PDA

View Full Version : Got the '84 250r back in the sand!

elteee69
01-16-2018, 10:11 AM
So I've been trying to resurect my seriously neglected '84 R I picked up a while back, heres where I'm at...
Masters & calipers were frozen on both ends & un-rebuildable, so I went with the '96-07 CR 80 versions, had to modify the mounting plates but they work great. New sprockets/chain, twist throttle (basically because I've ridden two wheels for 35 years & the thumb throttle was toast), throttle/clutch cables, DG silencer, Uni filter etc. Cleaned her up & got running decent, she lasted 20 minutes first ride at Florence dunes before I siezed the top end. Wasn't too bad, was still stock bore and a hone cleaned it up nice, put in a fresh Wiseco and buttoned up. Not sure if the carb that came with it was the stocker, I read they had PE30's, it was a very tired PE that measured 27.5mm with jets and threads that didn't match the others I was seeing. So I put a 36mm PJ off a '85 CR and after lots of research & trial and error I finally got the jets dialed in pretty close. Got lucky with the weather last weekend, 60 degrees and dry in Oregon in January, so I hit Sand Lake for the first time and had a blast!

Aulbaugh
01-17-2018, 11:06 AM
Looks good Elteee! The Sand Lake look like alot of fun too!

elteee69
07-24-2018, 09:11 AM
A little fun in Florence...