PDA

View Full Version : Honda 185s ATC Rebuild and Questions.

Illcochy22
02-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Hello everyone,
OK. So i have a 185s honda that I plan on rebuilding from the ground up really soon. The trike has some issues but still runs. But I've been only able to find rebuild blogs on the other models of Honda's, 200s,the 110s and that like. So I have a small question. Does anyone know of a rebuild kit for the bottom end of these trikes? Or can you tell me most if not all of the things Id have to replace in the bottom end? The top end is pretty simple and I've got that sorted but the clutchs and stuff in the bottom I havent really cracked into yet. Now I've put new rings in this engine a time or two over the years but I havent done much to the bottom end. I think it might be time for a rebuild soonish. I also have a couple books on this trike so that should help. I just dont know exactly what I should get to do the rebuild in one go. Thank you guys for all the help.

fabiodriven
02-16-2018, 01:11 AM
As long as the transmission shifts there really isn't much to concern yourself with in the bottom end. If it needs clutch work you might want to do that, but that's it really.

greenhaze20
02-16-2018, 11:28 AM
I had the same problem with my 1985 200x build couldn’t find a full bottom end rebuild kit. what I did was take out all the bearings in the bottom case and just look up the numbers online and just order new bearings that way. Then look for a gasket kit, clutch. If you have a lot of play in your rod bring it to a machine shop to replace the needle bearings. Buy a can of assembly lube and stick it back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illcochy22
06-09-2018, 11:52 AM
So just bearings and the clutch pack. Got it.

HON-DUH
06-14-2018, 05:26 AM
dont forget to order oil seals when you order bearings.