PDA

View Full Version : 1980 honda atc 185 CLUTCH REMOVAL!

kaosh26
02-23-2018, 07:43 AM
okay so i have a 1980 185 that slips bad and seems to only start moving onced warmed up and then one day lost 2nd, so i figured it was the clutches and went ahead and ordered a new set. I have searched and searched on how to remove and replace these and cannot find a video or post on a guide. i did download the manual and says i need a CLUTCH CENTER HOLDER. Im wondering if i need one to complete the task or not. Also for oil refill do i just just 4 stroke oil? Lastly maybe its not my clutches and something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

350for350
02-23-2018, 10:03 PM
Be sure to use a good, quality oil that's made for these engines. Some say that synthetic oil will make the clutch slip. Me? I'd recommend Hondaline GN4. In my opinion, it's hard to go wrong with oil that's sold by the same company that sold your trike in the first place. I haven't done this job yet so I don't have much advice for you. Are you replacing the manual, centrifugal, or both?

125Mmadness
02-23-2018, 10:16 PM
You don't need a special holder, you can always find a way to hold clutch or just us an impact wrench. You will need a socket for the nut. As for oil I use Castrol Avecto and haven't had problems with my new clutch discs.