PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70 CC size while staying with regular gas

spacerust
12-16-2017, 10:48 PM
Okay so I have three ATC 70’s. One is good to go and running great. Second one is running good but I need to change the clutch. Third motor is toast. My question is I pulled the motors for both 2 and 3. What is a decent engine upgrade since I have them out. without swapping a new motor and not having to use any race gas or anything? I would like to keep at least one looking original as well. Is there any difference going with the 88 big bore kit? I’ve read a lot of builds, but I guess input from others always helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schlepp29
12-17-2017, 12:21 PM
My friend has an 88cc kit in his 70 and it does help.

spacerust
12-20-2017, 10:56 AM
I have been looking into the 88cc and the 108 stroker. From what I've read, they say the stroker will be a better option than the 125cc Lifan. Anyone have experience with each to comment?

yaegerb
12-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Okay so I have three ATC 70’s. One is good to go and running great. Second one is running good but I need to change the clutch. Third motor is toast. My question is I pulled the motors for both 2 and 3. What is a decent engine upgrade since I have them out. without swapping a new motor and not having to use any race gas or anything? I would like to keep at least one looking original as well. Is there any difference going with the 88 big bore kit? I’ve read a lot of builds, but I guess input from others always helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep your static comp ratio to 11:1 and below and you are safe on 93. Anything over that I would move to 108.

3 Wheel Drive
12-20-2017, 11:07 AM
A 125 is much cheaper and easier to install.