PDA

View Full Version : 200x issues please help

Hondont
01-21-2018, 06:26 PM
hi my 200x is having some issues and im not sure how to go about fixing it. first of all it lost spark so its not running but when it did it would smoke but only sometimes. like if you were riding around it wouldnt smoke but if you shut it off for say half an hour and started it back up a huge plume of white smoke would come pouring out and take a bit to clear up. it does smoke a little all the time but just a little like half of what a two stroke smokes.
and now the spark issue can someone please help me fix it? i dont ride my tri-zed or tecate in the winter so i really wanna get my pile 200x going again. i hate hondas. hence my username lol.

Rob Canadian
01-21-2018, 06:37 PM
Here is the manual if you do not have it. What year 200X?
www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals

Honestly it could be a bunch of things for no spark. Grab a DVOM and start checking things.

SeeBass
01-21-2018, 07:57 PM
It needs a rebuild! As rob said the spark could be several things. Test the source coil output, bypass the kill switch wiring to eliminate that possibility as 200x kills are notorious for failure at this stage of life. Report your results and we will go from there.

Post pics, it puts us there with you.

lndy650
01-21-2018, 08:11 PM
smoking is bad valve seals. the oil is slowly leaking into your ports when the engine is shut off and when you start it all that oil is sucked into the combustion chamber and burnt. or if its parked with a valve open it drains right into the cylinder while parked. sounds like they are really bad if it smokes a little all the time. could also be wore rings but id bet its just valve seals. when you take the head off to replace them you can check piston/cylinder clearance and ring end gap.
like these guys said for spark follow the instructions in the manual to test all the components. exciter coil, external coil, pulse/pick-up coil and there is a test for the plu wire and cap. theres no sure way to test the cdi except to rule everything out. could also be the kill wire is grounding out you can un-plug the kill switch and check the wire for any wear to rule this out.

Milner Brown
01-22-2018, 08:18 PM
POST #1

hi my 200x is having some issues and im not sure how to go about fixing it. first of all it lost spark so its not running but when it did it would smoke but only sometimes. like if you were riding around it wouldnt smoke but if you shut it off for say half an hour and started it back up a huge plume of white smoke would come pouring out and take a bit to clear up. it does smoke a little all the time but just a little like half of what a two stroke smokes.
and now the spark issue can someone please help me fix it? i dont ride my tri-zed or tecate in the winter so i really wanna get my pile 200x going again. i hate hondas. hence my username lol.

POST #4

smoking is bad valve seals. the oil is slowly leaking into your ports when the engine is shut off and when you start it all that oil is sucked into the combustion chamber and burnt. or if its parked with a valve open it drains right into the cylinder while parked. sounds like they are really bad if it smokes a little all the time. could also be wore rings but id bet its just valve seals. when you take the head off to replace them you can check piston/cylinder clearance and ring end gap.
like these guys said for spark follow the instructions in the manual to test all the components. exciter coil, external coil, pulse/pick-up coil and there is a test for the plu wire and cap. theres no sure way to test the cdi except to rule everything out. could also be the kill wire is grounding out you can un-plug the kill switch and check the wire for any wear to rule this out.

Post #1 and post #4 are made by the same person. Rob Canadian knows this for fact as well at this point, ask him.

Nico Suave is great at seeing text patterns on posts, as well as many others here are. It's easy to see that #1 and #4 are from the same person.

Multiple accounts and trolling is against forum rules. Bye Bye Indy650

bkm
01-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Maybe Indy can do an IP comparison on himself?

FACT! I too believe they are the same person.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fabiodriven
01-22-2018, 09:00 PM
If Damon is right I'm going to have a field day with this Indy.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/afa3a9150992063da363ab3cb4ff1010.jpg

lndy650
01-22-2018, 09:00 PM
this is not me...
oh and if multiple accounts and trolling against the rules then ummm ya....bye bye lots of people. but seriously thats not me. I was online yesterday when he posted so explain how i could have been logged in to 2 accounts.

fabiodriven
01-22-2018, 09:10 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/1ca4bcf799d5d8a9887a4d6d48f13f8b.jpg

Milner Brown
01-22-2018, 09:19 PM
Multiple reasons that it is beyond any reasonable doubt, but the reversion of attention, blame and interrogation when accused is just another obvious few to add to the list. Add to that the double denials within 20 words of each other. In spite of Indys claims of being enrolled in class, any psychology 101 student would see what's going on here.

lndy650
01-22-2018, 09:22 PM
ya this is getting pretty entertaining.

lndy650
01-22-2018, 09:25 PM
accusations with absolutely zero proof thats about the norm of this place now. you guys go ahead and keep wasting your time on this.

Milner Brown
01-22-2018, 09:25 PM
Even sent Knappy a pm telling him to watch for shady activity from this guy. I feel like he's eventually gonna shmooze new members into sending him stuff to fix and that is going to turn out badly. As we learned with my namesake here, a lot of damage can be done through pm and outside contact. This man is a liar and he doesn't belong here.

Milner Brown
01-22-2018, 09:40 PM

Your turn to post a 3 wheeler that you built indy.

Milner Brown
01-22-2018, 09:59 PM

Here's another one. Built the engine for this one too, high performance with all brand new factory yamaha parts. It will rip 4th gear wheelies with ease. Dangerous fast for a utility trike.

Rob Canadian
01-24-2018, 07:32 PM
Well. Not sure who this Milner guy 'was'. Thanks for calling out my name... Not cool.

Ghostv2
01-24-2018, 08:26 PM
What the hell did i miss?! Fab and Milner in the same post and sharing a common interest in the Indy scheme? Just like yesteryears.

I’m not sure if I’m suppose to say welcome back or not but it was nice seeing that 225 again. A nice early inspiration for me.

3wheellifer
01-24-2018, 08:39 PM
That first 225DX is nice can someone link me to the build?

fabiodriven
01-24-2018, 09:06 PM
That was fake Milner Ghost. That was Damon.