PDA

View Full Version : 82 250r

daddy420big
02-01-2018, 10:57 AM
i had my 82 250r for like 6 months and was woundering what options do i have for the rear shock and rear brakes i like to get more travel out of the rear and my rear brakes are can of worn out .

trikelife101
02-01-2018, 02:21 PM
just put new shoes in the back

Thunder
02-04-2018, 08:58 PM
You could try extending your swing arm. That'll add more travel but may require getting your rear shock revalved. Or you can dial down the spring.
As for your rear brake yes replace the pads obviously, you should also pull the disc and hit it quickly with a flap wheel to deglaze it. Also look at getting a braided steel line, the old rubber hose after 35 years is probably a little soft.

daddy420big
02-07-2018, 10:30 AM
ok thanks thunder iam trying to get it set up for mx raceing this year this prob the worst year to do mx with but going to try

Tri-Z 250
02-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Not sure where your located, as to races run in your area but the 82' can make a solid TT machine. MXing it won't make it shine but it's really rider after the gate drops. Nothing like a good battle mid pack on an assumed underdog. Get your rear shock built custom, its worth every penny in performance over reconditioned stock unit. Re-spring the fronts (revalve if you can) RaceTech is a choice. Brakes are super important any upgrade helps, steel lines really make a difference. The big thing, getting to the track...No one has expectations at the riders meeting. After the race it's all hand shakes pats on the back, and the bump apologies happen from time to time too. Go have fun pick your date and try to make it work.

daddy420big
02-08-2018, 09:14 AM
we do have tt and mx iam in north east pa but i got a few months so starte to gathering up parts for her thanks very one