't wear one. Craig MacTavish was officially the last, but I wasn't watching much hockey at that time.

I didn't catch the punch you mentioned and I don't doubt it happened. Go back 40 years to beer league games and plenty of refs would respond to a misplaced wild punch with one of their own. My Dad always tells a story about a late night game he was refereeing with a cop.

Story goes that prior to the game my Dad told his partner that he'd just dislocated his shoulder and wasn't going to be much use breaking up any fights. When a scrap broke out during the game my Dad took one guy and the cop took the other, but they were still trying to get at each other. My Dad yelled out "I can't hold him much longer!" so the Cop tossed his guy to the side and delivered a haymaker to the one my dad was trying to restrain. Apparently when the guy came to he thought the other player had laid him out. No charges were filed :lol:

If that happened today the guy would lose his job, owe the punk money and never step on public ice again. Oh how times have changed...

keister
05-31-2018, 12:35 PM
Couple lists to look over during the travel days.

Can we now agree that he is top 10 all-time?

El Camexican
05-31-2018, 02:57 PM

Ok, he's good, but he also seems to have crapp*d out the horseshoe he was hiding during the Winnipeg series, so this is getting really interesting. How about Holtby's stick save!!!

FYI Canada is probably going to put a 25% retaliatory tariff on all hockey player exports to the USA in response to Trumps latest tariffs on steel. This will dramatically effect the salary caps of all US based teams and next years Stanley Cup will be played between Winnipeg and Toronto.

You heard it here first!

86T3
05-31-2018, 06:13 PM

Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts! He was on a superstar packed team for a decade. Playoff save percentage would be a much more accurate way to grade goaltending. He's quite a bit further down, tied with the Ryan Miller. Also, if you're saying he's better than Hasek we might not be able to be friends anymore

El Camexican
05-31-2018, 06:20 PM
Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!

So fake news?

keister
06-01-2018, 12:11 PM
Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!

Haha. I knew that would get you riled up. Got trolled like Indy in a Glamy thread.

I was hoping we'd get to watch game 5 or 6 together on Friday or Saturday at Geneva. Alas, the hockey god's frowned upon that idea.

86T3
06-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Haha. I knew that would get you riled up. Got trolled like Indy in a Glamy thread.

I was hoping we'd get to watch game 5 or 6 together on Friday or Saturday at Geneva. Alas, the hockey god's frowned upon that idea.

Yep, you got me. Went from 0 to 100 instantly. If you want to stay late Sunday we could watch Ovi hoist the Cup, it is game 6

keister
06-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Yep, you got me. Went from 0 to 100 instantly. If you want to stay late Sunday we could watch Ovi hoist the Cup, it is game 6

I wish I could. Unfortunately for the game, but fortunately for me, I just hired a young man who by all counts should be the next superstar engineer at my company. While I have long moved on from being in charge of the engineering department, he will report to me and starts Monday at 7am sharp! That is a long way of saying I will regretfully not be stopping at Casa de Swatland this trip.

But, let's talk about tonight's game. The Caps can create an insurmountable 3-1 lead, OR the series turns into a best of 3. This is why game fours are so much fun!

86T3
06-05-2018, 03:20 PM
I listened to the Caps broadcast while I was driving home from NJ last night, they definitely sounded nervous for the first 5 minutes. Even after the 3 goal lead it sounded like Vegas was getting some good chances but just couldn't bury the biscuit, is that what it looked like? Who would have thought the series would be so one sides after game 1? Oh wait, I think someone said something about that. Sounds familiar for some reason. Hahaha. I hope the Caps can finish the series in game 5. Could you imagine partying in Vegas after winning the Cup there?

bkm
06-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Swatland, where do I send the bill for my services? Just remember, there is still plenty of time for me to jump all over that Caps bandwagon.

ironchop
06-07-2018, 12:16 AM
Do hockey players take a knee?

El Camexican
06-07-2018, 12:28 AM
Do hockey players take a knee?

No, it’s mans game and the ratio of incarcerated former players is much lower than other pro sports. I won’t speculate why that might be, but Patrick Swayze dropped a hint once in a movie.

El Camexican
06-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Ovetchkin is going to hoist the Cup

Well done young man. I don’t have the final numbers yet, but you have most certainly won this years Challenge.

Cherish the moment for success is fleeting and next season’s Challenge will likely include the Sabers forcing you to choose with your heart and not your head.

Aulbaugh
06-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Congrats Swatland on your Victory! Thanks everyone that participated, it's a lot of fun! Hopefully I can do better next year.

86T3
06-08-2018, 11:54 AM
I'd like to thank BKM for the assist, couldn't have done it without him.

El Camexican
06-08-2018, 11:59 AM

Let the extortions begin. He’s already threatening to buy a Jets jersey.

bkm
06-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Let the extortions begin. He’s already threatening to buy a Jets jersey.This year was on me Joe, and sorry poor Nico had to feel my rath, but for next year I've got an Ovie, Eichel, and Buff sweater in my shopping cart on line.

86T3
06-11-2018, 01:07 PM
This year was on me Joe, and sorry poor Nico had to feel my rath, but for next year I've got an Ovie, Eichel, and Buff sweater in my shopping cart on line.

Please, not Jack. He's such a nice kid. How about a Kadri Jersey?

https://www.maxim.com/.amp/sports/alex-ovechkin-stanley-cup-party-2018-6

This is friggin awesome, can't say I'd do anything different if I was in his shoes.