PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever mount these before .. Shockers shock covers

Wickedfinger
02-12-2004, 07:31 PM
I ordered these a few days ago off of a direct buy eBay auction. I normally only use Shock Wears or Moose, but I thought I'd give them a try. They were a great price ($37 for the whole set), very well made with triple stitches and extra wide velcro, were just enough "larger" than the shocks to fit (unlike Shockwears that are always a little too small and hard to mount sometimes) but arn't baggy and finally, they shipped them 3rd day air for no extra charge than the normal $7. They were very friendly to deal with and I gave them an A+++ eBay rating. If you are in the market for shock covers, I'd recomend them anyday. Another good thing about them is that they will make you a custom set to fit anything you want ... old trikes included. www.shockcovers.com

ATC crazy
02-12-2004, 09:19 PM
They look great. I've been wanting to get a set for my Foreman....cleaning the mud out of 'em is a pain :x

Adam250sx
02-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks, I have been looking at these covers on ebay and have been thinking up buying a set. I think I will now. Oh, last night was the first night I had my Scrambler out and it really hauled ass. Need to stud the tires, spinning too much on the snow trails. I am having one problem thou, the reverse isn't working properly. It has no power when backing up (Just bogs down, won't rev up). Any suggestion?

Wickedfinger
02-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Ya .. lol ... push in the reverse override button and cut out the rev limiter. If you are doing that and its still not going, look at the right side of the transmission above the brake lever and cover and you will see a wiring harness and sensor that plugs into the tranny case. Sometimes that gets dirty and it needs to be cleaned out. FYI: Most people don't know that if that button is pressed in, a Polaris will go just as fast in reverse as it will in forward :shock:

Adam250sx
02-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks I will try that tonight. Hopefully it is just that simple.
LOL :)

smokinp
02-13-2004, 11:17 PM
Looks good,nice job :Beerchug

ATC crazy
02-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Most people don't know that if that button is pressed in, a Polaris will go just as fast in reverse as it will in forward :shock:

Ohhhh...my friend found that out the hard way. He was riding his new Polaris 330 Magnum at my house. He stopped in the middle of the trail, threw it in reverse and nailed the throttle. He must have been going 20-25MPH in reverse right past me when he hit that tree. All you saw was plastic flying everywhere. The rear rack and plastic shattered, the metal bar and supports the rack was bent into a pretzel, and the grab bar was bent 90*

I dont know what drove him to do this...but all I did was LMAO :D :D

Ask 87 250SX....he was there too

REDMAN225
02-16-2004, 09:58 AM
i wish i'd feen that before. i just spent 50 on polaris shockwears!