PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a 225 dx carb, mikuni 24vm carb.

Goon rider
11-10-2017, 06:01 PM
I have a 225 dx and am goin to need a new carb, the carb i have has no to little threads left for the plunger choke.

mostlyxs
11-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Hello!
Go to Ebay, search "carb YTM225" and you'll find exactly what you need for around $25 with free shipping.
Don't be afraid of the foreign clones, as most are quite satisfactory. Use Paypal and you will have lots of help
if needed to rectify a sour result. The quality is great, and the jetting has been right on those I've received.
John in Texas
I'd suggest you work your way thru 5 or more pages of results to uncover the truly cheapest/best deal.
Many sellers list their high $$ offering first with succeeding lower cost listings of the same item.

Visionist
11-10-2017, 10:30 PM
I'd second the aftermarket carb option. Much easier in my experience as long as you get a clone rather than a different style.

Sent from my Moto X Play using Tapatalk

Goon rider
11-16-2017, 08:05 PM
Alright awesome guys. I found carb that looks exactly like what i have, but they only come up if i type in ytm200 , and the 225 carbs have a differnt straight barb for the fuel line instead of the angled one that is on my trike now. I am thinking the carb i have isnt orginal to my 225dx

samuraiguys
11-16-2017, 11:40 PM
I have an OEM carb if your still looking for one

mostlyxs
11-17-2017, 10:40 PM
I've noticed the fuel tube varies from the oem in many cases. I've opened up several from 200 & 225 moto's,
finding the jetting the same. Within a model year, I've seen variations in fuel tank outlets, valving arrangement,etc.
You should jump on the oem carb offered by samuraiguys following, if the price is right.

Goon rider
11-20-2017, 04:50 PM
https://m.ebay.ca/itm/262711541743?_mwBanner=1

This is what i decided in

mostlyxs
11-24-2017, 03:49 AM
Thanks "the dude" for your positive appraisal.

However:

The carb details in my Yama service manual for the YTM225, which covers the 200 first, then the 225, specify a size 22 Mikuni carb, with identical jetting
for both. The YFM225, however uses a size 24 with same jetting. Keyster carb kits detail the jetting, and it is same for them. I have received clone carbs
with all manner of oddball jetting, much of it not marked. You need a set of numbered drills to gauge what you get, or plan on using the jets from Keyster kit
to be sure. I can only guess the size 22 or 24 refers to the throat size in mm, as my 225 moto4 has a slightly larger throat than the YTM 225.
Either should work fine, properly jetted.
Most of these YTM machines we encounter here in Central Texas were severely wrenched to keep them running, and there is no telling what you might encounter.