PDA

View Full Version : 1985 ATC 200S Thanks for having me!

Cow Pie
03-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Howdy all!
I just picked up a rough ATC 200S from a dairy farmer down the road. Doesn't run, has a rope tied to the front brake lever and the handlebar so you can grab and pull to stop, pull-start rope is draggin' on the ground, has some unknown red plastic bolted all over it, no seat cover or foam, and a cool trailer ball welded to the grab bar. Other than all that she's cherry! Can't wait to tear it down and start building. I hope y'all can help with tips and places for parts. Thanks in advance for the help and humor.

Cow Pie

Update: Got it running good. Starting to look for pieces. It has none of the original compression release parts (seems to be common for these). My hand, wrist, shoulder is killing me! I can get it started by rolling it slightly past compression and then going for it. Works most of the times but when it doesn't, gosh I pay for it! Can you still get the compression release parts? I need everything that resides inside of the recoil start cover, rubber seal, and cable. Also, a headlight.

Thanks

magilla12
03-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Howdy all!
I just picked up a rough ATC 200S from a dairy farmer down the road. Doesn't run, has a rope tied to the front brake lever and the handlebar so you can grab and pull to stop, pull-start rope is draggin' on the ground, has some unknown red plastic bolted all over it, no seat cover or foam, and a cool trailer ball welded to the grab bar. Other than all that she's cherry! Can't wait to tear it down and start building. I hope y'all can help with tips and places for parts. Thanks in advance for the help and humor.

Cow Pie

Welcome to the madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironchop
03-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Welcome.

Nice CJ7!!

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

geyerman89
03-02-2018, 09:04 PM
It will be fun

Cow Pie
03-28-2018, 01:23 PM
Is there a list here for people who supply parts? I would much rather support folks who put their heart and soul into something they are passionate about rather than buy some cheap knock-off from overseas. Not to mention the quality and desire to support local folks.
Thanks again for the help.

Update: I found the list.