PDA

View Full Version : Honda 185s main jet question

Honda.Man185s
02-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering what size main jets the Honda 185s takes. Mine has the stock 95 in it right know and bogs at full throttle due to the previous owner cutting out the spark arrestor. It runs perfect on half choke. Could someone tell me what the length, thread diameter, and head diameter of these jets are. I have looked all over eBay and find many jetting kits, none seem to mention the Keihin type PD carburetor which this trike uses. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DAM shop
02-20-2018, 06:15 PM
Honda man go to jetsRus, they have a great chart for any kind of jet you need, you can determine your jet by the measurements you speak of thru their chart and then you just buy what ya need.. use it all the time.

Honda.Man185s
02-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Honda man go to jetsRus, they have a great chart for any kind of jet you need, you can determine your jet by the measurements you speak of thru their chart and then you just buy what ya need.. use it all the time.

Thx you sir, if it runs perfect at half choke, any idea what number jet I should try, I was thinking of starting with about a 100 or so.

Rob Canadian
02-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Would cutting out the spark arrestor make "that" much of a difference(?)

I would be making sure that carb is very clean first myself. Before guessing on a jet size. YMMV

Honda.Man185s
02-20-2018, 06:49 PM
Would cutting out the spark arrestor make "that" much of a difference(?)

I would be making sure that carb is very clean first myself. Before guessing on a jet size. YMMV

You make a good point, I have cleaned this carb many times, but I might try an overhaul kit first.

DAM shop
02-20-2018, 06:50 PM
Thx you sir, if it runs perfect at half choke, any idea what number jet I should try, I was thinking of starting with about a 100 or so.Yep I agree with Rob on this one I think you have other issues besides a jet..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DAM shop
02-20-2018, 06:58 PM
Yep I agree with Rob on this one I think you have other issues besides a jet..

Have you checked your timing? What's your plug look like ? I think Rob is right on this one that the carb might be dirty.. not real familiar with the 185 but are you able to run an inline fuel filter on that?

Honda.Man185s
02-20-2018, 07:32 PM
Timing is good, plug looks normal. I have cleaned the carb countless times. Have an in-line fuel filter and clean fuel. Seems to run awsome until you hold it wide open, wants to almost die, starving for fuel. I ordered a carb kit that should be in soon so I will try that next. Maybe somethings out of spec?

yaegerb
02-20-2018, 08:40 PM
It runs perfect on half choke.

Meaning, it’s always on half choke when running through the gears?

Honda.Man185s
02-20-2018, 09:20 PM
Meaning, it’s always on half choke when running through the gears?

Yes even idles perfect on half.

DAM shop
02-20-2018, 10:30 PM
You have a air filter in it right?

yaegerb
02-21-2018, 12:29 AM
Yes even idles perfect on half.

If you need half choke when running through the gears it’s lean and you may have an air leak. Spray carb cleaner around the intake and the airbox connections while running and see if you notice a change in idle speed.

350for350
02-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Since you know that someone cut out your spark arrestor, That would probably be your main culprit. Yes, it really make your engine run that lean. Removing the spark arrestor removes quite a bit of restriction from your engine. Running with the choke halfway closed adds a restriction to the air flow, making your engine run better.