PDA

View Full Version : 350x Headlight issues.

Whisper7585
12-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone. Hows everybody doin? I've been better... I don't know why but every 3 wheeler I've bought inherited traded for I've had electrical problems with. I just bought a 86 350x all original. It had burnt-out lights when I got it I replaced them and things were great for about an hour total use then it was weird one light went dim almost yellow while the other stayed bright then both burnt-out. I replaced the lights turned them on lasted maybe 3-4sec.... I pay 12.??each for them. I just want head lights on my bikes that work. .... any ideas out there??

Karley109
12-10-2017, 11:00 PM
Hey everyone. Hows everybody doin? I've been better... I don't know why but every 3 wheeler I've bought inherited traded for I've had electrical problems with. I just bought a 86 350x all original. It had burnt-out lights when I got it I replaced them and things were great for about an hour total use then it was weird one light went dim almost yellow while the other stayed bright then both burnt-out. I replaced the lights turned them on lasted maybe 3-4sec.... I pay 12.??each for them. I just want head lights on my bikes that work. .... any ideas out there??

I’d like to know as well same thing going on with my 85 and 86

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMK
12-11-2017, 06:19 AM
Disassemble the wiring harness at the headlights and clean the sockets of rust and the bullet connectors of corrosion.
Then spray with Deoxit and coat with dialectic grease.
Make sure all of your ground wires to the frame are clean and tight.
This is a least expensive starting place.

dirtwheels
12-11-2017, 08:50 PM
This may not be the cause of your issue but it's worth mentioning.

Check on the underside of your AC regulator/rectifier and see which one you have. Some 350X's experienced issues blowing out lights at high RPMs. Honda issued a service bulletin in July 1986 and they used to swap them out for you. The new part number changed to "HA5" instead of the original "KGO" number.