PDA

View Full Version : Need help trying to identify a tri-z pipe

bobtdms
01-19-2018, 10:44 PM
I just scored this pipe/silencer off of evilbay. It's a sectional pipe with no manufacturer markings. I'm not sure exactly what I have. The D.G. is the only other Z exhaust that I have, and is shown for comparison only. I'll be running this exhaust regardless, I'd just like to know what it is.
Thanks, Bob.

lndy650
01-20-2018, 12:03 AM
hmm pretty cool pipe. for some reason the pics wont show when i click on them. looks like lots of volume long header, long single stage diffuser with a long taper, large stinger i.d., baffle isnt that long but still i would say its definitely a good low to midrange pipe. not for top end but looks well built for sure. Klemm maybe? i dont know tri-z pipes but i can tell the intended power gains from the size/shape

SeeBass
01-20-2018, 12:08 AM
hmm pretty cool pipe. for some reason the pics wont show when i click on them. looks like lots of volume long header, fairly long diffuser with a long taper, large stinger i.d. i would say its a good low to midrange pipe

OMG man would you shut the hell up? You don't know half what you think you do and you post on every gd topic so it gets really annoying. He is looking to figure out what the exact model of this pipe is. There are people here that actually know wtf they are looking at so PLEASE would you back off from posting your nonsense on every gd thread?

Your bs about being able to track ip's was freaking laughable. Poppa Wheelie was clearly 3WheelDrive.

SeeBass
01-20-2018, 12:13 AM
Nice attempt to edit bro. Smooth.

ironchop
01-20-2018, 12:24 AM
OMG man would you shut the hell up? You don't know half what you think you do and you post on every gd topic so it gets really annoying. He is looking to figure out what the exact model of this pipe is. There are people here that actually know wtf they are looking at so PLEASE would you back off from posting your nonsense on every gd thread?

Your bs about being able to track ip's was freaking laughable. Poppa Wheelie was clearly 3WheelDrive.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

lndy650
01-20-2018, 12:30 AM
some people appreciate the advice. i would definitely want to know how a mystery pipe performed if i was an average person. ask any pipe builder they will tell you thats a low/mid range pipe. how many exhausts have you built loser? and im not gonna stop posting actually im gonna post twice as often now.
KICK HIS AZZ SEABASS!!!!!!!!!

oh and ya i did edit so what? is it a problem to fix spelling or add information? i added that i thought it might be a Klemm holy shite call the posting police

hey look i edited again!!!

SeeBass
01-20-2018, 12:32 AM
i dont know tri-z pipesThen why are you posting on a tri-z pipe identification thread? He said he was going to use it regardless. That's a polite way of telling you in advance that he doesn't give 2 f's about your amateur opinion of what that pipe might do when he uses it. He will know shortly without your mindless self centered babble.

lndy650
01-20-2018, 12:33 AM
because i know exhaust and im sure hes curious what type of pipe it is.
just being honest i have never played with different pipes on a tri z the only tri z i ever owned had a crappy dg
what do you know about 2 stroke exhaust???? hell i dont see you saying what this pipe is either why are you posting? loser...

SeeBass
01-20-2018, 12:40 AM
just being honest Only people that are full of shlt say this.

i have never played with different pipes on a tri zK

lndy650
01-20-2018, 12:44 AM
its a FACT that your the one bringing absolutely nothing to this thread. yup im full of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro right up to my eyes. i could show you pics of the pipes i built but i dont think you care your obviously just miserable and feel like being a jerk. good for you!
You muddied the waters of what was a fine thread. happy?

SeeBass
01-20-2018, 12:47 AM
its a FACT that your the one Yea well IT'S a fact that YOU'RE not "The One", Dr. Phil McKrackin.

lndy650
01-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Nope im not far from it in fact. im far from perfect and there are many people that know more than me about alot of things. but i do have a lot of experience with engines and ya sometimes i go too far sharing what i know but i thought this guy would want to know the basic characteristics of this pipe. 2 stroke exhaust building is something i love to do and im sorry if your upset that i share my knowledge on the few things that i do know about.
oh and i agree my ip address hunting maybe didnt go so good but i tried.

another edit.... i dont see you ever helping anyone on here seabassssss so dont ridicule me for it.

lndy650
01-20-2018, 01:11 AM
Maybe its another glamy from an alternate universe? either way whoever it is if they have beef with me they should have took it to fracas establishment instead of starting crap in another thread. soon this whole site will be filled with nonsense scribbled by children

bkm
01-20-2018, 01:16 AM
We're all Glamy!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

YTZ drew
01-22-2018, 12:12 AM
In my limited experience, I'd say that pipe would be more for a mid to top end hit. As I understand it, again, going off my limited knowledge, longer silencer and stinger = top end, and fatter expansion chamber also = top end. Pipes skinnier in the mid section, and shorter in the stinger and silencer = low end. Maybe i'm wrong. You know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.

