PDA

View Full Version : 350x cdi options

Rdrexler14
11-04-2017, 06:01 PM
I’ve heard rumors about 400ex and xr250r cdi boxes being used on 350x’s for better performance. Anyone have any input on this??

Shawn Powell
11-06-2017, 12:28 AM
I’ve heard rumors about 400ex and xr250r cdi boxes being used on 350x’s for better performance. Anyone have any input on this??

Only works if it’s a late model 85 or 86. And even then there hot or miss. If you have an 86 talk to Mickey Dunlap at fourstroketech. He has aftermarket units that help. Reasonable money. I think he was less than 100$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdrexler14
11-06-2017, 12:33 AM
Only works if it’s a late model 85 or 86. And even then there hot or miss. If you have an 86 talk to Mickey Dunlap at fourstroketech. He has aftermarket units that help. Reasonable money. I think he was less than 100$

I do have an 86 , so this guy has aftermarket cdi’s That work pretty well? Better than an xr250 or 400ex?

Shawn Powell
11-06-2017, 12:56 AM
I do have an 86 , so this guy has aftermarket cdi’s That work pretty well? Better than an xr250 or 400ex?

I would call him and ask him those questions. I have an early model 85 so I’m stuck with the OEM one. The timing curves are different somehow from what I’ve been told. If you have a Facebook message him or call him. Some people don’t like him on this site but he’s been good to me.

Rdrexler14
11-06-2017, 10:55 AM
I would call him and ask him those questions. I have an early model 85 so I’m stuck with the OEM one. The timing curves are different somehow from what I’ve been told. If you have a Facebook message him or call him. Some people don’t like him on this site but he’s been good to me.

Yea he wasn’t much help, said he didn’t know anything about the xr250 cdi and his that he’s testing won’t be ready for 6 months

Shawn Powell
11-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Yea he wasn’t much help, said he didn’t know anything about the xr250 cdi and his that he’s testing won’t be ready for 6 months

Bummer. I thought he had them already. I will gracefully bow out then as i have no further info on the CDI portion of a 350x. I’m sure other guys here know how to do the swaps. I’ve heard of guys using fully programble Dyna tech units for 400exs but seems like a lot of cash for a little power. Could use that money for a carb and cam imo. Good luck sorry I steered you into a dead end.