PDA

View Full Version : polaris scrambler 3 wheeler parts ?

ang4th
10-25-2017, 09:34 PM
ok guys I may buy a polaris scrambler .. old 3 wheeler looks to be in rough shape .. if I buy it and end up not rebuilding it is there any demand for its parts to recoup my $$$ .. OR is there a source for parts ?
looks like it might need a recoil the guy says it was running two years ago bought a new starter but didn't fully install it ,, not sure if I should get into it or not ..
OR .. if I do buy it and I buy a old trail boss can I convert the trail boss into a trike ?
any info appreciated ! Thanks ..

ang4th
10-26-2017, 10:21 AM
no replys tells me probably not worth the time ? the guy wants $250 Canadian says he has all parts except for the pull start and starter not hooked up so no way to check compression .. cant even wrap a rope around it becas eteh round cage for pull start also missing

placek59
10-26-2017, 02:51 PM
These trikes are very rare in my area and I have never seen one personally. Quick search on partzilla shows the recoil starter was the same for 85-87 scrambler, trailboss, and cyclone. Search ebay quick to see if there are any parts for any of those machines. Use the lack of replacement parts as a bargaining chip if needed. Good luck on whatever you decide

https://www.partzilla.com/product/polaris/3083653?ref=183812eaa093d8cffadd33bf297ce8539aa930 12 look to still be available but $266 usd

350for350
10-26-2017, 10:04 PM
I would like to have one just for the cool factor. from looking at a couple of Trail Bosses, I don't think you could do the conversion without a welder. Now if you were to buy both the Scrambler and the Trail Boss, you could put the Trail Boss engine on the Scrambler.

ang4th
10-28-2017, 07:15 PM
thanks guys .. it was so beat I passed on the scrambler :(
then when I found that trail boss someone already spent all the time and money on and so cheap I wanted it ,, damn just messed it by a few hours it was sold :(