SeeBass
01-22-2018, 12:18 AM
In my limited experience, I'd say that pipe would be more for a mid to top end hit. As I understand it, again, going off my limited knowledge, longer silencer and stinger = top end, and fatter expansion chamber also = top end. Pipes skinnier in the mid section, and shorter in the stinger and silencer = low end. Maybe i'm wrong. You know, that's just, like, my opinion, man.As nearly all aftermarket and race oriented pipes are. But yea, what do I know I'm just a lowly 4 stroke fan so all this 2 stroke stuff is like, rocket science er sumthin'.

lndy650
01-22-2018, 12:20 AM
thats a bit backwards but if you wanted to learn more you could start by reading 2 stroke tuning by Gordon Jennings he has a good section on exhaust. i use tuning software to build pipes now but theres nothing like doing all the calculations on paper and building something that makes power

lndy650
01-22-2018, 12:25 AM
this picture might give you an idea but to really understand how 2 stoke exhaust works takes a lot of reading and practice.

SeeBass
01-22-2018, 12:26 AM
this picture might give you an idea but to really understand how 2 stoke exhaust works takes a lot of reading and practice.

249573Duuuuuude Drew is a million times more knowledgeable than you are! Get the fvck out of here!!!!!!

lndy650
01-22-2018, 12:30 AM
ya ok then too bad he has that totally backwards. whatever ive studied this stuff for years im not going to get worked up by the likes of you trying to discredit me. you didnt even think synthetic oil made a difference with ring wear you have no place in this thread dude.

SeeBass
01-22-2018, 12:32 AM
ya ok then too bad he has that totally backwards. whatever ive studied this stuff for years im not going to get worked up by the likes of you trying to discredit me. you didnt even think synthetic oil made a difference with ring wear you have no place in this thread dude.You are discrediting yourself, idiot!!

El Camexican
01-22-2018, 12:32 AM
I just scored this pipe/silencer off of evilbay. It's a sectional pipe with no manufacturer markings. I'm not sure exactly what I have. The D.G. is the only other Z exhaust that I have, and is shown for comparison only. I'll be running this exhaust regardless, I'd just like to know what it is.
Thanks, Bob.

I tried to score a few pieces off that trike as well. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what that pipe was. It almost looked as though somebody had welded some sectional portions onto some of the stock pipe parts. Is the header pipe sectional? I didn’t think it was in the eBay photos.

Did you end up with anything else off of it? The crank went cheap in my opinion, but that polished cylinder and head went high.

SeeBass
01-22-2018, 12:33 AM
Yes the header is sectional. It's either a CT or a Jemco but i was hoping mosh would show up to make indy look stupid

lndy650
01-22-2018, 12:46 AM
that long as diffuser is definitely for low end. generally a short stinger is for topend long for lowend kinda obvious you want more back pressure for lowend power less for topend. but thats just the beginning you still have the header, diffuser, size of the mid section which is mostly for volume and the baffle. when i say baffle im assuming you know i dont mean the core of the silencer right? are you totally lost yet? then you need to know if your going to go with a single, dual, or triple stage diffuser and a single or dual stage baffle. some people have made triple stage baffles but you dont really ain anything over a dual stage. really lost yet?
i know what the hell im talking about dude ive built over a dozen sets of pipes for my watercross sleds alone.

bkm
01-22-2018, 01:27 AM
Definitely not a Jemco. Looks a little Kenny Roberts/Rob Selvy on the pipe, but the silencer I've never seen before. I sent Rob some pictures to see if he can ID it.

El Camexican
01-22-2018, 01:30 AM
On my little phone screen I still see what looks like linear welds on the second section of the head pipe.

bkm
01-22-2018, 01:55 AM
Rob said it look slike a "Power Pro's" pipe. They made a lot of pipes for several different compainies back in the day including Klemm Research.

lndy650
01-22-2018, 01:59 AM
them guys are still in business. at least i think its the same guys
http://store.4x4tuff.com/8.html

edit: their main page http://store.4x4tuff.com

lndy650
01-22-2018, 02:16 AM
i bet this exhaust sounds badazz! having those resonating chambers and the mufflers at the very end has to sound throaty as hell 249574

if they still make good pipes this is super cheap for a custom 250r complete setup http://store.4x4tuff.com/11.html

bobtdms
01-22-2018, 06:17 PM
I count 18 sections in the pipe, including both header pieces and stinger. The only stamped section is the second elbow on the headpipe. The pipe is fully tig welded (pretty nice, I've seen much worse).
The stinger is 1in. I.d. on the mystery pipe vs 1.150in. on my D.G. pipe.
El Camexican, I was only able to get the pipe/silencer. I could tell it wasn't stock, and that was good enough for me. Lol! That bike had a lot of nice parts on it.
I appreciate the input.
Thanks, Bob.